Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Recovered but still learning

Conelty

Greenlighter
Hey everyone,
I'd like to let everyone know that the purpose of this thread is to support others who maybe are or have gone through this. I also would like to learn more about it.
I find myself very responsible and knowledgeable when it comes to recreational drug use. I always practice my spiritual ventures safely, except this one time...

I have used MDMA a few times before this event.

One night not very long ago my friend got a fairly large amount of MDMA which we tested. It started at their house one night and it ended up with me insufflating 200mg every 2-3 hours at my place of work two days later. For whatever reason it may be, MDMA grabbed me that time.
On the 4th day I had stopped using. I was very clouded mentally but not terribly depressed. We will call this "Day 1". Day 2 comes along and I feel strange, real strange. I've come down before and I know what it's like, this was different. I remember being in my home on night 2 and noticing small things in my house that started to seem unfamiliar or just strange. I felt my house was starting to feel foreign. On night 2 I fell asleep at a reasonable time with my girlfriend. I woke up maybe 6 or 7 times that night and 3 of the wake ups were screaming. I have had nightmares and weird dreams after MDMA, these were very real terrors, almost lucid.
Day 3 I wake up feeling like a different human being, I felt like everything I knew was someone else's, best word I can use is that everything felt foreign to me. I knew everything was mine and that it was my home, there were no delusions, but it all felt real strange. I went to work day 3 but on my way there it almost felt like I was rolling again. My mind had accepted this new perception of reality as some sort of trip or something cool and different. It wasn't bad on day 3 to be honest. It almost felt like when you are on a hallucinogen like LSD where you feel so tiny and the world feels huge. Day 4 was about the same, terrors the night before were just as bad. My girlfriend claimed I was not distant from her. I didn't feel like I was distant from people, just the world around me,. Still feeling like the places I normally travel are in a different realm. Mind you I am in fine mental condition during this. Not depressed, even a little happy in a twisted weird kind of way.
Day 5 the depression hit and it hit hard. I had the brain zaps so badly that I could barely stand up. I was crying and just going to really dark places. I calm myself down by telling myself this is only going to last a little longer. For about a week after that I felt depressed but came out of that really weird place as soon as the depression hit.
I started taking 5HTP on day 5 which may have helped.
I really wish I could fully explain how I felt during the time of my distant reality but I just can't. It's something I will remember for the rest of my life. I have no idea what clicked in my head but it was powerful. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks might have happened or others who share a similar experience.
Before responding, I understand what I did is irresponsible and never reccomend anyone to do any illicit drug.
Thanks

When my mind used to be able to handle a lot of stimulation I definitely had some multi day adventures but at some point it became quite hard on my mind.. I hope you're still feeling okay and are getting lots of sleep. I really recommend cardio if you're not feeling 100%. Toodles