• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Redemption

Gonna call you out on this one fella...

You say your "druggie days are far, far gone". However, it is obvious that you still partake of the alcoholic beverages. Is alcohol not a drug? Why is it morally superior to get shitfaced on booze rather than many other more benign substances? Is it because it is legal? Socially acceptable? Mentioned in the Bible? Passed round in church pretending to be the blood of Christ? C'mon pal, from one piss artist to another, show me the fuckin difference...

^ Yeah, you're totally right. Whether you're trashed on drugs or drink makes no difference. They're all drugs. I agree with you.

Basically, when saying that, i felt this forum (and perhaps bluelight as a whole) focussed more on illegal drugs than alcohol. So being out the scene for a long time, don't feel I have much to give anymore in that respect. I have no idea what's hot or not on da streetz anymore. I know the good brands of cheap vodka but, don't think that's of such interest here. So when i said my "druggie days are gone" i was referring to the illegal ones which seem to be more relevent to this forum.

Could have explained that i do drink coffee twice a day and probably vodka 2/3 times a week on various amounts and a paracetamol here and there... but seemed a little too much wordage for the small point :)

Raas, I'll call you on that. I've never been religious.

I think you misunderstood. Im just saying that putting your faith in humanity, is a pretty hard way to do it if you want to find completeness. (especially if you have crap friends like mine)

Sadie said:
I'd like to put my faith in humanity but the more I see of it the less good I see in people. So many people are just down right nasty. Why? Does it make them happy to bring misery to others. To be so negative? You'd think so.

Because humans are complex. It's not so straight forward just to get along. There's far more psychological processes going along. I've found close social relationships recently fall apart. Friends become bitter, angry, competitive when i just want to get along. But i have to wonder where the problem lies? Is it me or them? Do i have a negative effect on people? It's hard to judge yourself, because we are often oblivious to our faults.

Last edited:
^ Yeah, you're totally right. Whether you're trashed on drugs or drink makes no difference. They're all drugs. I agree with you.

Basically, when saying that, i felt this forum (and perhaps bluelight as a whole) focussed more on illegal drugs than alcohol. So being out the scene for a long time, don't feel I have much to give anymore in that respect. I have no idea what's hot or not on da streetz anymore. I know the good brands of cheap vodka but, don't think that's of such interest here. So when i said my "druggie days are gone" i was referring to the illegal ones which seem to be more relevent to this forum.

Could have explained that i do drink coffee twice a day and probably vodka 2/3 times a week on various amounts... but seemed a little too much wordage for the small point :)

I think you misunderstood. Im just saying that putting your faith in humanity, is a pretty hard way to do it if you want to find completeness. (especially if you have crap friends like mine)

Because humans are complex. It's not so straight forward just to get along. There's far more psychological processes going along. I've found close social relationships recently fall apart. Friends become bitter, angry, competitive when i just want to get along. But i have to wonder where the problem lies? Is it me or them? Do i have a negative effect on people? It's hard to judge yourself, because we are often oblivious to our faults.

Yes, I think BL should have a dedicated alcohol forum tbh. It would appear that many of us like a drink more than we would like to admit. I personally am trying to reduce my vodka intake - with some success, but that's probably only because I can't currently afford to drink it.

As for having faith in humanity, I have none. I've always been a misanthrope and can find very little to dissuade me from that viewpoint. Aside from my immediate family and friends (including you guys of course), the rest of the world can go fuck themselves..!

I think that's why I like BL so much - I can interact with like minded people around the world without having to endure the disappointment of meeting them in person...

Meh!

I gonna become a Muslim and move to Syria to join ISIS.

Don't agree with their dogma but I do very much like the black uniforms... think they could have put a bit more effort into their flag though...look a like it was drawn by a 5 year old...Maybe I'll take that up with them on arrival...

Everyone craves some kind of justification of self. To perceive oneself as righteous, gives alot of energy and positivity in what we do. Redemption is certainly a way forward in achieving that.Problem is, we're not very good at judging ourselves. The most atrocious human beings, believe in their hearts that they are right in what they do. Adolf Hitler is a great example. He never identified a fault within himself, he truly believed that fault lied with the Jewish people and eventually that lead to the holocaust. People who are wrong in themselves, never accept it. No-one wants to think of themselves negatively. It's much nicer to think someone else is at fault. This is the motive behind bullies, racists, homophobes, victimisers / whatever. They demonise and abuse other (usually innocent and vulnerable) groups, because it makes them feel right in themselves. They can't handle the blame to be within themselves. The outcome of this denial, can be responsible for horrific abuse and as history has shown, even exemplifiable genocidal attacks.However I do believe genuine redemption is possible and important. Being able to identify your faults and doing whatever necessary to redeem yourself, creates changes within yourself and inspires a purer heart. To be truly pure at heart though, I do believe some kind of faith is necessary. It doesn't matter how moral or kind you are, if you have no hope and believe there's nothing, you'll have a very hard time mustering the energy to be complete and fulfil your potential as a spiritual being.
Wow this is so true

... If i thought the forum were full of druggie losers, i wouldn't waste my time typing!

