Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

'Red alert' over bizarre killer drug - 25I-NBOMe

poledriver

Bluelighter
'Red alert' over bizarre killer drug

Warning over drug with strange side effects-
A SA man battered himself to death after consuming-
'60s style psychedelics make a comeback

A POWERFUL warning has been issued over a drug sold as LSD linked to the deaths of Aussie teenagers, as the 60s hallucinogen enjoys a resurgence.

A Red Alert has been issued by the Trans European Drug Information Project (TEDIP) over the substance, 25I-NBOMe, which is sold as LSD.

The drug has been implicated in a number of deaths in South Australia. One man died in March 2012 after beating himself to death against objects including trees and poles, while on 25I-NBOMe, and a related substance.

LSD and other hallucinogens have risen in popularity in recent years, particularly among 20 to 29 year olds, according to the latest National Drug Strategy Household Survey.

Drug educator Paul Dillon presents drug education programs in schools and says there’s been a substantial spike in interest in hallucinogens among teenagers.

"I certainly see a dramatic increase in hallucinogens in general," Mr Dillon said – even including more powerful hallucinogens, like "DMT".

The report said 25I-NBOMe is deadly in high doses and that the emergence of the substance on the street "requires serious reactions from health care institutions",

doctors, users and the media. Mr Dillon said it is rare for TEDI to release such a powerful warning.

"People need to be aware there’s a risk," he said. "When they put that it, it’s like: 'We really need to tell people'."

This drug, which is being sold under the name LSD, can be toxic in high doses, the TEDI report warned.

LSD does not regularly cause death by overdose, rather by misadventure, as hallucinations often cause people to take part in dangerous behaviour such as walking in front of cars or jumping from tall objects, said Mr Dillon.

Detective Superintendent Nick Bingham of the NSW Drug Squad said people contemplating taking the drug should be aware they don't know exactly what they are taking.

In December, Nick Mitchell, 15, from the NSW Central Coast, died after taking what was believed to be LSD. Nick's friend, also 15, ran naked onto a busy road and was knocked down by a car.

Mr Dillon said he had visited many schools since Nick’s death and has warned students: "We have no idea how he died yet... but we know there is LSD in Europe that has contained [the toxic substance]".

NSW Police is awaiting a toxicology report to confirm what substance Nick consumed.

A researcher at the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, Joe Van Buskirk, told news.com.au 25I-NBOMe and similar drugs have become popular online imports in the hallucinogen category of substances.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...arre-killer-drug/story-fneuzlbd-1226583371088

I thought that 25I-NBOMe was inactive if ingested orally and you had to hold the tab in your mouth for ages to take it sublingually.

If that's the case then wouldn't it be possible to sort the real acid from the fake just by swallowing the tab straight away?

No idea, I hope someone knows the answer to that, as it kind of scares me I might take that stuff when I was thinking I was having LSD. I think the tabs mostly look different too from what I have seen, not the usual printed designs we see on LSD with perforated edges, but that may not always be the case, just some pics I saw of some they looked alot bigger and a light pink colour with no design. Maybe they are on printed perf tabs too.

My marquis pill testing reagent says it has a reaction for LSD that goes olive/black and the mecke would go greenish black, is that only for liquid? Or could i test tabs with it? There is no test on the 4 reagents for 25I-NBOMe
tho.

I think I may have I had this a few times before. The tabs were big and both times I took them I placed them on my gums which made them numb and left a bitter taste. It was a very unusual and discomforting trip.

Umm... 25I-NBOMe is definitely active orally, intranasally, intravenously, etc. Not sure where sublingual only came from. And also, it's my guess that at least 70% of blotter bought and sold today isn't LSD, but rather any easily available/recently easily available (depending on local laws and such) RC PEA(s)/tryptamine(s) active at doses small enough to fit on blotter.

I think I may have I had this a few times before. The tabs were big and both times I took them I placed them on my gums which made them numb and left a bitter taste. It was a very unusual and discomforting trip.
yeah, i've heard if it's bitter, its a spitter.

I just took some this weekend and I really enjoyed it. The tab was small and had designs on it. Like others said its bitter and numbs the mouth. The only thing I didn't like about it was the body load and muscle twitches in my legs. But it feels more clean then 2C-I IMO

i don't think that is exactly true... atleast at the usual dosage

I took one tab of 25-I orally and it definitely worked. Tracers, OEV, CEV. The whole works. A lot more strong them i thought it would be.

No idea, I hope someone knows the answer to that, as it kind of scares me I might take that stuff when I was thinking I was having LSD. I think the tabs mostly look different too from what I have seen, not the usual printed designs we see on LSD with perforated edges, but that may not always be the case, just some pics I saw of some they looked alot bigger and a light pink colour with no design. Maybe they are on printed perf tabs too.

My marquis pill testing reagent says it has a reaction for LSD that goes olive/black and the mecke would go greenish black, is that only for liquid? Or could i test tabs with it? There is no test on the 4 reagents for 25I-NBOMe
tho.

I think unless you are dosing a form that isn't the HCL it won't be active orally, but buccal. Also, I have seen 25x on an array of different blotter.

I know this is borderline "what did I take" but would it be safe to assume that if a blotter has a distinct bitter taste, it's not real LSD?

I don't know why there'd be anything other than the active drug on there producing a taste, and acid doesn't have a taste, at least not in such minute quantities that you'd want to trip on comfortably

^with all of the paper tabs i've consumed (which isn't many) i've always had a bitter taste present in my mouth presumably from the blotter ink. i don't think taste alone is a fair way to ID a substance or rule out another.

and as a poster pointed out above there is a specific tester for lsd now.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/5...st-LSD-blotter

Seems like Marquis reagent is no good for blotter, but Ehrlich's should work.

just saw this tweet -

2r7m2hj.png

Last edited:
I've done 25C-NBOMe, and it caused a large amount of foam/frothiness to develop in my mouth, and there was definite bitterness. Not sure how 25I compares.

^ He may be referring to "Psychedelic Drugs" the subforum, rather than PoleDriver.