• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Really want to try Clonozolam (RC)

ovo1024

Bluelighter
From what I read, has the potency of xanax and the half life of klonopin? Count me in lol. And seems to be much more forgiving then Flubromozolam. Is this a bad idea? I've never took an RC of benzos but have done alot of research along with plenty recreational experience with xanax, klonopin and Ativan.

If you have a tendency to have trouble controlling your dosing regimen with benzodiazepines, I would say that yes it is indeed a bad idea. Especially if you buy a pure powder. Even in small quantities. I blacked out for a day or two (I don't remember, i was blacked out lol) after buying "only 20mg" of etizolam. In honesty, probably could have been up to 40mg, idk.

If you do this, read up a LOT on volumetric dosing. Buy some PG. You mentioned you've done lots of research, and that's commendable, but do more. Seriously, half the RC game is doing research.

well to correct your assumption, clonazepam 1mg = alprazolam 1mg (few equivalencies that say clonazepam is .25 stronger and I fully believe it is). It's about as potent as flub-lam but not QUITE.

also the half life on clonazolam exceeds clonazepams hl.

Not sure what you're trying to say ^ also I highly doubt klonopin could be .25 stronger. It's sometimes I think xanax is stronger and not just because how quick and hard it hits you, I'm referring to therapeutic effects as well.

Have you people thought that there are plenty of ways how benzos act so comparing potencies of benzos is quite hard even for professionals so simple mg per mg comparison is simply pointless and I wouldn't ever say that 10mg putiniuzepam equals 1mg of obamapam.

In order to get doses between different benzos you need to also know what the effect profiles of benzos are and because of that just using potency equivalence tables is useless.

For example alprazolam has superior anxiolytic effects over clonazepam so I could say it is ten times stronger than clonazepam and leave out the fact that it is ten times stronger when comparing anxiolytic effects.

Clonazepam in other hand has superior anti-convulsant effects over alprazolam so I could again say it is ten times stronger than alprazolam in that area.

(Disclaimer: Both of those values were exaggerated of course and given only as an example to point out the issue.)

iLhfYxf.gif

That should give you some insight on the different profiles each of the common benzos have.
Angstlösend= Anxiolytic. Rest of the words should be quite obvious.

As you can notice diazepam is the jack of all trades and alprazolam actually has only anxiolytic effects in practice.

Tetrazepam in other hand doesn't have nearly any anxiolytic effects and if one would want to have same anxiolytic effect out of tetrazepam than of alprazolam he would have to take atleast six times the converted dose of equivalency rating of those two benzos and that would of course cause him to lose control of his muscles or even to overdose.

So if we want to have same anxiolytic effect out of tetrazepam than from 1mg alprazolam we would need to calculate it like this:
We know that overall potency of tetrazepam when compared to alprazolam is 1/100 or 0.01

We also know that alprazolam has roughly ten times stronger anxiolytic effects than tetrazepam.

Therefore we use this formula amount_of_alprazolam*general_potency_difference*specific_effect_potency_difference=terazepam_needed

So 1mg*10*10=1000

So we need 1 000mgs of tetrazepam to get same anxiolytic effect than from 1mg alprazolam.

Does it sound reasonable to consume 1 gram of tetrazepam instead of taking 1mg of alprazolam to get same anxiolytical effect? Of course not. It sounds dangerous.

Please for your own safety instead of just comparing the overall potency of benzos check their effect profile too before popping out something you are used to.

Those profiles are also the reason why people like different benzos.

If you like to kick your anxiety away you would definately like Alprazolam but if you have no anxiety at all but prefer to feel like boiled macaroni and don't mind to get some sedation at the same time you might like tetrazepam.

With research chemicals the problem is that there are no effect profiles available for them but some pharmacological experts can give out estimates based on their chemical structure. No one just haven't done any clinical trials with RCs so there are no real overall potency data too of course and instead just guesstimates from people who do benzos recreationally.