• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Redosing meth/dex not working?

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
Redosing meth or amphetamine whether it be 12 hours or 24 or 48 hours later a dose of either won't work. I'm not doing large doses or binges that may cause dopamine depletion. I'm using moderate doses of 10 - 30mg. I need about 4 - 5 days off before the next dose works like normal. I can chew through points of quality meth and it's does next to nothing if I've taken any amount of dexedrine/meth/coke the day before or earlier in the day.

Does anyone have this issue when redosing? Are there any particular meds or conditions that could cause this problem? Can the dopamine altering effects of antipyschotics be permanent or does the brain eventually return back to its original way. If so how long? I've taken abilify once many months ago and noticed redosing uppers stopped doing anything about the same time. I've still got side effects from it like increased saliva so it's not farfetched to blame abilify's dopamine altering effect on blocking stimulant effects.

Dexamphetamine and methamphetamine have a cross tolerance - if you're taking dexamphetamine the day before you take methamphetamine it's going to impact the effect from either/or substance.

You may find it best to not take any dexamphetamine the day prior to using methamphetamine. It will lessen the overall effect.

Redosing meth or amphetamine whether it be 12 hours or 24 or 48 hours later a dose of either won't work. I'm not doing large doses or binges that may cause dopamine depletion. I'm using moderate doses of 10 - 30mg. I need about 4 - 5 days off before the next dose works like normal. I can chew through points of quality meth and it's does next to nothing if I've taken any amount of dexedrine/meth/coke the day before or earlier in the day.

Does anyone have this issue when redosing? Are there any particular meds or conditions that could cause this problem? Can the dopamine altering effects of antipyschotics be permanent or does the brain eventually return back to its original way. If so how long? I've taken abilify once many months ago and noticed redosing uppers stopped doing anything about the same time. I've still got side effects from it like increased saliva so it's not farfetched to blame abilify's dopamine altering effect on blocking stimulant effects.
Take 4 250mg Niacin in evening with a huge cup of water four hours later take another 2-4 with water. Wait till evening to touch it again… see if that helps

Magnesium and NMDA antagonists can help to reduce the effects of tolerance from stimulants.

Abilify could also cause a reduction in the effects from stimulants, but I would expect that would go away after a long enough period of time, as it did for me.

Yeah, NMDAr antagonists are the way to go to prevent stim tolerance. Without I'd be completely tolerant to my 18mg Concerta after 1-3 weeks, meaning that I'd need it just for some baseline while concomitant use of a dissociative (DXM, deschloroketamine, memantine all work, K will be too short lasting probably) preserved the effects for months. Don't do DXM + stim if you're having a weak heart, I developed some angina pectoris like symptoms which eventually made me stop, doctor (didn't tell him about the dxm for obvious reasons) assumed stomach acid and gave me antacids and proton pump inhibitors which I'm not sure about because they did help to some degree so maybe it was indeed stomach acid or both but at least with coffee on top my heart rate was through the roof. Memantine is much easier on the body, and less trippy as well. It gives one insomnia at first from high dosages though, some get initial brain fog but both resolve with continued use.

But to your question, what you're experiencing is probably tachiphylaxis, acute tolerance from psychotropic substances which renders redoses ineffective.

Last edited: