• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Recommended strains for users with anxiety disorders?

luceluna

Bluelighter
I've been using cannabis on and off for 20 years, including daily for a period of about 5 years, and all through that time I've had occasional "bad trip" experiences that have significantly exacerbated my Generalised Anxiety Disorder and OCD and even tipped me into brief psychosis.

For me, most strains seem to have the potential to trigger these "bad trips". But I've recently been using Jack Herer, which was recommended to me specifically because it seems to counteract anxiety disorders, and it doesn't trigger panic at all. It's great.

Does anyone else have recommendations for strains like this?

I don't, but I'd be interested to hear some suggestions. I'm almost the same as you (20yr smoker, maybe half of or more daily, but now hardly ever, because it spins me out being too strong)
Some mellow, low thc hash is always good for me re: no anxiety
If i ever get the chance to try Jack Herer again, I will (tried it years ago when I was mega tolerant).

I suffer from anxiety and the best strain I've ever smoked that really worked as an antidote to it was when I smoked Blueberry in a coffeeshop in Amsterdam. Keeping my eyes open but haven't had the luck to come across it again though.

Last edited:
sativas seem to trigger some anxiety i avoid them. i try to get 100% indicas not easy to do sometimes. even the hybrids can make me a little uneasy at first. if im buying from my dealer and not a rec shop i try to avoid the soft and fluffy buds they seem to trigger the anxiety more than the dense buds. concentrates are more likely to trigger anxiety for me than hash . but most anxiety triggered by weed or other thc products after an hour or so they fade away or smoke a good indica helps to relieve it. i really cant name any strains by name when im in the rec shop im looking at numbers more than the strain name that's more of a secondary concern for me, mainly because the strains don't come back around that often it is always something different. there are a couple growers in the rec shop that i look for over strain names.

I second Delta 8 THC, if you're in the US it is widely available online and through local headshops and even gas stations. Its perfect for people who are prone to cannabis anxiety.

I do fine with sweet haze, and I tend towards anxiety, slight self consciousness. I also find eating it gives me less anxiety. I liked the calm microdose mints I tried recently.