• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Recommended Dose of DXM for First Time?

This was the problem.

i recommend around... 1200mg... of this type of medication for a very very nice feeling trip.
P.S dont worry about overdosing either because you have to take 35 1200mg tabs to overdose on mucinex.

Followed by...

Lmao oviously you guys havnt tripped nearly as hard as i have.. But no need for bragging about it... so dont tell me to get my drugs straight because ive been doing and learning bout drugs before you were even thought of.. So and You will never know the trip i am talking about until you try it..

But yet after admitting you were wrong...

So my point was 9 or 10 off the 1200mg mucinex will not kill you... i am not a kid. i am acctually a very experienced adult, and i work for a pharmacy.

/facepalm

Sorry to be blunt or offensive, but this is the kind of shit that gets people killed. They get told completely inaccurate information when trying to seek accurate harm reduction. I could honestly care less about people's feelings if it means them knowing the right information and preventing anyone from hurting themselves. You're really not helping at all. But I'm glad you found Bluelight though man :)

This was the problem.

Followed by...

But yet after admitting you were wrong...

/facepalm

Sorry to be blunt or offensive, but this is the kind of shit that gets people killed. They get told completely inaccurate information when trying to seek harm reduction. I could honestly care less about people's feelings if it means them knowing the right information and preventing them from hurting themselves. You're really not helping at all. But I'm glad you found Bluelight though man :)

Lmao Wasnt inaccurate.. Wouldnt have killed anybody, 9 or 10 tabs of 1200mg mucinex wont.. Just saying nto arguing but thanks for a little bit more respect in that last post..
P.S. the other thread please try and not to shit on my trip reoprt next time? because it turns out it was a misunderstanding? Thanks..

Lmao Wasnt inaccurate.. Wouldnt have killed anybody, 9 or 10 tabs of 1200mg mucinex wont.. Just saying nto arguing but thanks for a little bit more respect in that last post..
P.S. the other thread please try and not to shit on my trip reoprt next time? because it turns out it was a misunderstanding? Thanks..

Let me be more polite, please stop with the whole "1200mg tab" thing. After a quick google search this is whats in Muxinex DM.

http://www.mucinex.com/pdfs/mucinexDM.pdf

Thank you.

EDIT: That chemical called "Guaifenesin" isn't something you want, it doesn't make you trip it all. Its the DXM that has the psychoactive effects. So if you're going to refer to a dosage, refer to the DXM dose.

I plan on tring DXM for the first time this weekend and was wondering how much i should do. I'm tring to hit both the first 2 plateaus, the first for a little bit then the second. So i know which one I like better, ive heard a lot of people say they like the first one best and others that say they like the second one best. btw i'm 6'2 200lbs

Id definatly reccomend 300mg max or even less, 300mg was my first dose and i weighed around 200lbs back then.

Be careful and calculate how much there is in the bottle of cough syrup by the Mg/Ml ratio or Mg per gel cap/tablets or whatever other form that is available.

Just remember to read the back of the labels on the syrup or gels/tablets and that the ONLY ACTIVE ingredient is Dextromethorphan Hbr, anything else should be avoided.

Enjoy the first 2 plateaus while you can as once you get more experienced with it and start trying the upper plateaus the lower ones just dont seem all that fun anymore.

Let me be more polite, please stop with the whole "1200mg tab" thing. After a quick google search this is whats in Muxinex DM.

Thank you.

EDIT: That chemical called "Guaifenesin" isn't something you want, it doesn't make you trip it all. Its the DXM that has the psychoactive effects. So if you're going to refer to a dosage, refer to the DXM dose.

Let me be more polite, Afterall you are incorrect once again.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...page=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0&tx=92&ty=59
This would be the box you were looking for?

Last edited:
I apoligize, Just trying to get through to this guy that there are 1200mg tabs of Mucinex dm.. and he just dosnt quite get it.

Thank you.

Good point as this would sound very confusing for a first timer.

Dutchmasta, in the first post you posted in this thread you said you would reccomend 9 or 10 of the mucinex dm tablets which contain 60mg of DXM which if calculated would come to roundabout 600mg of DXM which IME is way too high of a dose for a beginner if the user has no experience in the past of using other dissociative substances.

Hmm first off i only recommended it cause it was my first dosage and i survived and it was a truley amazing 12 hr trip. I dont think it is to high cause i weighed 115lbs and was 15 and i didnt puke or nothing just had a life changing experience.

