• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Redosing vs. just taking more to begin with

filli

Greenlighter
Does anyone have any evidence, anecdotal or otherwise, that redosing is any "better" than just taking more to begin with? (I'm not talking about health effects).

Redosing what?
With opiates this is definitely not the case, IME. Such a waste if you don't start things off on the right foot..

Does anyone have any evidence, anecdotal or otherwise, that redosing is any "better" than just taking more to begin with? (I'm not talking about health effects).

I don't think there's a better or a worse (health-wise there is but that was not your question). I find that taking a very large initial dose launches me straight to the point where I want to be while upping your dose with redoses, ofcourse timed right, will get me to that same point but more gradual. I used to like the redose method better because I could more accurately predict where I was going to end up. But since I was very slowly losing the magic I usually don't redose anymore and just drop a little more initially

It's not better, it's different. Taking more initially will not increase the length of the experience, but will increase the intensity. Whereby redosing after the initial dose will prolong the experience, while not adding so much to the intensity. That's the fundamental difference.

It's all subjective.

Experiment and make up your mind. Please report back and let us all know your personal opinion.

I would say for a noob don't do anymore than 150mg pure in one dose until you know for sure and hence wouldn't need to post a question such as this. Il always suggest noobs start with 100/120mg and titrate up if they feel they need. Tbh a noob with quality gear 120mg should blow your mind so if you don't want your mind blown back down to a 100mg. Choose your own destiny not what some clowns on an anonymous website spew at you.

Be safe.

Last edited:
I always just drop the whole bean or dose of mdma or opiates at the same time. Chasing it wont be as satisfying and with mda or mdma it is probably worse on your brain than if you didn't redose.

My average dose is 150-200mgs tested mdma. You'll be rolling a good 4 hours still high for another 2 after that. Usually when I bust out the marijuana and nitrous. Would like to try following it with ketamine some day.

I'm not a "noob" to E or to drugs, I just haven't done it enough to see whether there's a clear difference between taking more at one time or redosing; anecdotally, it seems to me that there isn't much difference.

I've done both redosing and larger single dose. Currently, I prefer re-dosing after one hour because I can maintain the bliss a little while longer. I have decided I am less interested in the super-intense experience than I am in prolonging a really great experience. That's why I prefer re-dosing after an hour (for me).

I dont know about you guys but i find when i roll i like to take a smallish dose first and then redose with a larger dose. Say for instance i take around 70-80mg at first and just get use to that a bit and then take a larger dose like 150-160mg. It helps me enjoy my experience a bit more. say when i take a large dose straight up i feel everything goes so quickly.

I prefer both. I easily go through 400mg+ in a night sometimes.

100 mg attack dose, 50 mg redose near the middle of the plateau phase. I don't need an initial whallop with my lack of tolerance, so I like the extended duration. Probably exacerbates the hangover though.

ebola

I like to redose if I am using something I never have before. If I'm experienced with a substance I do as much as I can for the first dose. If I have any left after that, then I redose. Go hard or go home!

100 mg attack dose, 50 mg redose near the middle of the plateau phase. I don't need an initial whallop with my lack of tolerance, so I like the extended duration. Probably exacerbates the hangover though.

ebola

Ebola can you say more about the hangover? Which I'm sure is a safety thing? If you re-dose nearer to the original dose, are you safer? In other words, let's say you're going to take 200. If you take 100, and 100 some time later, is that harder on you than taking 200 initial dose?

To some extent, redosing is more dangerous. Insofar as the drug remains active after vesicular stores of 5ht have been depleted, there is greater chance for oxidative stress. However, 200 mg in a single go would be uncomfortable for most people.

ebola

A little over a week ago I dropped 250mg at 8pm and another 200 at 12:30am, I was high as a kite until I dabbed myself out at 6 am.

This week I'm thinking of eating 125mgs of mda then re-dosing via plugged like 30-40mgs 1 1/2-2 hours in. Will that be enough to boost it a bit or would it be a waste. I have found that same amount as a nasal re-dose worked well and since plugging is far superior I'd think It would work well. Don't have that much mda left so I want to try and conserve it while still getting the most out of it. Will also be doing allot of K and little bit of dmt that night so I shouldn't need too much.

What would be the best concentration for the solution?

I've done both redosing and larger single dose. Currently, I prefer re-dosing after one hour because I can maintain the bliss a little while longer. I have decided I am less interested in the super-intense experience than I am in prolonging a really great experience. That's why I prefer re-dosing after an hour (for me).

Agreed. After many mistakes of an overly intense initial dose experience, which takes me to the point of no return and therefore ruining my rolling experience for that entire night, I've learned that redoing works perfectly with my body. Last weekend I was in my peak for like 5 hours, as I am relatively new, less than 2 years, to MDMA. I was able to handle a lot more mgs then usual in a properly timed redose and finally avoided any stomach irritation or crippling flooring I usually get from an initial high dose.

I guess it's all just a matter of trial and error and finding out what works for your body.

Agreed. After many mistakes of an overly intense initial dose experience, which takes me to the point of no return and therefore ruining my rolling experience for that entire night, I've learned that redoing works perfectly with my body. Last weekend I was in my peak for like 5 hours, as I am relatively new, less than 2 years, to MDMA. I was able to handle a lot more mgs then usual in a properly timed redose and finally avoided any stomach irritation or crippling flooring I usually get from an initial high dose.

I guess it's all just a matter of trial and error and finding out what works for your body.
Take into account that most people (not all) find out after a while that redosing a lot causes them to lose the magic :) dosing higher initially doesn't seem to make you lose the magic that fast