... posts are intended to be positive and relative in some way. If it came across as negative and unhelpful, then that goes against my intention.

...?

You're a staunch atheist who had a 20 year crack addiction! You must know what i mean here. So ones belief system is not just a fun guessing game of who's right or wrong. It can even be about life and death.

... And life and death are but a hair's breadth apart. Probably because there is no discernible difference between 'em aside from breathing more often than not. I don't believe in gods - never have - have openly mocked the very concept since early childhood. I am alive. I still do not believe in gods.

Some folks I have known did believe in 'em. Some did not. An approximately even balance of them are currently dead and alive. Some of both groups may well have given a shit which camp they fell into. Still no perceivable difference.

I have close friends and family members who are in the "dead and no fucks given" category. Are they now in Hell? Forevermore? I also have close friends and family members who are in the "dead and fucks given cos they believe in such things" category. Are they too in Hell? or maybe in Heaven looking down at their friends now lost to eternal damnation? If that latter group does exist are they now happy? How so given the former group?

Of course you don't want me probing into your bad habits and making judgements lol, i didn't mean it like that.

You clearly do or what exactly is the point of any of this?

... if you think you have the contentedness, happiness and security of a strong spiritual person then you are seriously kidding yourself.

... Thanks? I guess? Shall I tell her that or will you do that for me?

... posts are intended to be positive and relative in some way. If it came across as negative and unhelpful, then that goes against my intention.

Maybe keep working on that then, eh?

... you['re] gonna face a long hard path to the end. And good luck after that...

So, just to be crystal clear on this...

See above...

As far as I can tell your god is a prick. It is entirely possible it is simply your misinterpretation (most likely so) but I, and others tbh, have to wonder why this god of yours apparently insists on only allowing judgemental arseholes to make it's decisons for it...?

As far as I can tell your god is a prick. It is entirely possible it is simply your misinterpretation (most likely so) but I, and others tbh, have to wonder why this god of yours apparently insists on only allowing judgemental arseholes to make it's decisons for it...?

The only thing I have to add to this, is that EVERYONE'S god is a prick...

Off-topic mild-moderate racism and homophobia removed.

Redeem yourselves, folks. Clue is in the title of the thread ;)

Nope. No need cos mine is impeccable innit ;)

You know when you've somehow managed to get from "Redemtion: Discuss" to "I used to watch ragheads fuck each other in the butt when they had no goats to hand" the topic has gotten hazy at best. Unless you wish to argue that is still on topic with or without the racist and homophobic undertones, overtones and just plain tones both implicit and explicit in the removed posts...?

Or just go back to the actual topic and quit the whinging ya fukkin snowflake ;)

Nope. No need cos mine is impeccable innit ;)

You know when you've somehow managed to get from "Redemtion: Discuss" to "I used to watch ragheads fuck each other in the butt when they had no goats to hand" the topic has gotten hazy at best. Unless you wish to argue that is still on topic with or without the racist and homophobic undertones, overtones and just plain tones both implicit and explicit in the removed posts...?

Or just go back to the actual topic and quit the whinging ya fukkin snowflake ;)

You do get the fact that with that post you've just undermined your reason for deleting the aforementioned ones?

Cos irony innit?

Also calling me a winging snowflake..

Cos irony x 2 innit? :)

Redemption....

Hmmm.

I dunno if it's possible, maybe it is, depending on who ya reckon you're redeeming yourself for.

It's a big mistake to try to redeem yourself for the wrong reasons to the wrong person , as for God...well he forgives anyway so better to do your best on life and if you fuck up and affect people that on hindsight you could have helped more then do what you can to make up for it or apologise, if they are worth the effort they accept it.

Dont bother with those who dont do the same, waste of time.

If there is no redemption then who gives a shit, lifes hard enough as it is without unrealistic expectations enforced by morons.

You do get the fact that with that post you've just undermined your reason for deleting the aforementioned ones?

Cos irony innit?

Also calling me a winging snowflake..

Cos irony x 2 innit? :)

The half-dozen or so posts I made disappear are not gonna re-appear just cos I paraphrased rather than directly quoted. You know fine well I could direct quote and make the self-same point several times over. Consider this a polite warning. If you really wish to take this up further PM me and/or senior staff.

Now back on topic...

If there is no redemption then who gives a shit, lifes hard enough as it is without unrealistic expectations enforced by morons.

And if there is it implies a deity to do the redempting. Which one? Why? Too much unnecessary bullshit tbh. Live by the general "Don't be a dick" creed and you'll either be fine or caught out by some obscure rule you probably never heard of in the first place so... eh.

OTW is a mate of mine, he saved my life once.

He is a great guy and calls bullshit when he smells it.

If there were more prepared to cost themselves to put the people first we would either be happier or all banned, or both lol.

How the fuck did OTW get dredged up? And where is the fucker anyway? I quite liked him - in spite of his envious lifestyle and his totally fuckable missus.

Cunt!

On topic..

"Human beings screaming vocal javelins,
Sign of a local nigga unravelling.

My wandering got my ass wondering,
Where Christ is in all this crisis?
"

- Public Enemy

How the fuck did OTW get dredged up? And where is the fucker anyway? I quite liked him - in spite of his envious lifestyle and his totally fuckable missus.

Cunt!

Had some great arguments with OTW over the years...
He could be a complete cunt but I got the impression he just did that to wind people up (bit like me :)) and wasn't necessarily a bad person.

There seem to be so many variants of "redemption" from the religious, quasi-religious to the secular, and these divide into many other froms and so on and so forth...

I have trouble with the idea, my main problem is "redemption in face of the unpardonable" as my brain is wired in a fucked way (OCD). But let's discuss this a little further, because I want to add a few things to my initial statement that you haven't (except for Shambles and other mods) seen.

Redemption in face of God (in a semitic sense at least), I guess is something not worth talking about because the idea of "forgiveness" lies in the hand of "God" but maybe one could elaborate on "paths to attaining redemption" whether one basis this on scripture, or on opinion (popular or not). There are set rules that come with God, we seem to be born into a lot of this, and some of it comes down to the discretion of the observer (which again is shaped by the conception of God, forming a socially constructed loop) which can perpetuate a certain sense of "redemption" that belongs to a certain religion, sect etc. which again kinda points us back to us choosing a path LOL almost like free-will. You can choose a religion-in a sense- and choose a path to redemption.

I'm more concerned with the secular aspect of this, even though it isn't very different than the religious one, mainly because I think there's more "choice" involved and it's more personal... actually it's deeply personal. Is it about coming to terms with what one has done in life? If so, is it about accepting this and moving on to better one's self? Or is about forgiving one's self? And if the main concern is to "learn from one's mistakes", and to not repeat these mistakes (at least to the severity of the previous ones) how much of this should involve "being OK with the things I have done."? Does the sense of "redemption" have to come with a price? And what am I actually trying to do here, am I trying to impose my own sense of morality on making something "OK" for myself? or coming to terms "on my own terms"? So I can feel ok? Is it a deeply ego-centric pursuit, no matter what, to make one feel "ok" or can it be a noble pursuit?

It all seems to point back at the person seeking redemption, it's at their discretion and not at the same time. If they allow it to happen, it happens, and if they don't, it doesn't. Why/ why not, is deeply personal. I think psychedelics are pretty cool in this aspect, they can shift our understanding of a situation not only "how we think about it" but how we feel about it, too (they aren't mutually exclusive).

The need for redemption arises from the guilt one feels for one's mistakes in the past.

Logically, there is no point in feeling guilt as there is nothing you can do to change the past - but you can learn from your mistakes and use this knowledge to hopefully become a better person in the future.

If you have no guilt, there is no need for redemption...

(Unless you're a fuckin serial killer peadophile rapist, then you can fester in your guilt for eternity - and there is no redemption for you!!)

(Unless you're a fuckin serial killer peadophile rapist, then you can fester in your guilt for eternity - and there is no redemption for you!!)

Shhhhh!!! You can't say that mate.. You're discriminating against peadophile, rapist murders!!! The have rights too you know and such talk is not allowed.. The snowflake brigade will be having a hissy fit and punching their screens at such blatant anti-inclusive talk...trampling all over their human rights won't be tolerated here.

Learn which side your bread is buttered on Sonny Jim. :)