View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Recurring bad episode on dmt

2spun4one

Bluelighter
So at least twice now ive had what I can only describe as a bad episode on dmt. Everything seems to be scorched, everything is super simplified, i get this sort of vapor lock, feels like something is after me, water seems to break it up a little, its just real crazy and seems like burning or scorching...any thoughts?

Its true, and real as it gets at the time...i have to keep telling myself it will go away soon, but its really scary

Apologies I had but a minute to post yesterday. I too am interested in more details. But that write up makes me wonder if you change the environment and input that the trip can change. And I often wonder how deep the whole Air, Water, Fire, Earth factors in to what we take in. I get a little queasy with esoteric until I can see some form of logical mechanism. But I also realize logic is limited.

So does smoking DMT by a large body of water change the trip content? It is worth trying. DM Turner was a true explorer. I don't know many other people that would take a big rip of Salvorin A at the peak of a 500 mc acid trip. But his trip reports are very cool. But I also take some of his esoteric stuff a little more serious. He died too young. Sometimes explorers go just a little too far and don't come back.

Fire seemed to be a recurring theme in a lot of my trips. My OEVs would often contain flames, very colorful flames, engulfing objects I looked at.

I thought it was cool, though, and it never had a negative connotation for me.

I think it might happen when I take too big of a hit, or decide to take another hit, it happens once my heart starts racing, everything echoes, and everything seems to take on a simplified look, its like something is after me, and the tv becomes part of it, i run down the steps and actually feel flames at my heels, everything takes on a burnt or scorched out appearance, and i start feeling like im trapping myself into an electrical field, i put my hands under running water the last time and it helped, but seems to last until the fast hearbeat and the echoes disappear...

I think it might happen when I take too big of a hit, or decide to take another hit, it happens once my heart starts racing, everything echoes, and everything seems to take on a simplified look, its like something is after me, and the tv becomes part of it, i run down the steps and actually feel flames at my heels, everything takes on a burnt or scorched out appearance, and i start feeling like im trapping myself into an electrical field, i put my hands under running water the last time and it helped, but seems to last until the fast hearbeat and the echoes disappear...

The flames and electricity = Fire and Air. Water is good but Earth is better ☺️

The "feeling like something is after you" part is interesting.
I've had similar experiences. During one DMT experience I kept looking to the right of me because something was there. There was like a shadow to my right like someone or something was watching me. I wasn't alarmed though. If you are friendly, welcoming and open to these experiences they don't consume you as much. The intention has to be there from the onset that you won't fight the trip because that amplifies the reactions you have to them.