• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Redosing Hydrocodone

Bloodborne1

Bluelighter
I know they always say “you can always take more but you can’t take less.”

Be that as it may, I just feel that unless I take my dose of hydrocodone all at once then it’s not very beneficial. I’ve always been told with Tramadol you want to stagger the doses, taking smaller increments every half hour. However, taking an additional norco every 30 minutes just seems null. So is hydrocodone a drug specifically more beneficial to take your entire dose at once rather than a partial and redosing every 30 minutes? My daily intake has significantly lowered to around 20mg a day (previously being anywhere from 70-100mg a day a year ago).

Should I just take the 20mg all at once or just do what I have been and take 10mg then add 5mg every 30 minutes.

I suppose it may come down to what you are trying to get out of it. For its euphoric effect you might be better off consuming it all at once (which is my preference), but for pain relief staggered dosing might be best as it provides you with a consistent and steady blood level.

For euphoric purposes I’d definitely take it all at once. Maybe for pain purposes too, depending upon the dose and one’s degree of opiate naïveté.
Of late I’ve built up quite a tolerance and have not been not getting as much out of my 20mg Oxys as I used to. I’m scripted 3 pills/day so I’m taking 1.5 pills, or 30mg, as it works better than to re-dose 60 - 90 minutes later. I’d rather have 2 good doses of painkillers than 3 so-so ones.

Ah hydrocodone.. The once go to CIII painkiller now restricted like the rest. I recall this with hydrocodone back when I was prescribed Norcos.

If you want the stronger come up, take it all at once for sure. If duration is what you're after, stagger your doses.