Recovery from various research chemicals, need help desperately

Mostly sounds like HPPD, DP/DR, depression and anxiety. She needs to abstain from all drugs, including alcohol and weed, exercise if possible, eat a good diet and rest as much as possible. Hopefully she will see good improvement with time, but may take months to years unfortuantly.

And my hppd/dp/dr is in overdrive right now and ive been getting the intense head pressure but it comes and goes. It makes my head feel like its going to explode. This is a common symtom from what ive seen.

Yes there is unknowns with "research chemicals" but many of them function quite similarly to the classics and problems associated with them may be the same. We can't just assume that they will have all these insane damages completely unseen by humanity. Just as thr unknown factor presents unknowns as to possible new side effects, some can have less toxicity issues compared to their counter parts and some can provide the same syndromes.

Anyways, time. Time and being healthy, working with a therapist and having good and empathetic and positive support systems are essential to help guide your friend to recovery. In my life I have exactly the opposite of this and it's making it so difficult to cope. They even took to posting messages on here instead of talking directly to me. Only one of which I directly confirmed but going through psychosis and having that, it makes me suspect of everything I read on here and makes my problems worse. Being open and honest and supportive if they are having delusions and paranoia, show them what is real and what isn't and help them ground themselves in reality. If people don't have that, it's easy for them to work their psychosis into something substantially more confusing and detached from reality.

That's horrible! I am so sorry you have that in your life. Are they posting on here just to mess with you or is it the only way they feel like they can communicate with you? That's enough to send you over the edge! Stay strong- we support you Ligature!

Just to put your mind at ease ligaturd, this post isn't about you.

Today she feels grounded in reality and looks like a positive outcome will happen eventually. I assume if it was schizophrenia the symptoms would continue to get worse as opposed to better.

Well the symptoms are coming and going but when my last reply was made it was the first window of clarity. I'm hoping this is positive and an indication for the future. Any advice on dealing with hppd and dp/Dr is welcome as this is an unknown area for me and I'd love give her all the help I can

The main thing with HPPD is trying to keep a positive spin on it going. You probably are past the point of being able to embrace it and go "ya, a mini trip" but you can at least look at it as something that will go away over time. Just make sure there is zero drug use beyond the prescribed. No alcohol, weed, and no "slip ups" because any hallucination-inducing drug (stimulants, heavy depressants, psychs or dissociatives) can set you back further.

It's great moments of clarity are coming, but still make sure to get in see a doctor and set up a therapist.

Best wishes and hope your friend continues thier recovery.

Anyone recovered from severe HPPD? I've been dealing with this for past 6 months with no sign of improvement, and it's pretty severe to make me extremely stressed out. If there is anyone who has went through HPPD or know of someone that can help me?

Anyone recovered from severe HPPD? I've been dealing with this for past 6 months with no sign of improvement, and it's pretty severe to make me extremely stressed out. If there is anyone who has went through HPPD or know of someone that can help me?

It keeps getting repeated in this thread but yes, you do recover. Depending on a crazy amount of factors, it can last years. I personally have had it for years but I have not stopped using so, I expect it to stay awhile.

The most important is to stay positive and know it will pass, but till then try to imagine it like a little trip.

You won't start having (significant) recovery until you stop all use, including marijuana. Benzodiazapines are said to help it.

Exercise, diet and sleep all can possibly play a role and doesn't hurt to cultivate good habits anyway.

Good luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery

It keeps getting repeated in this thread but yes, you do recover. Depending on a crazy amount of factors, it can last years. I personally have had it for years but I have not stopped using so, I expect it to stay awhile.

The most important is to stay positive and know it will pass, but till then try to imagine it like a little trip.

You won't start having (significant) recovery until you stop all use, including marijuana. Benzodiazapines are said to help it.

Exercise, diet and sleep all can possibly play a role and doesn't hurt to cultivate good habits anyway.

Good luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery

Thank you so much. Are you saying that the symptoms like palinopsia, afterimages, visual snow, breathing walls, and constant head pressure, will eventually go away?
My symptoms aren't getting better after 7 months of abstinence from MDMA and 4 months abstinence of marijuana so far.

Thank you so much. Are you saying that the symptoms like palinopsia, afterimages, visual snow, breathing walls, and constant head pressure, will eventually go away?
My symptoms aren't getting better after 7 months of abstinence from MDMA and 4 months abstinence of marijuana so far.

From the experience of people around me, yes. Remember not even just marijuana and hard drugs. I'd stay away from alcohol, caffeine, herbal supplements and even things high in PEA. (this one is just from a friends experience, not science, that's what got cut out and started improving from there)

If you have insurance, it doesn't hurt to talk to your doctor just read the "Things to know before talking to your doctor about drugs" thread.

If you need to talk, you can PM me as well but I don't know how much help I am. :/

Well I can tell you that she has experienced vast improvement after the 5 month mark. Seroquel seems to be her savior. I have watched her mood improve and she is no longer fantasizing death. The vasy majority of it was psychological which leads me to believe a lot of these symptoms are psychosomatic. Dont spend too much time researching this as the obsession is no good. Fish oil also helps.

Any other general information or support you guys can add is definitely welcome as it may help someone else through a tough time.

Dicks out for HPPD.

From the experience of people around me, yes. Remember not even just marijuana and hard drugs. I'd stay away from alcohol, caffeine, herbal supplements and even things high in PEA. (this one is just from a friends experience, not science, that's what got cut out and started improving from there)

If you have insurance, it doesn't hurt to talk to your doctor just read the "Things to know before talking to your doctor about drugs" thread.

If you need to talk, you can PM me as well but I don't know how much help I am. :/

Thank you, I really appreciate you for telling me these. For me it is like an light at the end of the tunnel for me and I can't ask doctors or get help from them for HPPD which absolutely destroys the the affected person's mind.
I'm completely done with drugs and staying sober is not an issue.

By any chance do you know how long they have waited before starting to see improvement or complete resolution of HPPD, and which drug they got the HPPD from?

It was a combo of a whole slew of chemicals but mainly the 2c-x family with daily use.

I believe it started with lowering of the visual changes around 6 months for most. The depression aspect is more of an acceptance that the visual changes go away and in turn make a difference in your day to day life.

Are you saying that everyday 2c-something was used and recovery happened? That's fantastic! Her use wasn't daily, more like every other day or so. That is very promising.

I'm glad you're okay dude, that sounds intense. These RC's are off the fucking chain with potential side effects.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned but did you ever notice shaking and muscle twitches after u47? That side effect doesn't seem to be going away

U47-700? I never got shakes but that just a pain med for me.

My friends and I are all ex-daily 2c-x users, a pretty fun time. Really more damage was done by illicit drugs and ethnobiotanicals than research chemicals for my friends. Personally, it was MDPV but that was so long ago that I don't even remember it so well.

Point is: Research chemicals that you research before use are about as dangerous as street drugs that your don't research, in my opinion.

Felt am update was in order. She says only a few hours a day are dysphoric now. Vision is still fucked but no longer feels like death. Looks like recovery is possible. Hopefully will be able to get off antipsychotics soon

Glad your friend is doing better!
Totally irrelevant but your username reminds me something out of 4chan lol.