• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Received the wrong med today at Walgreens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phreakmama3

Greenlighter
I had a root canal and took a script to Walgreens for 10 norco 5/325’s.

I got home and opened the bag with my name and script info on the outside but on the inside was another woman’s script for 90 5mg oxycodone.

I’m not real sure what to do about it. I mean o wanna keep it but I don’t want to get into trouble. Walgreens has not called me yet. It’s been about 2 hrs. Advice please. Thank you!

Hi and welcome to Bluelight. This happened to me coincidently at a Walgreens for the same drug but I noticed it while I was at the counter. As tempting as it may be to keep them, I would return the prescription to the pharmacy.

Yeah it’ll definitely look good on you if you return them. I would be tempted too and i doubt you’d get into trouble but it’s the right thing to do.

They count their inventory.
I had a pharmacy give me less of than my full prescription of klonopin and I was worried they would think I was trying to score drugs but when I called they knew exactly what I was talking about and had a record of being over exactly how many pills I was short.

Yeah pharmacies are extremely thorough with thier records, definitely take them back

So from what I have gathered from looking online if I take them back they will be destroyed anyway, because they can’t re-shelve the meds.
That seems to be just a sad fate for the oxycodone?.
I had a few extra Norco from a kidney stone a while back and just took that tonight on the off chance I need to return the oxycodone. I’m leaning towards not contacting them however. It’s hard for me to look at this as anything other than a win for me to be honest. I’m sure that makes me a shitty person but I’m just being honest.

Well the records showing you picked up meds, but your meds are still there.

Take the pills back, they can be reshelved and will be given to the correct person who had the medication prescribed to them that the pharmacy mistakenly gave to you.

Well apparently I grew a conscience overnight cause I called Walgreens this morning. I talked to the pharmacist and she said she filled out a report about the error and apologized a million times. I’m takin them back and getting my meds.

Excellent work Watson. For the record, I've always considered myself to have a fairly reasonable level of "conscience" and there's no chance in frozen hell that I would return drugs handed to me, free and clear by a Rph. You're a much better man than I and you've done the right thing here. My addict mentality had already convinced me that those pills were free of cost and consequence before I had read to the bottom of your thread. There's of course the employees and there careers to consider. Now I feel like a dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.