View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Recommended ml/mg DMT for vape juice mix

ninjapirateroberts

Bluelighter
I tried DMT for the first time a few days ago, and I loved it! I smoked the DMT freebase with an oil burner pipe, and it wasn't pleasant. I ended up wasting some DMT as a residue on the pipe, and I felt a burning sensation on my lips. I'm planning to make my own vape juice for DMT. I bought nicotine-free PG/VG 50/50 vape juice and empty 510 cartridges. I used this video as a guide for creating vape juice, and the guy mentioned 500mg DMT per 1ml vape juice (he says it's arbitrary).

I'm an n00b when it comes to DMT and creating my own vape juice (I haven't done it in the past, I order disposable 510 cartridges for THC/CBD vapes). I'm planning to use my 510 cartridge vape pen that I use for THC/CBD; I've ordered empty 510 cartridges for DMT.

My question is:
1. What would be the recommended mg/ml ratio of vape juice and freebase N,N-DMT for a moderate dose (I have only ever tried DMT once so I'd like to stick to the moderate level before jumping to higher doses). Is 500mg DMT per 1mg vape juice too strong?
2. I've read somewhere that DMT has a high boiling point, so would the regular vape pen that I use for THC/CBD work? Or do I need to buy a new (expensive) vape pen? (I'm not quite sure about the battery specifics of this vape pen).

This is the vape pen that I currently use: https://ocs.ca/products/510-thread-battery-spinach-1

IMG-0664.jpg

A pretty reliable concentration is 1g DMT freebase to 1g of PG/propylene glycol. I'm sure others will tell me how gross pg is, but it is generally the main component of vape juice, the other being VG/vegetable glycerin, which DMT freebase is not very soluble in.

The 1g DMT to 1g PG is considered pretty strong, but just dont take giant rips. If the cart is too weak, it can be difficult to achieve a deep experience. If you insist, you can make it weaker ex; .5 or .75g to 1g of pg.

Never had issue with DMT crystallizing at that concentration, and it's still strong enough if you want to have a breakthrough experience, it's possible. Having it stronger gives you options imo.

There may be better vape mixtures (I'm all ears) and I hear of people using citric acid to make DMT citrate which is even more soluble and you can make it even stronger. Also its supposedly smoother on the lungs. Supposedly

2nd, that burning sensation on lips/mucous membranes could be just too hot of temp, but IME that usually means the DMT wasnt cleaned efficiently of base (usually lye aka naoh). It can be tricky to completely remove., and not really practical DIY.

Generally the way its removed is before final crystallization the DMT is dissolved in a non polar solvent, and then mixed and washed with distilled water. The residual base goes into the distilled water. Some people outright skip that step or aren't aggressive with that process, so there is often a slight burning sensation.

I can assure you that pure DMT does not burn at all. Still tastes gross though.

Lastly, those 510 thread carts and batteries are usually fine. I definitely recommend using a quality cart. I'm not up to speed on what's best out there at the moment, but I know ccells are generally highly regarded.

1g/ml, simple as. Your battery will get hot enough, long enough at this concentration which will let you get deep when you are ready. You can use the smaller 0.3ml carts as well to try different concentrations or not commit to using so much product. Like didgital mentioned make sure you use quality carts, dmt is a lot more precious than some distillate.

Made my first DMT vape juice today! :)

500mg DMT per 1ml vape juice, mixed together with a sampling glass bottle (had to boil some water in a pan and place the sampling glass inside the hot water to make the DMT completely mix with the vape juice).

IMG-0743.jpg

A pretty reliable concentration is 1g DMT freebase to 1g of PG/propylene glycol. I'm sure others will tell me how gross pg is, but it is generally the main component of vape juice, the other being VG/vegetable glycerin, which DMT freebase is not very soluble in.

The 1g DMT to 1g PG is considered pretty strong, but just dont take giant rips. If the cart is too weak, it can be difficult to achieve a deep experience. If you insist, you can make it weaker ex; .5 or .75g to 1g of pg.

Never had issue with DMT crystallizing at that concentration, and it's still strong enough if you want to have a breakthrough experience, it's possible. Having it stronger gives you options imo.

There may be better vape mixtures (I'm all ears) and I hear of people using citric acid to make DMT citrate which is even more soluble and you can make it even stronger. Also its supposedly smoother on the lungs. Supposedly

2nd, that burning sensation on lips/mucous membranes could be just too hot of temp, but IME that usually means the DMT wasnt cleaned efficiently of base (usually lye aka naoh). It can be tricky to completely remove., and not really practical DIY.

