View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Reduce negative effects on acid

antecedent

Greenlighter
Hi so far i've tripped on acid twice, first time I was home with one (experienced) friend for a couple hours, sweating and feeling like i couldn't get comfortable no matter where I was sitting, a few visuals, then went to a park where I really felt uncomfortable for a few more hours until it wore off. Second trip, took two tabs by myself (friend came home later for a bit to check on me, but i wasn't anxious or unhappy so she left). The visuals were incredibly interesting and I had some insights that felt absolutely awe inspiring. However I still had intense sweating and was constantly concerned about the thermostat/fan, I couldn't tell whether I was hot or cold. Also accompanied by the inability to get comfortable and constantly fretting over the apartment being messy/things lying on the bed (it is very small). I was also faintly nauseous and I had tremors for the first couple of hours, then couldn't get to sleep for fourteen hours after dropping.

So basically what I'm asking is, what's the best way to reduce some or all of these symptoms? I've heard some conflicting things on the internet but I'm nervous about combining drugs i.e. xanax considering I'm pretty inexperienced. Particularly: body temperature, tremors, and inability to get comfortable.

Hi. Experience reports generally suggest that LSD tends to produce harsher or more strange reactions than other psychedelics. It's the nature of the beast. IMHO, there are gentler tools around. CZ

those symptoms are signs of psychological resistance to the experience, they manifest as physical sensations/symptoms. best way to get rid of 'em is to learn how to let go and go with the flow. this can be difficult in early experiences but once you become a more experienced tirpper youll learn how to relax.

It's all about distractions. You can't just sit there and think about your pain, it'll just spiral inward.

I value integration in both sober life and with psychedelic experiences. Difficult thoughts exist in life. Ignoring those thoughts doesn't make them go away. Repressing/ignoring those thoughts only results in them surfacing again at other times.

Psychedelics offer a unique therapeutic experiences, an opportunity of resolving those challenging thoughts early, when we choose, on our own terms.

Integrate those thoughts. LSD is safe and you're safe. LSD is amplifying your subconscious. Ask yourself why those thoughts exist? Work through those thoughts and become comfortable with them. This is how people grow and learn in an emotional way.

When your sober consider those thoughts again and finish integration. When this is done you'll find peace.

you're definitely holding shit back deep in your mind. it will manifest psychosomatically

i used to be obsessed with wind in my guts on my early trips and often get discomfort but now i never have a situation which i cannot handle and i go clubbing on these type of drugs. at the same time i trip on things now that cause less bodyload by miles than mushrooms which i sued to eat. dont eat them make tea. far superior

[...] constantly fretting over the apartment being messy/things lying on the bed (it is very small).

A messy environment especially bothers me on psychedelics. Before the next time you trip, you should make an effort to clean your apartment, and if it's a bit drab, try to get some fun color in the room. Hang a poster on the wall, put some flowers in a vase, etc.

And definitely don't try to combat the anxiety with Xanax. That's totally pointless, unless you're freaking out to the point of insanity. You need to overcome the discomfort on your own. Just remember, much of the value in psychedelics comes from forcing you to face your fears; so if you're afraid, well done. You're properly tripping.

Thanks guys! I'm taking it again next weekend with a few good friends of mine. I'll definitely try to take receptivity into my attitude, i'm sure being around other tripping people will help.

Nobody is responding to my other threads so Ima ask here, I'm going to take a pure lsd gummy bear and a mixed tab this week and I don't know which to take first in perspective of a better trip, also I know the come up is going to be really hard is there anyway I can help that

Nobody is responding to my other threads so Ima ask here, I'm going to take a pure lsd gummy bear and a mixed tab this week and I don't know which to take first in perspective of a better trip, also I know the come up is going to be really hard is there anyway I can help that

do you know how much LSD is going to be in each? finding out will be a good starting point to how hard you're going to trip. also, are you experienced? with acid/other psychs?

Anybody can answer that question, except maybe people who tried both batches? We don't know if is LSD on your gummy bear or your tab, and we for sure don't know how many micrograms they have got.

Like people replied before on this post, distractions is the key, either for the comeup or for the trip itself. I tend to play videogames on the comeup of drugs if I'm at home, since I forget about the comeup until it all explodes on my face, usually, with some nice high quality videogame on the background :)

Up your dosage. Get way out past your parasympathetic nervous system, and beyond your ideas of "me" and "sweating". Don't take xanax. Ig's for pussies. up your dosage and let your Self heal you. Don't be afraid.

I've found that what works best for me is to eat decent good the day before tripping and have a few beers before taking the acid. The alcohol helps me relax a lot more than taking it sober. Without it I get all jittery and tense on the come up which causes me to fight it some rather than easing into the trip. Don't overdo the alcohol though, just a couple to relax, going into a trip full on drunk takes away a lot of the magic.

^I doubt they are. MetanoiaMan is known for his strong opinions, and Vediog has good advice. I too highly recommend beer before an acid trip. I don't bother tripping these days unless I've got some beer to drink on the come up. It works like a charm for those jitters, and does little to dampen the peak if you don't continue binge drinking.

