View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Recommended Dose of DXM for First Time?

jpinky

Greenlighter
I plan on tring DXM for the first time this weekend and was wondering how much i should do. I'm tring to hit both the first 2 plateaus, the first for a little bit then the second. So i know which one I like better, ive heard a lot of people say they like the first one best and others that say they like the second one best. btw i'm 6'2 200lbs

First time, 300mg will be plenty. Make sure whatever product you get has only DXM as the active ingredient (you can look on the back of the box to be sure, this would be one bottle of Robitussin Maximum Strength Cough for example).

Well bud, It all depends on what you are planning to take. Certian medications give you different kinds of DXM trips( aka robotripping) Mucinex DM is what i used to take i recommend around 9 or 10 1200mg tabs of this type of medication for a very very nice feeling trip.

P.S dont worry about overdosing either because you have to take 35 1200mg tabs to overdose on mucinex.

Thanks.

If you have no experience with dissociatives I would agree 300mg-350mg is plenty indeed.

Edit - ^ Bad bad bad advice 1 post up.

Well bud, It all depends on what you are planning to take. Certian medications give you different kinds of DXM trips( aka robotripping) Mucinex DM is what i used to take i recommend around 9 or 10 1200mg tabs of this type of medication for a very very nice feeling trip.

P.S dont worry about overdosing either because you have to take 35 1200mg tabs to overdose on mucinex.

Thanks.

No wonder you only have one post. This doesn't make any sense. Get your dosages and drugs right before you suggest them to other people... You're saying he should take ten 1200mg pills? That's 12g of DXM... which would obviously most likely kill you.

On a happier note, welcome to Bluelight, you'll probably learn a lot here judging you by your first post :p

Last edited:
Make sure you do a test dose first to make sure you respond to DXM normally. Some are naturally extremely sensitive to its effects. By a test dose, I mean a small one, like 60 mg. Use a product with only DXM(no other active ingredients), and not polistirex, that is time release. If you respond fine to the test dose, I wouldn't necessarily jump right up to 300 or 350 mg, as that could be somewhat intense depending on what you are experienced with, and what you are expecting. Maybe 200 mg if you respond okay to the test dose, maybe more. If 200 mg doesn't do it for you, next time you could take a higher dose.

Ive taken DXM in small doses b4 so i dont believe that i am sensivtive to it (drinking half a small bottle bc i was sick and tired of coughing) and yes i got the robo gel caps, 15mg each.

Lmao oviously you guys havnt tripped nearly as hard as i have.. But no need for bragging about it. But my first trip i did 12 1200mg tabs of mucinex dxm.. so Depending on his weight and age i would say he would have a nice 12 hr trip from that.. and btw i was 13 and weighed 115 pounds when i had my first trip. so dont tell me to get my drugs straight because ive been doing and learning bout drugs before you were even thought of.. So and You will never know the trip i am talking about until you try it..

Lmao oviously you guys havnt tripped nearly as hard as i have.. But no need for bragging about it. But my first trip i did 12 1200mg tabs of mucinex dxm.. so Depending on his weight and age i would say he would have a nice 12 hr trip from that.. and btw i was 13 and weighed 115 pounds when i had my first trip. so dont tell me to get my drugs straight because ive been doing and learning bout drugs before you were even thought of.. So and You will never know the trip i am talking about until you try it..

Obviously we haven't because you're fucking retarded now. There's no such thing as a 1200mg tab. Either your trolling, or extremely stupid. 8)

No wonder you only have one post. This doesn't make any sense. Get your dosages and drugs right before you suggest them to other people... You're saying he should take ten 1200mg pills? That's 12g of DXM... which would obviously most likely kill you.

On a happier note, welcome to Bluelight, you'll probably learn a lot here judging you by your first post :p

Hey now no need for all this kind of talk. We're all friends here :D
And fyi mucinex dm is not pure dxm there are other compounds in there as well. I believe they're only 10mg-20mg dxm per pill, which certainly would not kill you if you took 10 of them, although you would feel quite ill from the large dose of guaifenesin.

I think Dutchmasta420 is getting the amount of guaifenesin confused with that of DXM.

Dutchmasta, no offence but your attitude seems very bad, and you are obviously making a mistake by saying you took 12 1200mg of dxm, as tromps explained that kind of dose would almost inevitably end in death.

Dutchmasta, no offence but your attitude seems very bad, and you are obviously making a mistake by saying you took 12 1200mg of dxm, as tromps explained that kind of dose would almost inevitably end in death.

His attitude is very poor, he comes on bluelight spewing extremely inaccurate posts and then claims "so dont tell me to get my drugs straight because ive been doing and learning bout drugs before you were even thought of.. So and You will never know the trip i am talking about until you try it."

Kids these days LOL, think they know better then everyone else.

Active Ingredients: Per Tablet: Dextromethorphan HBr 30 mg; Guaifenesin 600 mg.Inactive Ingredients: Carbomer 934P NF; D&C Yellow #10 Aluminum Lake; Hypromellose USP; Magnesium Stearate NF; Microcrystalline Cellulose NF; Sodium Starch Glycolate NF

Just did a quick search on mucinex dm and those are the ingredients above, not sure where he got the 1200mg's from, from what i can find there 600mg's only.

Alex you are right indeed, my mistake i took 1800mg of dxm overall. ( thats 30 pills with guaifenesin and 60mg of dxm per tab) And i shave off the guaifenesion. So my point was 9 or 10 off the 1200mg mucinex will not kill you.. So tromps please dont call me fucking retarded in a pm(very disrespectful.) and The comment "Kids these days." was not called for. and P.S. i am not a kid. i am acctually a very experienced adult, and i work for a pharmacy.

Alex you are right indeed, my mistake i took 1800mg of dxm overall. ( thats 30 pills with guaifenesin and 60mg of dxm per tab) And i shave off the guaifenesion. So my point was 9 or 10 off the 1200mg mucinex will not kill you.. So tromps please dont call me fucking retarded in a pm(very disrespectful.) and The comment "Kids these days." was not called for. and P.S. i am not a kid. i am acctually a very experienced adult, and i work for a pharmacy.

no offense.... but i find that very hard to believe, the very experienced adult and working for a pharmacy part. just sounds too made up to gain creditabilityish

Active Ingredients: Per Tablet: Dextromethorphan HBr 30 mg; Guaifenesin 600 mg.Inactive Ingredients: Carbomer 934P NF; D&C Yellow #10 Aluminum Lake; Hypromellose USP; Magnesium Stearate NF; Microcrystalline Cellulose NF; Sodium Starch Glycolate NF

Just did a quick search on mucinex dm and those are the ingredients above, not sure where he got the 1200mg's from, from what i can find there 600mg's only.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mucinex-M...-Expectorant-Cough-Suppressant-14-ct/12177531

no offense.... but i find that very hard to believe, the very experienced adult and working for a pharmacy part. just sounds too made up to gain creditabilityish

Haha i can see why.. You think i still do the drugs? No i havnt done drugs in a long long time. i am talking about when i was 15 or so.