• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Reducing Adderall Tolerance

BustedTs206

Greenlighter
Hey, I've heard many people using a combination of DXM and magnesium. They'd pop it just before their speed dose and it boosts it up quite significantly. Well I have a few questions:

1. Can you take like 60mg of DXM the day before your Adderall dose and have it still decrease your tolerance?

2. I know DXM isn't a safe drug (especially when used consistently). And nor is adderall, and so I do it every other day. Anyways if I took a low dose, 60mg of DXM, along with a 2x20mg IR Adderall pills, what kinda long-term effects should I expect?

EDIT: 3. Also, how would it feel to workout on this combo of DXM + Adderall? DXM usually upsets my stomach in high doses so I'm curious.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I really wouldn't recommend working out on either DXM or adderall. And with your DXM dosages, they are very low and I don't see it having an effect on anything.

Related Reading.

Chelated Magnesium is 10x better than DXM in my opinion for amphetamines.

Dude I can barely understand what they're saying. "The AMD inhibits to the BS causing neurotoxicity to the SC."

Anyways why do you say that Ch. Mg. (am I getting the abbr. down?) is better/more effective than DXM?

I don't know if there's an abbreviation for chelated magnesium, I always write it out.

Just speaking from experience, chelated magnesium changed my entire experience with amphetamines for the better, and DXM never did anything for me when taken at a low dose with hopes of reducing opioid tolerance. The difference with chelated magnesium though, was night and day.

I don't know if there's an abbreviation for chelated magnesium, I always write it out.

Just speaking from experience, chelated magnesium changed my entire experience with amphetamines for the better, and DXM never did anything for me when taken at a low dose with hopes of reducing opioid tolerance. The difference with chelated magnesium though, was night and day.

Crap I couldn't find Chelated Magnesium. So all I got was Magnesium Glycinate 400mg.

Is this like the same stuff?

EDIT: And do I gotta take it daily or just everytime before my dose?

Sorry for so many questions man I'm just tired of feeling hardly anything from my Adderall.

No worrie mate.

No, it's not the same. See how it works though until you get the real deal.

For best results, it must be Chelated Magnesium, other forms of magnesium are not absorbed as well. You can get it in most pharmacies, health food stores, and online, just search Google.

You just take it on days that you dose.

No worrie mate.

No, it's not the same. See how it works though until you get the real deal.

For best results, it must be Chelated Magnesium, other forms of magnesium are not absorbed as well. You can get it in most pharmacies, health food stores, and online, just search Google.

You just take it on days that you dose.

O.K I tried it with 400mg of Glycinate and man I'm feeling it alright. I took 20mg of Barr (which I freaking hate so I put this bad boy to the test) and I can actually say I like it... Weird...

THanks a lot man you're the best. I'm telling my friends about it as well. I'll say "No no, don't thank me. Thank the tricomb."

NOTE: I found this article on http://www.livestrong.com/article/251947-types-of-magnesium-supplements/

Magnesium glycinate is a chelated form of magnesium. Chelated means that the magnesium comes bound to another molecule, usually an organic amino acid. Dr. Carolyn Dean says that the body may absorb magnesium glycinate better than other types of magnesium supplements, which makes them a good choice for people with magnesium deficiency.

Idk if they're right but it makes me happy to hear :D

<no sourcing> Chelated Masgnesium Albion Amino Acid Chelate, 200mg chelated magnesium glycinate chelate 90 caps for< no price discussion at all> at my local health store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take memantine, chelated magnesium, and small dose of DXM and it has greatly reduced my tolerance to adderall. Went from taking 120-150mg daily, back down to my prescribed dose of 30 x 3 daily. I am a female, about 5'8, 120 lbs. so 120mgs of adderall was kinda a massive amount. But that's how bad my tolerance was, and I needed to up it to get anything out of it. Now I actually take about 60mgs daily and that's all I need. :)