• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

really perfect romantic gestures. (you got game?)

smackydowners

Bluelighter
i've made a girl a mix-tap (a fucking effort 3 years ago) who wasnt into me that much, or said she wasnt, but said she'd like one, not execting me do actually do it.

i made sure that although all the songs i picked were obsure, cool and sexy, i knew she'd run a mile if i filled it with love songs. i also wrote on the sleeve "M****'s Mashed-UP (and in no way romantically suggestive) Megamix as a way of doing something sweet/thoughtful, but taking the pathos away a bit. anyway, it worked, she fucking loved it and we were an item soon after.

other things like after a night on the drink, nipping out and making their favourite breakfast perfectly.

home-made marzipan (yuck i know but she liked it) daffodils (her favourite flower).

anyone else got some romantic gestures under their belts that shocked their partner and even themselves a little?

It's going to sound awfully strange but I once took a girl fishing. It was a great opportunity to be alone and really get to know her. Being all alone in nature just nice and quiet it was great. We ended up having sex right on the side of the river. I know it doesn't seem like a romantic type thing but it really was. She said it was very different than what she was used to with other guys. I'm by no means a good fisherman and can barely bait a hook and I'm nowhere near a redneck but I just had an urge to relive something I enjoyed during my lonely childhood.
We talked about everything, far away from all the modern convienences, we left the cells, and just stayed out there all day and talked. She caught a pumpkinseed and was so excited! It was great for both of us. We ended up dating for about 6 mths until I moved to Florida to get away from all the drug dealing issues I had created for myself. People didn't want me dealing where I was dealing at and they shot up my house so I had to go. She understood and we both went our separate ways. She went on to be a very successful person in the insurance industry and I went on to... Well I went on to become what most would consider a drug addict. The choices we make in life huh? Smfh

a also perfectly learned my gf's favourite love song for valentine's day so we could have a sing-song. missed the mark there tho, she got really emberrassed and stopped my halfway.

It's going to sound awfully strange but I once took a girl fishing. It was a great opportunity to be alone and really get to know her. Being all alone in nature just nice and quiet it was great. We ended up having sex right on the side of the river. I know it doesn't seem like a romantic type thing but it really was. She said it was very different than what she was used to with other guys. I'm by no means a good fisherman and can barely bait a hook and I'm nowhere near a redneck but I just had an urge to relive something I enjoyed during my lonely childhood.
We talked about everything, far away from all the modern convienences, we left the cells, and just stayed out there all day and talked. She caught a pumpkinseed and was so excited! It was great for both of us. We ended up dating for about 6 mths until I moved to Florida to get away from all the drug dealing issues I had created for myself. People didn't want me dealing where I was dealing at and they shot up my house so I had to go. She understood and we both went our separate ways. She went on to be a very successful person in the insurance industry and I went on to... Well I went on to become what most would consider a drug addict. The choices we make in life huh? Smfh

although not obvious, and maybe it wouldnt work for certain women, i think this is nice. good excuse to talk the night away and (ahem) wetting your line....

i always make presents whenever i can; hand drawn valentines day cards, the marzipan daffodils thing, transforming the flat into a woman's romance fantasy when she's at work etc.

i always bring back a little surprise whenever i go to the shop to get beer or milk or whatever just for her.

any female input?

im a romantic fucker and i like hearing shit lke this. might gimme some ideas even...

There's no better feeling than doing something nice for girl and having her melt into ur arms.
Man it's been way too long for me. I miss those days.

i agree. i havent made a big gesture in a while, but whenever im doing anything with a girlfriend (if appropriate, of course) i try to make it romantic. even candles and home cooking, little presents, going away for a drive to a neighbouring city (eg.N'cle to Manc) for a day are simple, but winners IME.

We talked about everything, far away from all the modern convienences,
Well said. I think there is two hugely important things in this, (one) TALK to her and (two) be with her!

any female input?
Yes please, I second that! (although I suspect each would have different answers)

I agree, it's the little things that go a long way.
Amen.

