• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Refined Iso extraction for Concerta

Quere

Bluelighter
Hey guys I thought I would share the method of extracting methylphenidate (MPH) from Concerta that my partner and I have refined over some 7 years (on and off) of extracting the MPH from Concerta.

Extracting the MPH allows more effective and safe use of rectal, nasal and intravenous administration of Concerta by removing the vast majority of inactive ingredients that are unsafe to inject and probably not great for the nose (in addition to the issue of the pills gelling up).

Doing this process with Concerta can be quite time consuming and frustrating until you get the hang of it but once you've got it down it is very quick and easy (I can perform this extraction in around 10-15 mins). This method of extraction should work well with other MPH ER tablets and IR tablets too. In fact i suspect it will be both significantly easier and more effective with pretty much any MPH preparation other than Concerta (although these kinds of pills are already easy to abuse so extraction is not so necessary as it is with Concerta).

What you'll need:

*Concerta tablets

*Sharp cutting tool; X-acto, boxcutter etc

*Mortar and pestle (ideally, but you can also crush them in the container you'll be soaking the powder in or on your desk etc

*96% or higher isopropyl alcohol (I have heard good things about both methanol and ethanol (must be at least 95%) but have no personal experience using either. The key here is whatever alcohol you use you want it to have the least water possible).

*2 x 3ml luerlock syringe

*cottons or cigarette filters to pull the iso through

*Small dish for evaporation (choose wisely as if you are intending to insufflate then you will need to scrape the MPH out of this dish) I prefer using something metal that will conduct heat well and often something round that can sit on top of a glass of boiled water to speed the evap.

*Container in which to mix your iso and Concerta

*Hair dryer (not totally necessary but speeds the evap process by miles)

Before we start I need to say Concerta hates moisture, it will turn into a tragically useless gelly mess if you handle it while your hands are sweaty or even if it's really humid it can absorb moisture from the air and gel up. So you want to keep water out of the equation as much as possible and handle the pills as little as possible.

The difference between getting crystalline MPH and gunky paste is dependent on three things; keeping it as dry as possible, getting the powder as fine as possible and filtering the iso/MPH solution as well as possible before you evap.

First off we need to dismantle our Concerta tablets, I usually do 4-5 x 54mg pills at a time.

Slice along the length of the pill with your knife and use that cut to get your knife under the outer coating to start prying it off.

Now that we have our pills with the outer coatings removed (don't throw them away as they contain 20%~ of the MPH content of the pill) take your knife and cut off the top of the pill as close as you can to where it begins to curve (this makes it much easier to get the plastic coating off later, you can keep the top parts if you want to save them up for when you're running low).

Then take your knife and cut off the greenish-brown half of the pill which contains the spongey bit that pushes the drug out as it expands from contact with water.

So now you should have all your pills with both ends removed, slice vertically into the remaining coating and you should be able to pry it up and gently pull and roll it off in one go.

Take the pills and crush them up in your mortar and pestle or other crushing apparatus, you want to get it as fine as possible. If you fucked up in terms of moisture you won't be able to get it completely powdered but if you got it right you should be able to get it to a very fine consistency.

Now we pour the powdered pills into our container (I usually use an empty pill bottle) and put in just enough iso to saturate then cover the powder slightly, for 4 pills I use about 2 mls for the first wash and 0.5 - 1 mls for the second.

Now grab something that you can use to mash the powder/iso mix (make sure it is completely dry!) for about 10 or 20 secs.

Drop a piece of one of your cigarette filters (remove the paper around the outside first) or cotton into the container with the powder/iso and use your syringe to draw the iso through the cotton/filter while being careful not to get any bits of powder on the syringe. Then squirt the iso into a new clean container drop a new filter in and filter again using a new syringe. The iso should now be a milky colour but without any particulate matter floating in it. Add the second wash of iso and repeat the process again.

Now we're getting somewhere, squirt your filtered iso/MPH solution into your evap. dish. You can leave it to evaporate naturally but my preference is to boil some water, fill a glass to the top and sit the evap. dish on top of that. This speeds up the process hugely on its own but if you carefully use a hairdryer (hold it at arms length on the low setting with heat on high, be careful or you might spray it everywhere) you can get it totally dry in a minute.

Now if you did the whole process right you will have a bunch of reasonably pure MPH crystals in pretty patterns all over the surface of your evaporation dish. If you didn't do it perfectly they may appear more 'chalky' and if you really fucked it up it'll look like gunky plastic. But let's hope that didn't happen and you are left with this:

Now you can either use a scalpel/razor to scrape the crystals off your dish to snort it, or to store it for later use or you can squirt a couple of mls of hot water into the dish, mix it till it dissolves and draw it up through a cotton to plug or inject it.

Ideally you should wheel filter the solution as well if you intend to inject it but if you don't have a wheel it is still much healthier than crushing up IR pills and injecting after only filtering through cotton.

Hope this is useful

Quere.

Attachments

• 2019-10-19 11.18.01.jpg
    2019-10-19 11.18.01.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 27
Hey guys I thought I would share the method of extracting methylphenidate (MPH) from Concerta that my partner and I have refined over some 7 years (on and off) of extracting the MPH from Concerta.

