• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

RECRYSTALLIZATION PROBLEM

Bodies

Greenlighter
Hello all hope everyone is doing well....I have a problem with recrystallizing some meth well actually this is what's happening with me....I'll take the crumb bag from 7g I get about every other day or 3 and I been trying to rerock it(recrystallize) and I've been doing that or trying to do that for a while now.and all that's coming back is powdered meth(FIRE) so can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.....I'm doing a duel solvent method ....what I've used is Denatured Alcohol brought it to a boil had my stuff crushed up nicely and I added the hot Den to my gear til it was like a mush,almost resolved then I would hit it with a drop or 2 of dehydrated cold acetone and let it set for 24 hrs undisturbed...I've also used HEET (methonol) brought it to a boil...same results....I've used acetone ...as the hot solvent....am I missing a step here,what am I doing wrong?? any input would be appreciated,thanks.....

Hello all hope everyone is doing well....I have a problem with recrystallizing some meth well actually this is what's happening with me....I'll take the crumb bag from 7g I get about every other day or 3 and I been trying to rerock it(recrystallize) and I've been doing that or trying to do that for a while now.and all that's coming back is powdered meth(FIRE) so can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.....I'm doing a duel solvent method ....what I've used is Denatured Alcohol brought it to a boil had my stuff crushed up nicely and I added the hot Den to my gear til it was like a mush,almost desolved then I would hit it with a drop or 2 of dehydrated cold acetone and let it set for 24 hrs undisturbed...I've also used HEET (methonol) brought it to a boil...same results....I've used acetone ...as the hot solvent....am I missing a step here,what am I doing wrong?? any input would be appreciated,thanks.....

Yea this is not something that we like to be involved in. I'm not condescending and I certainly don't look down on your for doing this, but this kind of stuff is on the edge of what I would call synthesis. The manufacture of drugs in general is not something that we like to be associated with. We don't really want "how to cook up the best crack" to be one of our primary threads and this Methamphetamine recrystallization stuff I feel is pretty much in that same ballpark. In my experience, it's not that difficult to get valid instructions on this sort of thing.

I need some support from the other mods on this one because I'm a little unsure.

My bad ...didn't mean any harm and I really didn't know so it's cool u can erase it or if u want me to I will...no big deal....I know now

My bad ...didn't mean any harm and I really didn't know so it's cool u can erase it or if u want me to I will...no big deal....I know now
The more I look around blue light the more threads/forums/discussions I see of similar topics like this one ......when 1 strikes 1 down for an error then goes bk and jumps on a bandwagon of how to's and what not's on a similar subject then that just makes u wonder one's objective here ....but who am I but just a newbie here...but a veteran at life nonetheless....so I guess what I'm really trying to say here is ...my question about recrystallization was on the borderline.....of......... what..... I n the borderline of being a wrong question..........but here is a thread over here where an underage girl wants to try meth for the 1st time and she's getting told deferent ways to do it to get high....I mean WTF ....!!!is that what BLUE LIGHT is about,I might have joined the wrong group of ppl...!!!!........€€€

That sucks. It also sucks that there is a minor who is potentially choosing to ise Methamphetamine. The hard pill to swallow though, is that "just say no" is not a philosophy we embrace or condone here.

It is Harm Reduction. If a minor asks me a question about say, safe injection practices, I will give them the full tour on everything. I will not let someone contract a lethal virus or otherwise hurt themselves simply because they are "too young".

I dont know where you are from Bodies but Heroin/Coke/Pills were sold in my High School as much as weed was. I injected Heroin for the first time at the very same age. Im sure that there are 13-14 year old Freshman at Lowell High walking around totally jammed. It aint pretty, bit it is what it is.

We cant claim to have principles rooted in Harm Reduction if we only apply it to individuals over 18.

It is fine, but try to understand what we are about. We just care about reducing harm, not winning popularity contests.

Im not trying to rip you apart man. The "jusy say no" stuff has to get squashed. People die from this. I argue that Nancy Reagan has caused the death of many of my friends with her bullshit. I know she was just a puppet, but how much AIDS do we need to experience before people learn. The answer, too fucking much!

I am not being condescending or derogatory here. Please consider: we are a Harm Reduction community. Does this issue of wanting to recrysyallize your coke put you in immediate or potential harm? Maybe it does in a way Im not considering.

While we dont do synthesis and stuff, I feel there are so many great and concise references for syntheses ranging from extractimg alkaloids from a plant all the way up to LSD-25 production. It is all out there.