If I had to add my 2 cents, I'd add, little things mostly;

- I quite often leave a note in a bag or purse, short and sweet reminder that I exist, and that at some point earlier I was thinking of her
- I also cook quite a bit, and will always make a lunch with her name on it.
- I sometimes call just to chat "what do you feel like for din-din" and pretend I'll grab a few things at the shops on the way home, only to show up empty handed and blame spontaneity, let's eat out tonight darling!
- I happen to live on the beach, Sat pm sunset drinks _always_ go a long way.
- I also travel a fair bit, and will go the extra mile to pick something up that cannot be found back at home.
- I've also been known for writing my name on women. "MY property", almost jokingly, ahah!
- I will buy roses from street vendors. Massive win-win that one!

I think overall; your time, your attention, your dedication will always be appreciated.

But then I'm currently single. As Cliffy78 eloquently puts it - Smfh!

I know not many paper actually own a pen and paper these days, let alone be able to utilize them, but I very much like receiving and giving a written letter. Obviously not something you'd necessarily do if you'd only been together a short time, but once you have some history I think it works well. Spoken words and affection is nice, but something about a written letter goes a long way.

EDIT: Obviously only works if you have legible hand writing and don't write like a dyslexic 10 year old.

FEMALE INPUT!!!

Romantic gestures from my point of view is quite simply having enough knowledge about your partner to be able to surprise them without even having to try.

Silly small things are normally more appreciated and better received than grand gestures.

My partner loves comic books. I wanted to buy him tickets to Comic-Con but couldn't get them. So I bought a sexy super hero outfit for me and a normal fancy dress costume for him. On the day of comic con, we put on our outfits and watched all the Marvel and DC films, watched cartoons as well, ordered pizza, played poker, played Marvel top trumps and got some beers in.

Also, sometimes it's about understanding their needs at that moment in time.... On one occasion, my man came home from work and found out he had lost a lot of hours, causing us to lose about £600 a month. He was so stressed and miserable, I went out and bought him a case of beer and called someone to deliver drugs to cheer him up.

For someone like me, it's about being able to feel comfortable, being able to laugh at things and knowing that every adult used to be a kid and part of that kid lives on and should be let out every now and then. Don't try to surprise someone by guessing. You never know how that will turn out.

I don't really like the chocolates/flowers thing. I don't know, just not me.
I love it when my partner
- prepares my lunch for me for the next day (just shows he's thinking of me and caring when I've had a busy day)
- gives me these plush animals for a charity (I love the stuffed animal bears / other animals and I really like money going to good causes so it's so sweet)
- homemade cards for any occasion. I hate purchased cards. spend some time and make a homemade card, it's so much sweeter :)

I know my partner likes
- when I get him flowers
- when I do any of his usual household tasks (we have general tasks we both do, it's nice if he doesn't have to do one of the things he usually does, ex. laundry)
- when I prepare one of his favourite foods homemade (gnocchi, pierogies, some of those time consuming things)
- when I get him chocolates / little things that he likes

I always ask a woman on a first date to some kind of cultural event, the theater, ballet or symphony. Comes off as classy and cultured.

my undergrad was in Japanese and Asian Lit - i specialized in classical japanese poetry....being able to quote this stuff is gold.

Do not smile to yourself like a cloud passing before a green mountain - people will know we're in love

Are we now to meet only in dreams, starting awaking, a grasping hand that touches nothing...

A stag cries in the autumn mountains - the echo answers him as though it were a doe

i used this one with my snugglebunny - much appreciated

Today I will not comb my sleep tousled hair - it has lain pillowed on the hand of my lover

I had just split from an abusive ex when I met my current partner. We were in a pub and got to talking and drinking. I said to him "I want a couple of hours of your time. Need a sex fix and that's all I want from you". I was brutally honest. We spent the night together and the following morning, he brought me up breakfast and as he handed me a cup of tea and a cheese toastie, he sat next to me on the bed and said "Can I kiss you?". A few months later we got together. On special days like anniversaries and birthdays, the tradition is the bring up a cup of tea and cheese toasties and ask the other one if you can kiss them. I still find it romantic after 2 and half years together!!!