Recruiting for focus groups to understand the psychedelic experience and inform future research

RMPDS_FocusGroups

Greenlighter
Hey all! My name is Caleb and I work for Rocky Mountain Poison & Drug Safety, a division of Denver Health. You can contact me at [[email protected]](mailto:[email protected]) or message me directly if you're interested in participating.

We are doing research to understand the psychedelic experience and inform future psychedelic research. This study is approved by the Colorado Multiple Institution Review Board (COMIRB), study ID: 23-1618.

Recruitment began 9/27/2023 and is continuing through 2024. In these one-time, 90-minute focus groups, we will ask questions about your experience(s) with psychedelic drugs. Initial, in-person focus groups will be in Denver, CO. We do have an option for remote participation. Participants will be compensated for their participation.

Focus group inclusion:

People who have used pharmaceutical psychedelics for diagnosed mental health reasons

People who have used non-pharmaceutical psychedelics for mental health reasons

People using any psychedelics for recreational or spiritual purposes

Medical psychedelic providers

Non-medical psychedelic providers

Individuals who have struggled with depression long term who have not taken psychedelics

Exclusion Criteria:

Individuals <18 or >89 of age

Individuals in an acute phase of illness