Let me be more polite, Afterall you are incorrect once again.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...page=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0&tx=92&ty=59
This would be the box you were looking for?

Lol I give up, you said Mucinex DM in your original post, not the maximum strength. Bottom line though, I still don't get why you would refer to the guafenesin dosage, it doesn't make any sense and doesn't do anything but cause potential nausea for most people. I wouldn't recommend a product with anything besides DXM as the ONLY active ingredient, not doing so is pure carelessness, especially for someone who claims to be a pharmacist.

Silly argument really though, I'm not going to fight over cough medicine all day ;) Bye :p

Instead say that they are 60mg tabs of mucinex, mkay? =D

Lol I give up, you said Mucinex DM in your original post, not the maximum strength. Bottom line though, I still don't get why you would refer to the guafenesin dosage, it doesn't make any sense and doesn't do anything but cause potential nausea for most people. I wouldn't recommend a product with anything besides DXM as the ONLY active ingredient, not doing so is pure carelessness, especially for someone who claims to be a pharmacist.

Silly argument really though, I'm not going to fight over cough medicine all day ;) Bye :p

I mean you do have a good point the only reason i recomended it was because it was my first trip and even with the guafenesin in a way controls your trip so it makes you not go overboard. this is just they way i looked at it when i was 15. but i agree what a pathetic argument.

Dutchmasta, it's just that your recommending a newcomer take what was it? Like 18 grams or something? Anyways maybe it was less.. I think it's been established that you were talking gaufenesin dosage, which in human beings would have you vommiting for days, if not you'd prob need your stomach pumped. The OP was talking DXM dosage... Whether it was 1800mg or 18g, if the kid had taken that much of either dose, he'd most likely die or be fucked up for life. If it was a mistake it's a mistake. I took 240 mg my first time and enjoyed it. That'd be a better starting dose, OP, gives you an idea of what to expect, and yA can take more next time. Shit man, 1800 or more DXM your first time?! Are you a robot?! Fuck... No offense maybe you did take that much but to reccomend that amount to another person... Damn bro!

Hello. I'm glad I came upon your post cause I just took 1800mg of guiafensin (mucinex)despite what I've read about it making you throw up lol so this would s comforting

Hi jpinky,DXM is peculiar in that unlike most drugs, where higher doses just cause stronger effects, dextromethorphan is different. For most people, dextromethorphan exhibits "plateaus" where at increasingly higher doses the overall effect of the drugs changes dramatically. Within a given plateau, higher doses mean stronger effects, but once you move into another plateau, other effects tend to dominate. Dextromethorphan has four actual plateaus. (There is something called "Plateau Sigma", which involves taking huge amounts and in divided doses. This is ignored in this guide, which is introductory. Plateau Sigma is reserved only for very experienced DXM users who take great risks, including death and brain damage.) These plateaus are based on mg/kg dosing. For those unfamiliar with dosing drugs this way, you calculate a mg/kg dose by taking the total amount of dextromethorphan ingested, and dividing that by your weight in kg. (If you only know your weight in pounds, divide that by 2.2 to get your weight in kg.) These are averages, and can vary from user to user. Also, a small percentage of DXM users don’t notice a sharp change in effects as they move from plateau to plateau. However, most people do notice the plateau effect. Also, effects do vary from person to person as to what happens at these plateaus. For example, MOST DXMers find third plateau either way too psychotic, way too intense, or both; and the first use is the last. A small percentage, however, really do enjoy third (and fourth) plateau doses. The reasons for these variations are likely many, and probably much of it is due to genetics, and how your brain is wired. In simple English, some people by genetic luck of the draw find upper plateaus of dextromethorphan enjoyable, while others don’t. This is true not only for DXM, but lots of other drugs. One example, which actually is related to dextromethorphan, is codeine. Most find codeine a good pain killer and quite fun to take. However, about 7% of people lack a key liver enzyme that converts codeine into morphine in the body, and these unlucky souls find codeine just makes them sick. Coincidentally, the enzyme used by the human body to covert codeine to morphine, CYP2D6, is also one of the 2 liver enzymes that are key to metabolizing DXM. CYP2D6 converts DXM to DXO, which is an active metabolite that also makes you trip (DXM itself is also psychoactive.) Without the proper CYP2D6 gene, almost no DXM is converted to DXO, which makes for a hellish, unpleasant experience. Probably genetic variation in how human brains are actually wired is the other main reason for the difference in reaction to dextromethorphan. Thus, based on genetics and other factors, YMMV (your mileage may vary).