• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Rectal vs Oral stimulant hangover

spikeycloud

Bluelighter
Maybe this is a strange question, but I ask it anyway. As we all know rectal administration has a higher bio availability than oral. But does that also mean that because you use less substance that the hangover will be less? So let?s say you need 100 mgs oral and 60 mgs rectal to have the same effects. Will you then get a 60 mgs hangover or still a 100 mgs one if you take it rectal. Logically I would say the hangover rectal would be less because you have less substance in your body..

What do you guys think?

While I haven't tried personally, I can almost positively say that the hangover will be proportional to the high felt.

IV use requires even less but it doesn't mean the hangover is any less. The hangover is related to what goes on with your neurotransmitters not the quantity floating in your body.

-GC

While I haven't tried personally, I can almost positively say that the hangover will be proportional to the high felt.

IV use requires even less but it doesn't mean the hangover is any less. The hangover is related to what goes on with your neurotransmitters not the quantity floating in your body.

-GC

Thanks, the bold statement is something I do not experience. I had some pretty mediocre highs but still very severe hangovers from it. Do you you mean that statement asside from tollerance?

However "high" you get is where the hangover comes from. It all has to do with what enters your brain and how much you use those chemicals.

Eating and staying hydrated will offset your hangover to a point.

@spikey- My statement is generalization, there's many other factors that can influence hangover. For instance someone could be really rested, well fed and happy compared to someone feeling the opposite, both take the same dose the same ROA, and the person feeling like crap will feel infinitely shittie than the person feel good physically and mentally.

Also ROA's can have varied hangovers based on how the substances are metabolized or any reactions that happen before they enter your body. This is why crack feels so different and has a worst hangover than IV cocaine. When smoked some of the Freebase cocaine goes through pyrolysis and creates a substance which increases the nasty effects both physically and mental. I found if you Freebase cocaine in a meth pipe with zero flame contact the high is a lot cleaner with much less nasty side effects.

So many factors, so many variables..

-GC