Generally the way its removed is before final crystallization the DMT is dissolved in a non polar solvent, and then mixed and washed with distilled water. The residual base goes into the distilled water. Some people outright skip that step or aren't aggressive with that process, so there is often a slight burning sensation.

I can assure you that pure DMT does not burn at all. Still tastes gross though.

Lastly, those 510 thread carts and batteries are usually fine. I definitely recommend using a quality cart. I'm not up to speed on what's best out there at the moment, but I know ccells are generally highly regarded.
When my friend does it he simply heats the DMT over a pan and dumps the melted crystals into a vape cart, it works really well. I don't think PG is necessary. He might have used it at first but I don't know what it would've done, maybe make it last longer? They last pretty long as is.

I use 1,3ml of vapejuice, usually a mix of pg/vg.
Then i add 0,7-0,8g of dmt and mix with a syringe in a warm water bath.
That comes out to 2ml of dmt infused vapejuice.

Would pyrolysis not' occur?

Would pyrolysis not' occur?
I'm forgetting if I read about citrate salts on reddit or dmt nexus. But yes there were some safety concerns about heating the salts to very high temps.

I think the rationale for doing it was that almost all e-cig vape juice contains nicotine salts.

Again I never tried but I read it works.

simply heats the DMT over a pan and dumps the melted crystals into a vape cart
I'm sure that would work and give the strongest experience. My main concern would be the dmt is going to recrystallize and carts can burn out easier if there isnt great liquid contact with the heating element. It also likely oxidizes faster.

My one true complete breakthrough ego loss experience was a cup style vaporizer you just pack in the crystal.

No issues with re-crystalization. That would be nice given the bottom of one of them broke from me putting the wrong rubber plug on it (4 pronged from a dispensary cart) which caused the bottom to leak. It probably does burn out a bit faster but I trip off less than the first ones he made which I think hat PG

I'm intrigued by the idea of filling a vape with pure spice. Will any normal non-adjustable vape pen have appropriate temperature?

A plug I got some from had them in 0.5ml carts, although one of them it appears crystalized on the top. I guess I'd have it sit in the sun or something? I know I could probably use a lighter gently below it but I'm afraid of cracking it.

A plug I got some from had them in 0.5ml carts, although one of them it appears crystalized on the top. I guess I'd have it sit in the sun or something? I know I could probably use a lighter gently below it but I'm afraid of cracking it.
I use a glass sampling bottle for mixing freebase DMT powder with 50/50 VG/PG liquid.

After measuring, I put it together into the sampling bottle. Initially they wouldn't mix. I will boil water in a pan and gently heat the sample bottle indirectly through water (I don't leave it inside water, I shake it for a few secs, take out, do again, and repeat until it gets totally mixed up and don't see any "powder" substance inside the liquid).

Then I take the liquid from the sampling bottle and fill an empty cart... it stays longer (haven't had any issue with this).

A moderate dose, 500mg DMT per 1ml of vape juice, does sound quite strong. Many folks start with lower concentrations, like 50mg DMT per 1ml, to get a feel for it and avoid overwhelming experiences. You can always adjust it later if needed.

If the vape pen is designed for THC/CBD, it might not reach the high temperatures needed for DMT vaporization. DMT has a relatively high boiling point, so having a vape pen with adjustable temperature settings is crucial to ensure an efficient vaporization process. Investing in a dedicated vape pen designed for DMT might be worth considering if you plan to use it regularly.

Experimenting with substances like DMT should always be done with caution and in a safe environment. Starting at a moderate level is a wise choice, especially since you've only tried it once before.
I stumbled upon a post about rechargeable disposable vapes not charging, which had some useful insights. It's always good to learn from others' experiences, especially when dealing with vaping equipment.

Last edited:
I can vouch for 1:1, I'm about to try for 1.5:1. I'm wondering what sort of dosage I'm getting when I get blinkers at 4v on my standard pen style 510 pen (my standard recreational dose) and things look more vibrant, more geometrical if they're already very geometrical, and very confusing but beautiful if they're very chaotic and colourful (a gay community market for example) with some mild but beautiful closed eye visuals. I really want to try to dose H in my pen, but I have no idea what ratio to go for. seems almost laughable to even try when I only ever have at most a half g. to get a decent hit from a puff with a half ml or full ML cart, I would need obscene amounts I feel like.

I would say 500 mg per 1 mg is alright if you've just started, you can up the dosage gradually if you feel like it.
I started using Brixz Bar last month and I love that it's much richer in flavour. My fav is Royal Tobacco, very strong taste!

Last edited: