• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Dosing Rectally administering tincture

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
Anyone ever plugged tincture meant for oral use? Only ingredients are THC extract and MCT oil.

Thanks.

Yes. Didn’t work very well. Seemed to not absorb very efficiently.

-GC
Thanks. I’ve been wanting to think of carriers or that I could dilute with this stuff to make it absorb super fast. Orally mainly. You have any ideas that I should look into?

The matter does pop on the surface occasionally, similar canuck products were even in the news a couple years ago but it seems there's theory then there's practice and this article might help explain how/why:

Do Cannabis Suppositories Work? (2019-Jul-3)​

Something about extra processing required. All i know is we still don't see those at the SQdC and if there's people who would sell it that's them, a "filliale" of the alcohol indu$try trying not to offer anything attractive to kids (e.g. avoid "banalisation")... Observing the total lack of concern for bio-availability supposed to be molecule-specific we can witness THC and CBD getting treated mainly on a basis of money per weight (mercantile greed) so far. At that rate it will take a decade before we can verify 1st-hand (...) if this route is more economic! Don't hold your breath...

:sneaky:

Thanks. I’ve been wanting to think of carriers or that I could dilute with this stuff to make it absorb super fast. Orally mainly. You have any ideas that I should look into?
Water soluble THC (nano technology) would be the only other option outside of pure C8 MCT oil for an absorption rate increase. Don't waste your time with lecithin. Alcohol is also overrated.

Dissolve the oil in whole milk with 5% alcohol added.

I haven't tested it myself, but I will soon, and @fastandbulbous has reported success.. and cautioned not to go above 10% alcohol for reasons of "ring sting", heh.

Very interesting. Most people here know I'll try pretty much anything but the rectal route. I've tried Rick Simpson Oil (RSO) by this route and it does "work".

I'll admit it was underwhelming. The opposite is generally true in that a rectal administration typically hits noticeably faster and harder.

I'm intrigued by this idea. I can see how the Ethanol could compensate for potential shortcomings of the tincture by this ROA. It's unfortunate that there is notpre information on this route.

I have no doubt that it could be a total game changer for hospice patients who can no longer tolerate other ROA. Obviously we do not have a parenteral form of Cammavis at this time.

Very interesting. Most people here know I'll try pretty much anything but the rectal route. I've tried Rick Simpson Oil (RSO) by this route and it does "work".

I'll admit it was underwhelming. The opposite is generally true in that a rectal administration typically hits noticeably faster and harder.

I'm intrigued by this idea. I can see how the Ethanol could compensate for potential shortcomings of the tincture by this ROA. It's unfortunate that there is notpre information on this route.

I have no doubt that it could be a total game changer for hospice patients who can no longer tolerate other ROA. Obviously we do not have a parenteral form of Cammavis at this time.

Maybe it's an East Coast thing cuz I'm never putting drugs up my butt unless I end up like Jamie Lannister:

There are water soluble THC products available on the market, I wonder if those might be pluggable?

There are water soluble THC products available on the market, I wonder if those might be pluggable?

You know, I don't really have an answer to that but your post had me googling a bunch of stuff about rectal administration of drugs (specifically THC.)

Much to my surprise, I stumbled upon this study from fucking 1996.

I haven't read through it in it's entirety so I'm not sure exactly how out-of-date it is, but it was kind of a blast from the past for me to realize that pharm companies were making Marinol before I even started smoking weed.

Never tried plugging method,but plugging alcohol(in that case almost pure ethanol i guess) would burn ur sphincter and rectum.Take it as it use to be-orally or even sublingual.Why to plug tincture?I don't understand this.

Never tried plugging method,but plugging alcohol(in that case almost pure ethanol i guess) would burn ur sphincter and rectum.Take it as it use to be-orally or even sublingual.Why to plug tincture?I don't understand this.

People plug most drugs because they hit faster and harder rectally. Some reason people inject drug rather than take them orally.

Thc is such a lipophilic drug compared to other drugs though that I guess it doesn’t work as well…hence the above discussion of carriers

As @LucidSDreamr gave a good description. People choose ROA's differently most often in an attempt to mess with a drug's bioavailability. On this spectrum, oral usage is at one end and intravenous injection on the other. We're not gonna talk about Transdermal or Intrathecal administration as they're not relevant to what we're discussing.

Rectal administration is a middle ground between these two points on the spectrum. This ROA allows users a faster onset and an often higher bioavailability. Possibly the most important factor to be aware of though would be safety. Rectal administration is essentially just as safe as oral administration. I'm a major proponent of its usage and spreading the word, as I feel it's great if we can intercept people on their way to injection and give them a compromise.

A lot of people are really apprehensive of the process. There's homophobia, hygiene questions and all kinds of stuff in between. The reality is that it's a very simple thing to do. I've never had a solution come back out or even really leak at all. I know a lot of people are afraid of this. It doesn't really seem to happen in practice unless you have some kind of previous issue regarding your rectum.

You gotta love talking about rectal administration. It's so glamorous.

THC is such a lipophilic drug compared to other drugs...

Are all noble molecules the same in such regard? What happens to the « entourage effect »?... Does it not sort of confirm the "medical" nature of this consumption method vs "recreative" imssion (...), something like stage-4 cancer vs cannabic initiation (e.g. i'm having a hard time imagining a handful friends gathered around a box of suppositories and canuck beers to "sample" the last SQdC fragrance watching hockey)... Not that i can't actually envision our SQdC (a "filliale" of our alcohol industry) offering exactly that after thinking of jerky beef (and cucumber drinks), burk! As if we need to clean our teeth like a dog after being tagged in a leaked database. Whatever, etc.

Remember UNGA$$ 2016. In The Name Of Children!

☮️

People plug most drugs because they hit faster and harder rectally. Some reason people inject drug rather than take them orally.

Thc is such a lipophilic drug compared to other drugs though that I guess it doesn’t work as well…hence the above discussion of carriers
i know this,but that is a tincture,not a aqueus solution...so must be take orally or sublingual imo

i know this,but that is a tincture,not a aqueus solution...so must be take orally or sublingual imo

drug suppositories aren’t aqueous solutions and the formulation is usually mostly an oil or wax like substance. Cocoa butter is a common excipient for rectal formulations is I recall…pretty oily stuff.

I’ve had rectal Valium syringes and they came in a gel that was not miscible with water

i know that man what u think 50 years old 30 years in shit.the thread was about pluggin tincture.am i right?

drug suppositories aren’t aqueous solutions and the formulation is usually mostly an oil or wax like substance. Cocoa butter is a common excipient for rectal formulations is I recall…pretty oily stuff.

I’ve had rectal Valium syringes and they came in a gel that was not miscible with water
Plugging MDMA and cocaine is generally done with aqueous solutions, it seems pretty effective from my experience

Status
Not open for further replies.