• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Recapping librium losing the gelatin

razordesignz

Bluelighter
So I get 10mg librium 3 days a day, the capsule has gelatin though and I can not consume gelatin. I once before recapped 20mg in a vegan capulw seems thinner and it reallllyy worked and quick. I wonder since it usually is gelatin if the capsule is ofcourse designed to slow release. And if switching to a vegan thinner capsule will mess up the release of it.

If it's Extended Release it will take more than a Gel cap to make it so. Usually either hard beads or a solid tablet that uses the properties of osmosis to survive for a few hours and leach slowly into your GI tract. If your caps contain powder, repackaging into another type of gel/vegan capsule should change nothing.

What do you mean you cant consume gelatin. Getalin is just a short chain protein. Gelatin does not slow release like cellulose it protects the contents from spilling into your throat and damaging it until it resches your stomach acid where the hcl and elevated temperature rapidly break up the gelatin or cellulose from the very soluble librium

^ I think he means being a vegan, he can't consume gelatin products.
Razor, can you ask your doctor to switch to the regular powder capsules?

Ooo i think the only thing is your probably going to loose a probably insignificant amount of the chemical. Whenever i do chemistry almost every paper ive read atless you wash every surface 5x which is impractical. theres a 1 -10% loss from it sticking onto the gelatin and whatever you used to transfer it.

Just makesure you arent over stuffing them and drink it with a full glass of water for extra protection. My mom had a pill breakup in her throat and it lasted for weeks the irritation.

I'm actually not aware of a Chlordiazepoxide (Librium) product that is extended-release. To me personally, I feel it might be a little bit redundant, as the medication is pretty long-lasting in it's normal form. There really shouldn't be any harm in transferring the powder from one capsule to the other. You could rinse out the capsule afterward to be sure you have all active ingredients as well.