Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Reclaimation of 2C-x from plastic bag purgatory

swilow

Sr. Moderator: AADD, CE&P, TD
Staff member
Hello all, quick question for you all- I have 'discovered' several old baggies with small amounts of various drugs on them, such as 2C-D, 2C-E and 4-Ho-DiPT. Unfortuanately, each bag contains a pretty small amount of powder and is kinda caked on the sides of the bag. I really want to measure this stuff for safe dosing, so was looking for a method of reclaiming the various chems by soaking them in an alcohol solution and then letting the solution evaporate. My question is, given that all I have at my house currently is some vodka and absinthe, will this be effective enough?

Thanks a fucken lot! :) <3

Yes that's fine, all 2c's I've had were soluble in water, I have no doubt vodka would be sufficient. Personally though I think iso would be best, it also evaporates very quickly.

You could just rip open the bag and scrap it with a knife, that's something I've done before. Otherwise water or vodka or PG. Or just lick the bag...

Careful with the 2c-e, it's pretty potent stuff and that thin layer caked onto the baggie can add up to a lot.

You could just rip open the bag and scrap it with a knife, that's something I've done before. Otherwise water or vodka or PG. Or just lick the bag...

Not really very safe to be honest. I have no idea really how much 2c-e is left and it was from a gram that was almost sticky or glutinous. There could be anything from 20mg to 100mg.

Careful with the 2c-e, it's pretty potent stuff and that thin layer caked onto the baggie can add up to a lot.

Spot on.

I think I will try and find a more appropriate solvent then vodka to be honest.

Thanks for help :)

Well, Vodka is half water, which means it's gonna take a while to evaporate...try "Everclear", it's 95% EtOH, dries quickly, easy to obtain, and it's also safe to use...

Not really very safe to be honest. I have no idea really how much 2c-e is left...

Yeah, I was joking about licking the bag, hence why the other suggestions came first.

Without evaporating and weighing the final you can't really do it accurately, which is why I recommended just scraping the bag with a knife, it's the easiest solution.

Just scrape the bag no need for all this unnecessary work with evaporating, the amount missed would be absolutely minimal, like maybe a mg.

I read the title and thought it was a thread about reclaiming some 2C from your own puke. Yuck, glad that's not what it was about :)

^ I've witnessed my friend eat a piperazine E pill from his puke, it was a sad sight. The pill was a green ninja turtle cut-out...totally bunk.

Genuinely made me laugh out loud. I hope he washed it off, not that it really matters I suppose haha.

Nope, I don't even think he did, it was pretty funny but hard to watch. The look on his face when he puked it up, it was priceless...there was no second thoughts when digging that little green blob out of his orange juice filled vomit. He was inexperienced and was under the impression that if your not rolling hard enough, drink orange juice! So he drank OJ until he vomited. Hmmm, maybe it's the pill that's bunk... nothing that can be solved with orange juice :\

The 4-HO-DiPT with anything aqueous is not a good plan, I would avoid that if I were you... but yeah other than that go make some sloshy washies swillow :)

I would definitely dissolve in a solvent, not just scrape the bag. A surprising amount can be left behind, more than you'd think. Let it dissolve on a glass plate (lime a large glass casserole dish or something) and then scrape that up with a razor blade, you'll get it all then and be able to weigh it.

Always be mindful about the compound you are handling, you can't always get away with it just emptying out a baggie or container - it really depends on the situation and compound, sometimes licking some spilled powder is fine like with lesser potent materials such as methylone... but with other drugs like the superpotent ones all handling has to be intentional and formal.

With something like zopiclone powder which apparently causes dysgeusia it is an interesting exercise because any messiness / unintentional exposure like getting some virtually insignificant amount on the finger "dusting it off" can lead to peculiar taste effects. Even indirectly it is surprising how easy materials can be contaminated, without being aware of it there are a lot of things constantly touching each other or brushing against each other and this can lead to transactions of chemicals not immediately noticed.

Didn't illuminati boy mark up some reading material on proper chemical handling?

I read the title and thought it was a thread about reclaiming some 2C from your own puke. Yuck, glad that's not what it was about :)

haha that's what I thought at first too. I think the word "purgatory" primed this.

Purge + suffix -atory = Purgatory .. a place of purging.

Good luck with this, you're going further than I usually do in seeking to evaporate & measure the volumes left in the plastic bag. I usually scrape everything I can out of the bag then dissolve the residue in water & drink it. Only downside of this is the uncertainty of dosage, though it's only ever been a problem with 2C-P ( and that may've been due to inadvertent potentiation with noopept & deprenyl in my system).
Usually it just gives a low dose/threshold experience that's manageable & relatively short lived. Of course I make sure the bag's as empty as I can get it which I don't think's the case with you.

Still you're being more responsible in trying to reclaim and measure the baggie contents, just check out the water/alcohol solubilities of the various substances before you start.