View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Reduce LSD physical effects

Psyder

Greenlighter
Anybody know of any tricks e.g. preloading etc. to reduce the physical effects of LSD, in particular pins and needles in the arms/hands and the shakes. I'm normally quite shaky anyway, especially after doing weights or when excited so maybe I'm just susceptible.

Additionally, I've only been exploring since Christmas but lately, I've been getting a tight chest about 2 hours after taking the tab. My last go (supposedly 360ug) gave me a fright as it felt like something stopped/hollow behind my solar plexus - I can't determine if it was breathing or heart related. I panicked which made it worse but fortunately managed to calm down. For about a week after I was woken regularly with the same thing in the night but it was OK as soon as I was awake. I'm not sure if it's 'something' I need to work through or whether I should stop tripping with such large doses - I don't want to be the first person to die on LSD due to the drug itself.

Are you sure it has to do with the LSD, doing LSD usually leaves you with a bit of vasoconstriction but never heard of anything like this. Are you prone to anxiety/ panic attacks? that could be a factor for the lack if breath and tight chest.

I agree that the physical side effects of LSD are pretty uncomfortable, I would just pop a low dose benzos to smooth out any uncomfortable senaations. No benzos will not kill the trip, despite popular belief . The biggest hassle for the physical effects for me is mainly just the come up, as it is kicking in, I find it highly uncomfortable in all ways, but this period only lasts about 25mins , I'll personally just ride it out. I also puke my brains out right before I'm about to take off. .

Are you sure it has to do with the LSD, doing LSD usually leaves you with a bit of vasoconstriction but never heard of anything like this. Are you prone to anxiety/ panic attacks? that could be a factor for the lack if breath and tight chest.

Yes, only happens on LSD and I'm not prone to panic attacks.

I'm interested in psychonauting at higher doses.

Could it be something like the re-experiencing of birth that I've heard about?

I think you know what it is and are beating around the bushes by assuming that the psychonautical experience requires a specific degree of depth / dose... as if skin diving were that significantly different an experience after 3 atmospheres (100 feet down) than it is at less than one (34 feet down).
coming back from the depth of 100 feet involves careful delay or the diver gets the bends, 34 feet none at all. Both leave the diver wet and invigorated.

I think you know what it is and are beating around the bushes by assuming that the psychonautical experience requires a specific degree of depth / dose... as if skin diving were that significantly different an experience after 3 atmospheres (100 feet down) than it is at less than one (34 feet down).
coming back from the depth of 100 feet involves careful delay or the diver gets the bends, 34 feet none at all. Both leave the diver wet and invigorated.
^^^Excellent reference! :)

Maybe try taking Magnesium before and during the trip. It does reduce unpleasant effects from lots of psychs for me. I found that yerba mate tea mixed with ginger makes me more comfortable while on high tab trip too.

Also, Cotcha Yankinov had a suggestion in the other thread:
The current theory of migraine is that alteration in neural activity (cortical spreading depression, essentially a spreading wave of excitability) leads to release of vasodilatory substances from trigeminal ganglia near the jaw that then dilates the cerebral vasculature and causes pain, so therein is a difference between drugs that will have a direct vasoconstrictive effect vs. drugs that can cause a change in the neural activity that can lead to release of vasodilatory substances from trigeminal ganglia.

LSD could be treating cluster headaches by an indirect mechanism (ie, its not binding directly to 5-HT2A receptors located on arteries and mediating vasoconstriction therein). It could be smoothing out some of the neural abnormalities (hypothalamus) seen in cluster headaches.

But vasoconstriction like OP experienced could be a consequence of hormones released by the alteration in neural activity, and also a direct effect of LSD on the vasculature. You may be able to block the direct effect with a 5-HT2 antagonist that doesn't cross the BBB, but I'm not sure if there is one.

I don't think its known whether or not Sarpogrelate crosses the BBB, but if it doesn't, sarpogrelate could be a potential treatment for vasoconstriction due to aterial 5-HT2A activation

Cannabis helps for me. Give it a try... however it certainly makes the mental side of your trip a lot more intense. Sounds like a fair trade to me though.

Make sure you're well rested and fed on the day of your trip. Other than that, yeah, take less. If the dose of LSD you're taking makes you concerned you might die, it's too much for you. There's no way around that.

If you don't think a 200 mcg dose is high enough for deep introspection and mindfucking then honestly you probably haven't had very many 200 mcg trips.

Be very wary of using Cannabis while you trip. It sounds like the doses of LSD you're taking sometimes make you a little anxious, and Cannabis can sometimes make that much much worse.

Last edited:
Update

Got a new batch of 165ug tabs which seem very strong compared to what I've had before. I've been doing 3/8's of a tab for clubbing and been OK.

This weekend, I was at a festival and did 3/8 Friday. I had Saturday off and then on Sunday, I upped it a bit as I figured they'd be some tolerance. So, I took 3/8, waited an hour, felt some mild effects and then took another 2/8's. I had a good time up to about 3 hours in and then my left arm went dead, I had shooting pains across the left shoulder and my heart felt really fast. This sounds like the symptoms of a heart attack/stroke to me so unfortunately, I think I'll have to stick to low doses - maybe it raises my blood pressure too high and maybe, contrary to popular opinion, it is possible to die from LSD. After the near death experience passed though, I had a great time.

I've had the tab confirmed as 100% LSD at Wedinos.

sounds like great tabs,
enjoy, use less but enjoy more times.

Try taking aspirin to thin your blood, that works for me with amphetamine vasoconstriction. Obviously don't do this if you're gonna be drinking or using anything else with LSD.