• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Really need help to quit these drugs

zagor

Bluelighter
I fucked up my receptors and can no longer get high. Same with benzos. I currently take Trintellix, Rexulti, Klonopin, Dexedrine and Suboxone. I need help getting off Dex and Subs but cannot do so mentally. The depression, anhedonia and akathisia get too severe. I get so depressed when I even lower the dexedrine.

Any suggestion how to do this. My shrink is useless. They all are. Can I take any nootropix to help me wean. To help with my dopamine? I can take physical problem but i can't take mental. What can I do to get rid of suboxone and dexedrine?

Maybe you should try and stop one drug ata time so you know which one is leading to the negative side effects.

What dosage of dexidrine are you on? There are possibly three options. Cold turkey (which you state you can't manage), gradual taper (the idea most likely supported by your shrink) or some kind of substitution with a different stimulant like ritalin (but then you may have another addiction) or modafinal (which is not addictive apparently).

Ramping up your healthyt eating and exercise is likely to be a key part of your success as well.

Im on 22.5 mg twice daily fast reliese those damn 5 mg pills. My eating habit is very bad because this drug kills my apetite.

Yes I first want to quit dexedrine. The depression is major so I need a nootropic to help me get off of it.

Im on 22.5 mg twice daily fast reliese those damn 5 mg pills. My eating habit is very bad because this drug kills my apetite.

That's a big dose. The max dosage in Australia is 30 mg a day I think. I can see why you don't want to go cold turkey.

Yes I first want to quit dexedrine. The depression is major so I need a nootropic to help me get off of it.

Modafinal is a nootropic. It also has the advantage of scientiifc literature backing up its use to treat stimulant addiction (mainly coke and meth as far as I've read but logically it would also work for dexamphetamine). It also has the advantage of continuing to treat the ADHD symptoms I presume you are taking the dex for. My advice would be to consult your psych and ask him for a script to trial it if he agrees it's an option.

I know it's hard and believe me I have experience with amphetamine depression, but I think your best shot is to just cold turkey the amp all at once.

You'll be depressed and run down for a week or two but after that you'll start to feel much better. Unfortunately there aren't many drugs that can help with these mood problems besides more recreational drugs that will inevitably make the problem worse. Luckily amphetamine withdrawals should make you tired and you should be able to sleep through a lot of it.

Honestly I don't know a better way to get off amphetamine. The withdrawals are partially psychosomatic and partially the dopamine and other imbalances. If you need energy to help at work or with hobbies/keeping busy, try some extra coffee or black tea. You'll also feel much better when you starting eating more regularly.

Good luck, I hope you are successful in kicking, however you may accomplish it.

My doctor refused modafinil but I will ask my shrink. Cold turkey is not tolerable. I read about nootropics like ashagandha, cyclazodone and adrafinil but am little scared to take it together with my rx drugs.

My doctor refused modafinil but I will ask my shrink. Cold turkey is not tolerable. I read about nootropics like ashagandha, cyclazodone and adrafinil but am little scared to take it together with my rx drugs.

Adrafinil is closely related to modafinil and available without a prescription, unless you're outside the US and its controlled in the country in which you reside.

You could try memantine (unfortunately Rx only, needs an open minded doc) or dextromethorphan (the cough gels). These do wonders for post acute withdrawal syndrome, tolerance to both uppers & opioids (dopamine receptors) and anhedonia! Maybe add something for sleep as needed. Tramadol is okay too, it's like the better variant of venlafaxine and strangely maybe even easier to quit. Venla helps with depression but is a bitch on its own. The regular SSRIs might be worth a try, I get restlessness/akathisia off them.

Yeah adrafinil is available from nootropic shops or a big internet auction house but I don't like that group of chemicals somehow, it's more tension than energy unfortunately but worth a try if you suffer from tiredness.