• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Red light or blue light..

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
I use a kingpen I know blue is normal red high but what's the difference in voltage settings? What's the point

Are you asking "What's the point" for using different light spectrums? ... "Blue light" is used during vegetation. When cannabis grows in nature, the high angle of the sun in spring and summer allows more “blue” wavelengths to penetrate through the atmosphere, a signal for cannabis plants to grow strong, large and healthy leaves. For "Red light" its when cannabis plants enter the flowering period... highest yields can be achieved by exposing them to a light spectrum that contains lots of “red” wavelengths to promote budding. Choosing a lighting solution with a high degree of “red” in its spectrum remains the best way for growers to imitate the shallow angle of the sun in late summer and autumn.

If thats not what you were asking, by bad lol

LOL, I think he is talking about a Vape pen, not a cultivation light.

O P, I don't know what the LEDs indicate as far as actual temps are concerned.

Different voltage = different temperature.

The terpenes found in the highest quality vape pens will still produce toxic chemicals, such as benzene, when vaped at higher temperatures. Also, most terpenes will vaporize at or lower than the temperature THC vaporizes, so it taste better and is healthier for you to use the lower voltage settings.

Yes, but what are the actual temperature targets? The devil is in the details as diifferent compounds vaporize at different temps ...

In other words do the LEDs relate to an actual temp and therefore an actual benefit or is it just HI and LOW and therefore a "feature" without a measurable benefit? The implementation could be either way ;)

That's debatable. The reason people get different effects from different temperatures is because they are getting different drugs and terpenes at different temperatures.

Vaping-Temperature-Chart-02.png

The temperatures required for terps to be toxic are generally much higher than those required to vaporize the drugs, however those temps are easily reached. The hotter it gets, the more toxic chemicals are released from terpenes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5623941/

If you try to regulate temperature of a device by voltage only you are guessing what the temperature is, you have to have a temperature probe to actually regulate it. Actual temp will vary according to voltage, actual resistance of the heating element, ambient temperature and the thermal load of the heated material.

It IS a very nice marketing point, though. ;)

Last edited:
If I had the money to waste, I'd probably buy one.

These pens are generally way more costly than their actual worth.

@Wolfgang ...

Da da da ;)

Please understand my reply:

Blue : small clouds
Red: Bigger clouds

No indication of being "more healthy"

One Love ;)

If you want to get technical, there are plenty of cases that hotter temps don't equal bigger clouds. I can make much bigger clouds off of a smaller amount when using a lower temperature for example.

These are general rules we are both speaking in.

Hotter temps = bigger clouds and more toxins

Lower temps = more taste and less toxins

I don't think we have a disagreement.

I smoke. 5 grams a day every day which is becoming a problem, that's 20 grand a year I could be spending on meth. I mean I can afford my habit just I question it. Meth reaps many rewards where weed just seems to be a luxury maybe even unhealthy. I man 20 k in meth or weed

I smoke. 5 grams a day every day which is becoming a problem, that's 20 grand a year I could be spending on meth. I mean I can afford my habit just I question it. Meth reaps many rewards where weed just seems to be a luxury maybe even unhealthy. I man 20 k in meth or weed
i smoke 2 grams a day sometimes mainly at night time with codeine which isn't bad because codeine is so cheap

Well I love my vape pen but I can't smoke more then a gram of It if I really tried. When I started smoking there were no vape pens. Just weed and hash lol I am hopeful they come up with a 2 gram version of the pen at a even greater price break I also wonder if you smoke a entire vape thing in one blow what kinda high would that bring? Then again what do I know lol.