Extracting the MPH allows more effective and safe use of rectal, nasal and intravenous administration of Concerta by removing the vast majority of inactive ingredients that are unsafe to inject and probably not great for the nose (in addition to the issue of the pills gelling up).

Doing this process with Concerta can be quite time consuming and frustrating until you get the hang of it but once you've got it down it is very quick and easy (I can perform this extraction in around 10-15 mins). This method of extraction should work well with other MPH ER tablets and IR tablets too. In fact i suspect it will be both significantly easier and more effective with pretty much any MPH preparation other than Concerta (although these kinds of pills are already easy to abuse so extraction is not so necessary as it is with Concerta).

What you'll need:

*Concerta tablets

*Sharp cutting tool; X-acto, boxcutter etc

*Mortar and pestle (ideally, but you can also crush them in the container you'll be soaking the powder in or on your desk etc

*96% or higher isopropyl alcohol (I have heard good things about both methanol and ethanol (must be at least 95%) but have no personal experience using either. The key here is whatever alcohol you use you want it to have the least water possible).

*2 x 3ml luerlock syringe

*cottons or cigarette filters to pull the iso through

*Small dish for evaporation (choose wisely as if you are intending to insufflate then you will need to scrape the MPH out of this dish) I prefer using something metal that will conduct heat well and often something round that can sit on top of a glass of boiled water to speed the evap.

*Container in which to mix your iso and Concerta

*Hair dryer (not totally necessary but speeds the evap process by miles)

Before we start I need to say Concerta hates moisture, it will turn into a tragically useless gelly mess if you handle it while your hands are sweaty or even if it's really humid it can absorb moisture from the air and gel up. So you want to keep water out of the equation as much as possible and handle the pills as little as possible.

The difference between getting crystalline MPH and gunky paste is dependent on three things; keeping it as dry as possible, getting the powder as fine as possible and filtering the iso/MPH solution as well as possible before you evap.

First off we need to dismantle our Concerta tablets, I usually do 4-5 x 54mg pills at a time.

Slice along the length of the pill with your knife and use that cut to get your knife under the outer coating to start prying it off.

View attachment 15957

Now that we have our pills with the outer coatings removed (don't throw them away as they contain 20%~ of the MPH content of the pill) take your knife and cut off the top of the pill as close as you can to where it begins to curve (this makes it much easier to get the plastic coating off later, you can keep the top parts if you want to save them up for when you're running low).

View attachment 15958

Then take your knife and cut off the greenish-brown half of the pill which contains the spongey bit that pushes the drug out as it expands from contact with water.

View attachment 15959

So now you should have all your pills with both ends removed, slice vertically into the remaining coating and you should be able to pry it up and gently pull and roll it off in one go.

View attachment 15960

Take the pills and crush them up in your mortar and pestle or other crushing apparatus, you want to get it as fine as possible. If you fucked up in terms of moisture you won't be able to get it completely powdered but if you got it right you should be able to get it to a very fine consistency.

Now we pour the powdered pills into our container (I usually use an empty pill bottle) and put in just enough iso to saturate then cover the powder slightly, for 4 pills I use about 2 mls for the first wash and 0.5 - 1 mls for the second.

Now grab something that you can use to mash the powder/iso mix (make sure it is completely dry!) for about 10 or 20 secs.

Drop a piece of one of your cigarette filters (remove the paper around the outside first) or cotton into the container with the powder/iso and use your syringe to draw the iso through the cotton/filter while being careful not to get any bits of powder on the syringe. Then squirt the iso into a new clean container drop a new filter in and filter again using a new syringe. The iso should now be a milky colour but without any particulate matter floating in it. Add the second wash of iso and repeat the process again.

Now we're getting somewhere, squirt your filtered iso/MPH solution into your evap. dish. You can leave it to evaporate naturally but my preference is to boil some water, fill a glass to the top and sit the evap. dish on top of that. This speeds up the process hugely on its own but if you carefully use a hairdryer (hold it at arms length on the low setting with heat on high, be careful or you might spray it everywhere) you can get it totally dry in a minute.

Now if you did the whole process right you will have a bunch of reasonably pure MPH crystals in pretty patterns all over the surface of your evaporation dish. If you didn't do it perfectly they may appear more 'chalky' and if you really fucked it up it'll look like gunky plastic. But let's hope that didn't happen and you are left with this:

View attachment 15961

Now you can either use a scalpel/razor to scrape the crystals off your dish to snort it, or to store it for later use or you can squirt a couple of mls of hot water into the dish, mix it till it dissolves and draw it up through a cotton to plug or inject it.

Ideally you should wheel filter the solution as well if you intend to inject it but if you don't have a wheel it is still much healthier than crushing up IR pills and injecting after only filtering through cotton.

Hope this is useful

Quere.
Very helpful sir. Can I use coffee filter? If so, do i need to use multiple layers? I got myself 99% isopropyl alcohol. Is this good enough?

I would like to add that the product from this extraction is smokable.

I mixed in a small amount of ammonia after filtering and evaporated the iso in an oil burner.

I need to experiment further but it definitely had effects