If you are ever concerned for yours or another's safety, we will be there to help always. Feel free to PM me if you dont want to debate this in-thread. I promise I am not mad. I dont hate you. I respect your opinions. I want us to be on the same page and if you try to umderstand me, I promise to do the same for you.

I need some support from the other mods on this one because I'm a little unsure.

Hey mate I know its not my forum but just thought my 2c might help.

Its definitely on the line imo. Things like codeine extractions we allow (In AusDD) but yeah purification of a substance in my opinion is maybe slightly a bit to close to synthesis for comfort.

Cheers bud,

~Andy

I'm actually of the opinion that purification and synthesis are worlds apart in terms of harm reduction.

Removing possibly harmful cuts from a substance you're going to ingest can only be a good thing imo. Whereas telling people how to make shake and bake for example has the potential to do more harm than good.

The distinction is clear cut to me (pun very much intended =D ), but I'm a pretty liberal mod anyway so I'll go with the flow...

I'm actually of the opinion that purification and synthesis are worlds apart in terms of harm reduction.

Removing possibly harmful cuts from a substance you're going to ingest can only be a good thing imo. Whereas telling people how to make shake and bake for example has the potential to do more harm than good.

The distinction is clear cut to me (pun very much intended =D ), but I'm a pretty liberal mod anyway so I'll go with the flow...

You just had to pun that didn't you 🤣

Btw good points

You just had to pun that didn't you 🤣

Yep, couldn't resist... :giggle:

@Bodies No-ones having a go at you mate so there's no need to go on the defensive. The primary purpose of BL is to promote harm reduction in those that are insistent upon taking recreational drugs. For that reason there are certain rules we have to follow. However, these rules can often be interpreted in different ways, which is why there are several mods for every sub forum and there are many discussions behind the scenes regarding these interpretations.

There are many sub forums available, each with their own slightly different interpretation of the rules - e.g: Price discussion is very much frowned upon generally, but certain local forums tolerate price discussion for personal amounts. It can take some time to become familiar with these differences, but generally speaking, Basic Drug Discussion (BDD) and Other Drugs (OD) are the strictest in their interpretation of these rules as they are the most harm reduction oriented.

So my advice to you is to first read the Bluelight User Agreement, get familiar with the nuances of each sub forum, choose your wording carefully and post in the appropriate place.

Right, I've gone off topic here (which is also frowned upon), so I'll shut up now.

I’m not a mod obviously but please understand how extraction and purification TEKs are the epitome of harm reduction. Teaching people how to perform these, often fairly safe, techniques to consume cleaner purer drugs will save lives.

Something like a meth re-x is fairly safe for the average person to do compared to typical synthesis which requires at least some chemistry knowledge.

-GC

I don't know what I was thinking last night when I answered this.

I will sound two faced but please disregard what I said in my original comment.

I have been apart of many discussions over the years regarding acetone washing and such which is basically the same as OP has written.

I think my head got confused because of the way it was written as well as not actually being a question about purifying via a solvent but instead recrystallization of small pieces with the intent to reform for size (visual reason not purifying)

However I apologize, mind changed.

1.Stop using the duel solvent method.
2.It would go better if instead of a few drops of acetone u need to add acetone until u see it start to precipitate then cover it and put it in the fridge but I'm not guaranteeing big crystal size.
3.big clear shardlike crystals take time to grow u can't just make big crystals appear in an hour.it takes days.overnite at least.
Wash with acetone and be happy u have clean gear to smoke.

You definitely make some good points that were admittedly over my head. Im a mental invalid. The Senior Mods made me a Moderator as a joke actually.

In all seriousness I think we need to pow wow and/or vote on this one. I was looking at it without considering other angles. For that, I apologize to you Bodies.

We will sort this out as a democratic community. Or we could just have 2 purge days a year instead of 1?

You definitely make some good points that were admittedly over my head. Im a mental invalid. The Senior Mods made me a Moderator as a joke actually.

In all seriousness I think we need to pow wow and/or vote on this one. I was looking at it without considering other angles. For that, I apologize to you Bodies.

We will sort this out as a democratic community. Or we could just have 2 purge days a year instead of 1?

That's fine by me mate. Why not report the post then we can all discuss in TPH? I'd appreciate some clarity on this matter from 'the management' myself.

If ya’ll could make a post and/or PM me at least once a decision is made I’d greatly appreciate it :)

This is a grey area I’ve been curious about and would love clarification. I’ve got lots of great extraction and purification techniques I’ve discovered over the years. I’ve just been hesitant to post them.

-GC