I asked because Erowid published a satirical article mocking the bad decisions people make resulting from War on Drugs education programs such as DARE. Erowid compiled knowledge from the tens of thousands of experience reports they have received and created the list of the most irresponsible decisions people make. Both of those ideas were on the list they made.

Erowid said:
How to Have a Bad Trip...
Alienate Friends, Get Hospitalized,
or Die from Taking Relatively Safe Drugs

(18 Tips for Maximizing Risk)

by the Erowid Crew (special thanks to Space-Sheep and Limonene)
April 2016

Citation: Erowid. "How to Have a Bad Trip, Alienate Friends, Get Hospitalized, or Die from Taking Relatively Safe Drugs." Erowid.org. Apr 1, 2016. www.erowid.org/psychoactives/humor/humor_article1.shtml

the-mad_crypt_theeffects.jpg

Don't spend any time learning about the drug(s) you are taking.
Drugs are drugs, they get you high. LSD, caffeine, bath salts, whatever, they're all the same.

Dealers know best about the drugs they sell.
They will provide all relevant information. After all, they're the experts!

Your dealer knows best about your dosage.
The price always includes a personalized assessment of your body weight, biological sensitivities, experience, mood, and setting.

Vendor labeling is completely accurate.
If it says 99% pure on the label or the website, it's true. All vendors use independent lab testing to verify what they sell and how pure it is.

Eyeball the dose.
This is an especially reliable method if you have experience measuring other powders or liquids of completely different concentrations, purities, or textures.

Personal test-doses are stupid.
Trying a very low measured dose the day or week before you trip is a waste of time and of drugs. If it turns out to be something mislabeled, you can handle it. The sense of uncertainty is exhilarating!

Get drunk first.
Ethanol will give you courage, especially if you're not actually sure about what you're taking. Alcohol has the added benefits of promoting disinhibition, reducing dexterity, and clouding judgment.

Lick the baggie or bottle after you've measured your dose.
You want to get every drop or speck of its content in you, right now.

humor_article1_2.gif

Trust Insanity Cat

Sleep deprivation makes everything better.
If you've barely slept lately, it's a really great time to trip (or re-dose). Sleep has no impact on your psychological wellbeing.

Paranoia is your friend.
It gives you insight into secret thoughts of others, especially if they seem ominous. (Is your friend *really* showing up to check on your wellbeing, or are they fucking with you?) It also reveals the hidden malevolent beings that want to probe you for research. They may get you anyway, but at least you can show them you know the score!

Avoid the "dreaded underdose".
The best way to do this is to take twice as much of anything you're offered.

Don't wait to redose.
If it's taking more than thirty minutes to kick in, take more! Either it's bunk so nothing happens, or you're going to get extra high, sooner. You can't lose!

Mental health doesn't matter at all.
If you or your family have a history of psychosis or bipolar disorder, ignore it, especially if you are taking daily medications. Everyone knows medications never interact with psychoactive drugs.

It's a great idea to trip when you're grieving or upset.
After a row with your partner, following a major loss, or even just getting bad news will do. Psychedelics are especially good at helping dull emotional pain.

humor_article1_3.gif

Worry about Judgmental Owl

When tripping at home, dose in secret.
Best done alone in your basement or room, away from parents, housemates, or significant others that you're hiding from.

If dosing in public, do it around an unsympathetic and ideally somewhat aggressive crowd.
Bonus if the music is disturbing and emotionally heavy.

Get behind the wheel as you come up.
Psychedelics, sedatives, cough syrup, and painkillers all make you a better driver. In any case, cars never break down, and traffic and weather favor the confused tripper, it's a scientific fact.

Don't worry about getting a friend or experienced guide to act as a sitter.
If you get too high and you're tempted to play in traffic or take off all your clothes and run around, they would just try to stop you from having a complete experience.

Disclaimer
This tongue-in-cheek look at some of the poor decisions people make when taking psychoactives is meant for entertainment and should not be construed as advice. To read a straightforward perspective on *good* decision-making, please see The Fundamentals of Responsible Psychoactive Use.

Links #

Revision History #

v1.02 - Apr 2, 2016 - Earth - Changed to humor_.
v1.01 - Apr 1, 2016 - Earth - Added link to WVC 20 Safety Tips.
v1.0 - Apr 1, 2016 - Erowid Crew - Published on Erowid.org.
v0.5 - March 2016 - Space-Sheep - First got ball rolling.
https://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/humor/humor_article1.shtml

Well, clearly one shouldn't decide to trip all of a sudden when they're black out drunk. I'm not talking about first times, or getting actually drunk before you trip, but simply having 1-4 beers in the first bit of the trip depending on your liver's tolerance. It really​ helps in my experience.

I also saw that April fools article.

Yeah there's nothing wrong with having a beer or two to take the edge off of the come up of LSD. Just make sure to stay properly hydrated.

I'd maybe not suggest drinking beer on the come up of a more nauseating chemical like 2c-e, or plant based entheogens, since alcohol is a good way to exacerbate nausea. But LSD has very little body load, relative to those compounds.

^Agreed. I had a beer while coming onto mushrooms one time and it had me sitting on the ground looking a fool at a festival. Not my thing... but with acid? I don't remember the last time I didn't chase a tab down with a beer.