• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Recreating MXE experience with combination of other dissociatives (and more?)

wormdevil

Bluelighter
Hello my fellow psychonauts,

I have been missing, missing and missing MXE. Missing it so very much. Such a special and truly unique substance.

I come back to forums, check the darkwebs again and again in hopes that it will resurface. And end up more and more heartbroken with every search.

Which led me to my newest search (which is not that new) of perhaps recreating that experience, imperfectly, but to some extent. Has anyone been through the same path and found some promising results?

Experiments with MXP, thus far, resulted in the closest experience, though leagues away. Months before the MXE ban, unbeknownst to me, I had the feeling that I should stash this magical chem and ordered a bunch, which turned out to be MXP instead of MXE and led me to trials of turning that shit (yup, not the biggest MXP fan) into at least bronze (gold is out of its reach). Found that doses above 100mg (130mg being the sweet spot) results in a okay experience, at least shrugging the complete dysphoria of sub 100mg doses. Mixed with tryptamines (or good ol acid), yields a decent experience. Overall though it is less interesting, less introspective, more confusing and more physically debilitating and longer lasting.

Trials with 3-MeO-PCP also were not that fruitful as it resulted in minimally interesting long lasting "lite-dissociation" that is somewhat depersonalizing but not insightful.

Perhaps combination of different dissociatives and other RCs may result in a similar experience -- similar to how the Borax combo has created an arguably better MDMA experience. Would love to hear about your experiences and hypotheses.

Ever yearning,
wormdevil

Last edited:
I haven't found anything like MXE, unfortunately. Have you tried O-PCE? It's supposed to be rather similar in a way. 3-MeO-PCE has that underlying MXE contentment and perfection feeling, but isn't as magical. But you might explore those two and maybe a combo of them. MXE is 3-MeO-2-oxo-PCE... O-PCE is 2-oxo-PCE and obviously 3-MeO-PCE is 3-MeO-PCE... MXE is kind of a combination of the two chemically. I'd say in general, PCE analogues are your best bet since MXE is also a PCE analogue.

Well, 3-MeO-PCE and 2'-Oxo-PCE are the closest you're going to get to MXE, structurally speaking. Methoxphenidine, despite the misleading name, really has nothing to do with methoxetamine. In my experience, trying to recreate the effect of one drug with a combination of other drugs is usually unsuccessful. At this point, I've accepted the fact that every drug is a unique experience, and that I should explore new chemicals with the intention of discovering their own special merits, rather than trying to recreate those of another chemical.

Edit: Yep, Xorkoth beat me to it.

Hey wormdevil, unfortunately I do not really have the sort of dissociative experience that would allow me to answer the kind of question you're asking, what kind of combination might help you recreate the methoxetamine experience, but I did feel compelled to ask just one thing after reading through your post, which has been asked already: have you tried 2'-Oxo-PCE?

Personally, I have not tried methoxphenidine or 3-MeO-PCP, but what I have read and heard about them has not made me expect them to be over similarly to methoxetamine, which I have used. 2'-Oxo-PCE is a different story.... The two are extremely similar for me, and even in some ways comparable by dosage despite their differences in potency. 25 mg of either methoxetamine or 2'-Oxo-PCE will provide a similar psychedelic headspace and manic stimulation for me as the other, but the 25 mg of 2'-Oxo-PCE will simultaneously give me even more of the dissociative-specific, alcohol-like open eye visual distortions than even 50 mg of methoxetamine will, plus with a little bit of an added colorful psychedelic feeling mixed in, and same goes for the corresponding anesthetic effects like motor incoordination and such, and with eyes closed consistently I will find a transparent but concrete and fluid array of quasi-psychedelic but oddly more demented and sparkly images both realistic and abstract, whereas methoxetamine honestly almost never gave me any closed eye visuals to speak of outside of a meditative context. There are pretty much only two things methoxetamine did better for me honestly: it caused the psychedelic headspace more selectively, which was nice when seeking it for recreation but also made the trip much more hollow feeling than 2'-Oxo-PCE ever was for me, and it caused a quite strong, almost opiate-like warming glow, which was pleasant but also entirely hollow, I find nothing actually rewarding about it at all other than the superficial quality of the high existing at all. In addition, these effects that methoxetamine did better for me ended after only a couple hours most of the time, whereas 2'-Oxo-PCE last hours and hours and hours, to the point that I would wake up the next day still pleasantly buzzed.

This may not be the most popular opinion ever, but, quite frankly, if I was told I could only ever have either methoxetamine or 2'-Oxo-PCE ever again but not the other, I'd take 2'-Oxo-PCE in a heartbeat. 2'-Oxo-PCE is honestly the only non-psychedelic drug I've ever described as deluxe, it's one of those crown jewels I'm going to spend the rest of my life remembering fondly and always wishing I had a little more of. I honestly can't say I feel the same way about methoxetamine, even though it was nice.... It pretty much feels like the same sort of thing as 2'-Oxo-PCE to me but more mild, short-lived, and recreational, all of which still make it a great drug for me, but secondary to 2'-Oxo-PCE for what I actually want out of these substances. So, whether or not you'd agree in any way probably depends on whether or not you're in the same sort of mindset, but just some food for thought....

