• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Rectal Diazepam

PieceByPiece

Bluelighter
I have access to Rectal Diazepam Tube 5mg.

For someone who's NEVER take any benzo's when sort of effects can you expect?

Is 5mg too high of a dose for someone who's never taken benzo's before? (I heard some people only take 2mg).

Do you have to use it rectally? Can you use it orally or won't it work?

Not worth it. Just take it orally, it will work just as much IMO .

Not worth it. Just take it orally, it will work just as much IMO .

Definitaly not worth it. Take orally as Erikmen said or try taking sublingually. That is my favorite way of taking benzos. Try squirting it under your tongue.

The above users are right just take it orally and yes you will feel drowsy.

Diazepam rectal gel should not be taken orally. I'm sure there are people who might eat it, but I would advise against this. If you have never used benzos before I would start at less than 5 mg, maybe half of that rectally. It hits you fast too so keep this in mind and dose accordingly.

Can you orally take rectal diazepam?

Can you ORALLY take RECTAL diazepam?

It's totally liquid, looks exactly like water (clear). Is there anything added to it that would be dangerous to orally ingest?

Also, it's slight out of date, would that be a problem?

Should be absoluteley fine, there won't be any ingredients in it that are unsafe, just fillers and solvents. Though may taste odd and have a strange consistency :p

I saw a guy empty a 10mg diazepam rectal tube into someones pint, as he wanted to get off with some girl the spike victim was talking too. Knockedthe guy out a treat, but with a beautiful backfire - the girl went as soon as the victim passed out, and when he finally woke up he was on top of the world - totally benzed with, or course, no hangover.

nb/this anecdote is 13 years old. I did not and will not condone giving someone a drug or alcoholic drink against their will and/ or knowledge. Spiking is physical assault, and should constitute deliberate poisoning in anyones book.

So it's safe to take it orally then? They don't put anything in it that you can't ingest?

Wow, a lot of misinformed individulas out there. First off contrary to popular belief, and instead of just reading random blankets of information on the internet, I would advise individuals to speak with a compounding pharmacist about rectal/vaginal valium suppositories as they are not manufactured in the US.

Valium Rectal gel IS manufactured and intended for use with seizure disorders.

For those saying "just take it orally, it will work better." This can be true for generalized muscle spasms and anxiety, HOWEVER, Rectal Valium suppositories actually can provide localized muscle spasm relief, specifically in patients with rectal and pelvic floor spasms.

When taken rectally (and I suffer from a disorder that cause pelvic floor spasms, Xanaflex, baclofen,norflex, flexeril, soma, robaxin and oral Valium DO NOT relief my muscle spasms). Plus those medications give me anticholinergic responses including drowsiness, dry mouth, and other such side effects. When taken rectally I've never noticed those side effects! I've only had relief of the spasms that start in my pelvic floor and accross my entire network of pelvic muscles.

My physical therapist and my colo rectal physician stated just like when muscle spasms spread accross your back, nearly all of your pelvic muscles are interlinked (being a nurse and conferring with health care professionals) we've determined it's most likely my obterator internus muscle being the primary site

The only medication I've found that offers ANY spasm relief (and if you specifically google low dose Valium suppositories for spasms) there are a lot of people like myself that have the need for this route of administration.

Also my compounding pharmacy admitted when asked they have "quite a large number" of patients prescribed this medication rectally either for seizures or muscle spasm. When I questioned the pharmacist he also admitted the CNS depression normally associated with rectal administration (which is strange because the rectum is highly vascularized) is lessened if not experienced at all and provides symptom relief.

Otherwise I cannot speak to if rectal Valium can be ingested or should be, as I don't know what forms the suppository or what's added to the gel. The pharmacist did tell me that the suppository form was my best bet, however he also mentioned that if money was a dire need as they are about 1.65 a piece and insurance doesn't pay that oral Valium could be used rectally instead however, it may dissolve quicker and not provide me with the same duration of relief, and that dosing increases were not wise in that instance. I'm allowed to take 5 mg q6/8 hours prn for spasms.

Incorrect, defendant on what it's prescribed for it may not offer muscle spasm relief as rectal Valium CAN provide localized spasm relief, its weird I know. I recommend speaking to a compounding pharmacist, they can explain in detail or read my post below :)