• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Recreational Meth.

sabiella

Greenlighter
First time my cousin tried speed he smoked it from a bubbler. Amazing high and binged every night for 6 days. first and last binge with no sleep and no food. month goes by and he's sober the whole way through. the next month comes along and midway and smokes again, just a few hits but it still did him justice. once, maybe twice a month this would happen. recently, last month to be exact, he got some of his own for the first time (half a gram) and smoked from an oil pipe.

now, he didn't get that high, so he smoked more than average but still couldn't get the same kind of high, but he knew he was high, he can always tell.. so clearly it's a matter of tolerance and smoking from just the pipe, compared to the bubbler where it gets vaporized thru liquid, which seemingly produces much better hits. so he knew enough was enough and saved the rest for another day. he smokes quite often now, 3-4 times a week in the morning for about 20 min, no more than 30. and never gets more than half a gram at a time, which could easily last him up to 2 weeks without feeling the need to save or 'take it easy'.it just happens, i guess he doesn't need much.

he also doesn't even understand how some people go through a gram in a sitting. Wild! he doesn't chase his first initial high or until he's fully wired like your 'typical average addict'. he doesn't use it to the full extent. he says it helps him be more social, more open minded, aware, mindful and 'smart' so to speak. he also does not mind the weight loss, he can easily eat small healthy portions throughout the day without forcing it down his throat, but the metabolism boost he loves. He doesn't care for the high, he just wants the extra knowledge he seeks out while on speed.

even sober, it's not nearly as dramatic or enhanced while high but he's noticed being clean and sober after experiencing with it he cares more for stimulating conversations with stimulating persons. which is healthy for anyone in general. He still has every friend he started with beforehand, he's still mom's baby boy, and even had promotions recently at his job. his maturity hasn't gone unnoticed by friends and coworkers. he's doing rather well. much better than a year ago today. Now my question is, with such little dosage and no real urge to feel like jesus resurrected, is this kind of use considered responsible?

Now i'm new to this site. But i've been an active guest on here for many months since i've been aware of his use. just to see from his perspective, to maybe give him guidance, so he knows everything i know about this stuff, which is a good chunk, more than most who actually use the stuff. so i've seen every response there is to posts like this. Please, take your time with this post. Consider, evaluate, ask questions, critique it, pick it apart, think good and hard about your answer and respond with true knowledge. If you don't have an answer, i'll happily read your comments or concerns. give me whatever. There are some weak minded, damaged people who fall hard from this stuff. but some people are just wired a little neater, with a stronger mindset. no?

Last edited by a moderator:
No. Most meth addicts once were convinced that they alone could handle meth, that they wouldn't get like those other meth addicts, etc.

3-4 times a week is also too often to prevent tolerance from going up, it may not have yet, but slowly and steadily it will. Using that many days a week with opiates consistently is risking physical withdrawals. It I the same for meth, except you'll feel only feel tired and unmotivated initially.

I think you wish it could stay casual, I know I did (and still do!) wish some low key recreational tweaking was realistic. It just isn't, though. But good luck either way, I wouldn't listen to me either. Lol

I don't know how some people go so hard on meth, honestly...sleep deprivation becomes a living hell IMO

In my experience, which isn't much, your tolerance is about to hit the roof. I couldn't take more than 4 or 5 hits at first. Within less than a month I was smoking 1/4Gs to the head and then going to bed a few hours later. Also, it sounds like there is potentially some attempts to justify your habit. I'm again just speaking from my experience. My bf is the motherfuckin' king of justifying drug use, his logic is truly infallible. I've picked some of it up along the way. I just came from a different thread in which many people were making the solid af point that meth makes you think you have everything under control, until you don't. Just some things for you to consider. I'm not here to judge, my "habit" is far worse than yours so take from my comment what you find useful and forget the rest. Ultimately the decision to continue using/increase the amount/quit is entirely in your control. Don't let it steal you away from reality, this drug is a serious mindfuck.