Hope you manage to find what you're looking for one way or another, regardless. :)

o -pce with a hole dose of ketamine. I haven't tripped without a dissociative since like... 2012. MXE pretty much made all my trips. O pce to start, Then more o pce and a perhaps a pinch less than a normal hole dose of ketamine is the closest I would come to MXE. Fuckin way more $$$ tho. ugh.

This is having tried ephenedine, mxp, o pce, 3 meo pcp, 3 meo pce, and a few random chems sold as MXE but probably not late 2015.

o -pce with a hole dose of ketamine. I haven't tripped without a dissociative since like... 2012. MXE pretty much made all my trips. O pce to start, Then more o pce and a perhaps a pinch less than a normal hole dose of ketamine is the closest I would come to MXE. Fuckin way more $$$ tho. ugh.

This is having tried ephenedine, mxp, o pce, 3 meo pcp, 3 meo pce, and a few random chems sold as MXE but probably not late 2015.

China could easily charge a lot per gram for mxe on the dnm.

Last edited by a moderator:
China could easily charge xxx$$ per gram for mxe on the dnm.

MXE is banned in China and the EU *and* it‘s Schedule 2 under the UN Convention on Psychotropic Substances.

Compared to the huge domestic market for illegal ketamine in China and the relatively small but legal export market for RC dissos in the EU/US I just don‘t think it makes economic sense for them to illegally produce MXE for a far smaller niche market of nostalgic disso connoisseurs on the DNM‘s, even at inflated prices.

Especially since they might as well try and pass off something else as MXE.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great suggestions y'all! I think I have new targets on my radar to keep me occupied for a while. I'll report back with findings!

I haven’t tried O-PCE combined with 3 Meo PCE but DCK (O-PCM) combined with 3meopce was the closest I’ve gotten to the magical place that MXE brought me to.

For me, MXE is way better than ketamine.

Same here, I miss it so much. I wish someone would just take the risk and start making it again, I'd pay anything for it. First time I got properly messed up on the stuff I declared we were in the digital drug revolution and it was all I ever needed aside from cannabis. My friend still has some left that I gave him before the UK bans, won't share it either, I messed up by telling him how rare it'd become. :(

What are your reactions to an MXP and 3-MeO-PCP combo? I was thinking of 130mg MXP and 2mg (and perhaps 2 more in 2 hours) of 3-MeO-PCP to add in a bit of the hypomania. Perhaps throwing in 5-10mg of oxycodone to add in the soothing opioid receptor activity.

Just as a heads up before the very reasonable warnings against mixing 3-MeO-PCP: I have multiple experiences with either compound separately. Haven't tried mixing 3-MeO-PCP with anything (exercising due caution) but have extensive experience mixing MXP with tryptamines, DXM etc.

^^ is my temporary arrangement while I search for '2-oxo-pce :)

By the way, also prefer MXE over K, in almost any situation.

MXE doesn't affect opioid receptors, by the way. It was speculated but debunked.

For me, MXE is way better than ketamine.

Never had the opportunity to try Ket (although might be getting some soon - hopefully) and had gotten MXE as a substitute - always thinking I was missing something, glad to know I am likely not.

How would you say its better - duration, hangover, peak effects? (Thanks).

Mxe was very unique and enjoyable.
I love ketamine, 3meopcp etc but mxe, had sparkle like mdma is to any other stimulants.

The magic is whats missing from other dissociatives... that magic is the sparkle

Yeah, MXE's duration is longer but not too long which I prefer. It still goes to those deep dissociative spaces that ketamine can get to, when you dose higher, but when you dose low or moderately, rather than getting all wobbly and drunk-like, you get this feeling of perfection, graceful movements and sociability. Throughout any level of effect, it has a warm euphoric glow. It's substantially more euphoric and magical-feeling than ketamine. It produces this flow state I've never experienced from anything else. Also, at hole-level dosages, I don't get amnesia from MXE but I do from ketamine. I also find MXE to be psychedelic in its own right, not just dissociative. Plus, the dose is way lower so it will be less likely to cause bladder/kidney issues and other damage to the body, and when it was available, it was many, many times cheaper than ketamine.

IMO, ketamine is just the most popular disso because it was the first ACH that was popularized. It's certainly not the best one.

I also spent my good time testing all those new dissociatives in the search for something similar to MXE, but it is really unique and my experiments were almost always disappointing. The closest to MXE, in my oppinion, are O-PCE, DCK and 3-meo-pce, but each one misses something that puts them below the expectatives.

But, on the other hand, there is a substance that surprised me, because its subjetive effects were even better than MXE: ephenidine. It is in some ways the best dissociative I have tried, but the problem with it is that is has a couple of handicaps that make it far from perfect:

-The onset is too long: between 2 and three hours for me.
-The dose by weight is too high: 200 mg for a good trip (without tolerance)
-And the worst for me: I don't like the next days' handover at all. I feel mentally tired and emotinally cold for 3 or 4 days. I would like to know about some suplement or trick to make it better... if it exists, I would use this substance more often for sure.