• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Rectal Admin. of Dilaudid w/ SEVERE Constipation

I know its very late and might have already been mentioned, but why not allow yourself to go into WDs? Surely within 24 hours you'll be shitting with no issues. As the blockage won't clear with anything else you've tried, why not?

I know its very late and might have already been mentioned, but why not allow yourself to go into WDs? Surely within 24 hours you'll be shitting with no issues. As the blockage won't clear with anything else you've tried, why not?

Because I don't use my meds( Fentanyl, Dilaudid, Klonopin, Temazepam, Gabapentin, Marinol) recreationally. I actually NEED them.....ALL the time. I don't know if you read my earlier posts but I have a severe disability that causes around the clock intense pain. My L4 and L5 discs turned to goop(doctors words) after a spinal infection about 7 years ago. SO basically, me NOT taking my meds, even for only 24 hours, is simply not an option. Trust me, Ive tried.

So I am going to start writing a post explaining all that I did and how it worked so hopefully people can learn from my experience. But basically....I'm F*****G "cured". At least for now.....thanks to all of you! You have NO IDEA how much of a relief this is.

I will post back when I have finished writing about it.

....but long story short....I clogged the toilet....success!!!!! :)

Could you post it in this thread http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...PIATE-RELATED-CONSTIPATION-Mega-Thread/page14 ? :)

Wait your 120 pounds male and 6 ft? Thats extremely underweight. Do opioids effect testosterone? Do your doctors ever bring up your weight? It sounds like a vicious cycle of being in pain so moving less muscles getting weaker feeling more pain as a result and moving even less. Is there like liquid drinks you can stomach. Im jjst a little taller and if i was 120 i think mg body would start shutting down.

Wait your 120 pounds male and 6 ft? Thats extremely underweight. Do opioids effect testosterone? Do your doctors ever bring up your weight? It sounds like a vicious cycle of being in pain so moving less muscles getting weaker feeling more pain as a result and moving even less. Is there like liquid drinks you can stomach. Im jjst a little taller and if i was 120 i think mg body would start shutting down.

Yes it is VERY underweight. I'm well aware.
I'm not sure exactly if/how opioids effect testosterone but I do know I was prescribed testosterone gel to put on my lower spine(where my pain originates) a few years back....I can't remember exactly why I was prescribed this, but I do remember it didn't help AT ALL with anything. Although a girl I was "seeing" at the time who was huge into fitness got extremely excited upon hearing about my unfinished tube of testosterone gel. So I gave it to her.

And yes, it is a HORRIBLE cycle as you described(especially since EXTREME nausea is the number one side effect of the pain). This is why my main goal, for quite a long time now, has been to gain weight.

As far as liquid drinks...I actually spent, if I remember correctly, 2 whole years consuming NOTHING other than Ensure drinks because I was literally unable to chew on any food without gagging/vomiting as a result of my nausea. This was before I was finally prescribed Marinol, which allowed me to start eating small amounts of solid food again. But....even when I was drinking the Ensures...I still couldn't consume enough to gain weight.

It's a really fucking sad story. I don't wish it on anyone. And in many ways, my body IS slowly shutting down. I think that's why my pain doc finally decided to(very unofficially and without using any actual direct words) allow me to smoke marijuana even though it is still VERY illegal in my state. I told him one appointment that I had smoked marijuana(on top of the measly 5mg Marinol pills) so that he wouldn't get pissed when he saw it in my drug test(they do GC/MS at my pain doc so I know they can tell the difference between pure THC pills and actual marijuana with all the cannabinoids)....and after I told my doc he just looked at me plainly and said..."As of now I am no longer drug testing you for any other cannabinoids other than THC"(or something basically the same)....MEANING...he was now specifically NOT looking to see if I had smoked weed illegally.

...and IMO, that makes him the BEST kind of doctor there is. A doctor willing to potentially risk his license for the health of his patient despite state and federal regulations. I got VERY VERY lucky with him.

I'm a little late to the party I suppose. I was mostly going to second what DixiChick said about the magnesium

I have been on long term methadone maintenance and while not at the doses you are, it's very similar in causing major constipation. When I'm not on methadone I have "normal" BMs. On the clinic I'm lucky to pass 2 little pebbles a day

A friend recommended Philips milk of magnesia. This was after all the painful laxatives, daily stool softener, etc (NOT fiber for above reasons--you don't want to be more bulked up and backed up)

It worked fantastic. Pain free and cleaned out my insides.

