• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Recreational value of Nortriptyline

Dyswtric

Bluelighter
I know this was posted a while back but I cannot find it, and there is no search function.
I was wondering what, if any, the recreational value and dose of this would be. I was prescribed it for headaches after my concussion. Also would it be possible to claim its not working and possibly be put on something with more recreational use? Thanks.

What kind of headaches do you suffer from? You have been prescribed a tricyclic antidepressant. I even looked in the PDR, and I can not find any indications or mention of any pain killing properties. And no, the only people that can feel happy from anti-depressants are people that are depressed. Taking that will make you tired and feel like shit.
------------------
"I have discovered that common sense is quite uncommon"-My name here

it is becoming more common for doctors to prescribe antidepressants for chronic pain and headaches, its also done after the brain is injured.
but no i dont think ths can be used recreationally

Taking a high dose of a TCA (tricyclic antidepressant) would have dangerous, and possibly fatal consequences. Their effects are anticholinergic at overdose levels...

agreed...don't mess with the TCA's...they are highly cardiotoxic in overdose, not to mention a little rough on your liver.
however, TCA's are wonderfully effective and safe at the prescribed dosage
oh, yeah...Nortriptyline is often prescribed for migraine prophylaxis.

Yes, i basically have it prescribed for my severe headaches (or migraines) that I have been getting since my accident. It does seem to work well, but they are making me titrate the dose up, and I think it will work better. Thanks for the replys, I will not be using this for any recreation.