• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Recovering flakka addict unable to complete a sentence

poledriver

Bluelighter
Recovering flakka addict unable to complete a sentence

A US woman recovering from synthetic hallucinogen drug “flakka” has been filmed unable to complete coherent sentences.

Shelbi, a 24-year-old from Los Angeles, last used the “zombie drug” nine months ago but the effects have been life-altering.

In a new episode for reality television series Intervention, Shelbi is filmed beginning a sentence, then completely losing her focus.

“The last time I used flakka was nine months ago, and still to this day… Huh?,” Shelbi said, trailing off.

She says the drug has made normal and articulate conversation difficult.

“I used to be very articulate, I used to be able to have a really good conversation with somebody and not feel slow.”

Her devastated parents, Mike and Patty, said their daughter’s confidence had waned as a result of the drugs.

“She’s an extrovert… when she can’t communicate well, it completely affects her self- esteem,” Patty said.

Flakka is scientifically known as Alpha PVP and combines the effects of ‘ice’-or methamphetamine- and LSD.

Little is known about the drug’s specific effects, according to Australian forensic toxicologist Andrew Leibie from Safe Work Laboratories.

“How bad is it? Well, to be honest, we don’t even really know enough about it to tell you how bad it is,” he said.

Cont with a video -

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/...t-unable-to-complete-a-sentence/?ocid=9newsfb

ive never heard someone say they actually enjoyed this drug. heard it described on here as a 24 hour long lasting panic attack so often. never hear one good thing said about it but something must be somewhat enjoyable for it to take off so well.

Video of a Queensland man suspected to be suffering from a flakka overdose showed him screaming and resisting the restraint of eight ambulance workers in October.

I think from memory that the toxicology tests came up as nbome and mdma for those OD's (and 1 guy died I think) on the GC in Oct.

Did she have a stroke while on the drug? Or binge on it a lot? I know people who used a lot of MDMA/MDA, and even coke and meth who are the same way as this woman. Their short term memories are basically shot and they can't hold a conversation or have coherent conversations.

Again, if we had actual, fact-based drug education in this country of ours, we could have a more legitimate leg to stand on when we say "These drugs are very dangerous and can cause you severe harm"

When you live in a state like Florida, let alone the country as a whole and you're told that all drugs, including drugs like Cannabis are very harmful, you probably just assume that all drugs are perfectly safe.

Are we talking actual organic brain damage in these kind of cases?

Again, if we had actual, fact-based drug education in this country of ours, we could have a more legitimate leg to stand on when we say "These drugs are very dangerous and can cause you severe harm"

When you live in a state like Florida, let alone the country as a whole and you're told that all drugs, including drugs like Cannabis are very harmful, you probably just assume that all drugs are perfectly safe.

This. It would sure as hell be far more helpful to educate ppl in a calm, straightforward, and most of all truthful way about drugs, rather than just fear mongering. I grew up during the Reagan administration, so all through school up to '89, all I heard was "Just say no." Which contains no factual input whatsoever. As far as they were concerned, weed was as bad as crack or heroin. That aside, although I've done MDMA several times (though not in the past 15 years or so), I wouldn't touch this flakka crap even at gunpoint.