Just wanted to add my experience with the magnesium

OP , glad you're doing better!!

Bro I too have had bouts of extreme constipation, worse than you are right now. When I first got on Suboxone I went 14 days without shitting. I had tried everything, fleet enemas, glycerin suppositories, taking 3 fleet enemas at once... Nothing worked. I swallowed my pride and went to the hospital. First a guy nurse came in and started putting gloves on and said he was going to manually extract. I told him he would be wasting his time because I knew nothing was far enough down to even get to and he believed me. Thank God because I didn't want a guy fingering my ass and I'm sure he didn't want to either. Then the tried the classic soap enema with a huge bag of fluid. I got what looked like a liter of that water in before I couldn't hold it anymore and shit it all out. To my dismay, even that didn't work. It was basically just a brown tinted liquid that came out. So they sent me home with that gallon junk of disgusting liquid that you have to drink a glass of every 10 minutes....The same stuff they give to people who need to be cleaned out for a colonoscopy. I drank that whole thing over about 2 hours and STILL didn't feel the urge to go...Just a lot of discomfort in my guts and the feeling that drinking one more drop of anything would literally make me explode. Finally after about 3 hours I went to the bathroom and pushed like hell to get one small turd out. 10 minutes later the floodgates opened and I literally filled the toilet like you did with shit the consistency of a milkshake. It was the most relieved I have ever felt in my life. Maybe you should try that gallon of nasty stuff, it might be your only hope. I too have experience with rectal administration of meds while being constipated. As long as the shit isn't down far enough to the point where the syringe won't actually go into it if you push it all the way in it will still work. If it's far enough down that the liquid will soak into the shit then it won't work. Use as small amount of water you need to disolve the pill. Then just insert it in maybe an inch and inject. Lay flat while you do it and it shouldn't travel up too far. I sometimes do this with my subs and it works fine even if I haven't shit for a few days. Good luck.

That stuff is likely polyethylene glycol. Have you tried like benadyrl low dose for nausea when eating or ondansetron which works at 5 ht3.

Why not just rail your Dilaudid?

Ehh...I guess the MAIN reason I don't snort my pills is because it takes at least 24mgs of Dilaudid for me to even begin feeling any pain relieving effects(on top of my fentanyl that is). That's A LOT of powder. The damage to my nose/septum would be inevitable and devastating since I'm looking for a replacement(at least most of the time) for oral Dilaudid.

Also...I have found rectal Dilaudid to not only have a higher BA than nasal...but it also lasts WAAAY longer.

Ehh...I guess the MAIN reason I don't snort my pills is because it takes at least 24mgs of Dilaudid for me to even begin feeling any pain relieving effects(on top of my fentanyl that is). That's A LOT of powder. The damage to my nose/septum would be inevitable and devastating since I'm looking for a replacement(at least most of the time) for oral Dilaudid.

Also...I have found rectal Dilaudid to not only have a higher BA than nasal...but it also lasts WAAAY longer.

That makes sense,

I know you tried testosterone gel but couldn't the doctors consider anabolic steroid injections at this point? Even with zero exercise you'd think a male at 6 ft would have enough hormones to be way more than that. I thought I saw it on BBC or something for people with muscle wasting disorders.

I'm not sure exactly if/how opioids effect testosterone

Opioids can decrease testosterone
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0376871615000733
Highlights

•Testosterone is suppressed by nearly 50% in opioid-using men.
•This suppression is not specific to methadone but to all opioids in general, whether it be for illicit or therapeutic use.
•Testosterone was not found to be suppressed in studies examining opioid-using women.
•Quality of literature in this field of study is poor.

Ah! That's right...it was for my SEX DRIVE! I can't believe I forgot that(although it was a while ago). My doctors were concerned that the fact I was still sexually active, mixed with my massive opioid prescriptions, would cause me to not be as sexually "there" as one may need to be when in a sexual relationship with a woman...potentially causing depression...which is easy to slip into when someone is disabled.
I think they prescribed the testosterone after I mentioned that I noticed I wasn't as sexually "driven" as I used to be, before my Fentanyl and Hydromorphone prescriptions. But I'm not sure why I was supposed to rub it into the exact part of my spine where I had my spinal infection/damage.

I think that's why my pain doc finally decided to(very unofficially and without using any actual direct words) allow me to smoke marijuana even though it is still VERY illegal in my state. I told him one appointment that I had smoked marijuana(on top of the measly 5mg Marinol pills) so that he wouldn't get pissed when he saw it in my drug test(they do GC/MS at my pain doc so I know they can tell the difference between pure THC pills and actual marijuana with all the cannabinoids)....and after I told my doc he just looked at me plainly and said..."As of now I am no longer drug testing you for any other cannabinoids other than THC"(or something basically the same)....MEANING...he was now specifically NOT looking to see if I had smoked weed illegally.

...and IMO, that makes him the BEST kind of doctor there is. A doctor willing to potentially risk his license for the health of his patient despite state and federal regulations. I got VERY VERY lucky with him.

That awesome. Your doc is compassionate, wise, and brave.

Your story, and the pointless ignorance causing you to be where your are right now, makes such a strong impact.

I cannot offer much advise or relief, simply say I'm your corner, with my sympathy and moral support, and I've never before been so happy for a stranger announcing he was able to have a shit.

Hope you have many more :)

I use an enema everyday. If you use a enema with high volume IE more then like 4 ounces I use 0.9℅ sodium chloride. Which is a fancy way of saying one 16 ounce water bottle one tsp or 1/3 a table spoon. Of table salt. Your blood requires sodium to function properly whenyou put water into your rectum it's able to take up sodium and cause hyponatremia. By keeping the sodium in the solution equal to that of your blood it keeps it even. Technically I use 0.9 ℅ nacl sugar alcohol 1.5 ℅ - 6 ℅ milk protein 4% glycerol 1℅ hydrogenated vegetable oil 1℅ mineral oil 1% chloresterol saturated fat 1.5℅ vegetable oil 5 to 12.5 ℅ but really all u need is salt

d1nach...I need your help if you can. I'm in a BIND, literally. I tried to PM you, but your box is full. Can you clear some space, please?
Thx :eek:

I know you tried testosterone gel but couldn't the doctors consider anabolic steroid injections at this point? Even with zero exercise you'd think a male at 6 ft would have enough hormones to be way more than that. I thought I saw it on BBC or something for people with muscle wasting disorders.

I haven't heard about that. Maybe I'll bring it up at my next appointment.

:X Hello my fellow "can't poop peeps". Sorry, JB...I'm desperate and beyond! I tried to message d1nach for exact recipe of enema. I'm open to suggestions of others, though I've tried most everything over past 3.5 days.

As previously stated, constipation is my nemesis. Sorry if repeating, but mine is caused by disease, surgery to remove disease and all that implies. I'm certain there are adhesions, and scans show left splenic flexure "syndrome". My transcending colon "crimps" into my descending colon (like a garden hose). Stool has a nearly impossible feat to pass through the crimp/twist.

I use a stockpile of methods/modalities attempting to keep my bowels loose and moving. I take everything from Ducosate to Miralax to Linzess 290. Desperate times I reach for MC and/or enemas.

I'm in a hell of a shape right now, after trying EVERYTHING in my arsenal for 3 days. I've taken multiple 32-48 oz. warm water enemas. I added mineral oil or glycerin or castile soap. I even tried the Epson salt (both oral and enema).

I joke that I'm POOP PATROL...but I need to defer to the wiser. d1nach...You said you take daily enemas, right? Can you pm or email me your "recipe"? I would so appreciate it.

I've no doubt I'm dehydrated after fighting the flu from before Christmas through New Years and beyond. I'm one of few people who fantasize that they have a standing order for repeated bags of IV "super juice" to rehydrate my body. I'm drinking MUCH, but confident I hear "sucking" noises of absorption in my gut!

Gross, but murky water rush appears to only be washing past the hard stool. I'm desperate and don't want to have to go to the ER where they'll do nothing more than what I'm already doing. Been there, done...well, you know.

HELP...somebody, anybody...this is serious (can't) shit! Gr-r-r-r-r