• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Real world advice regarding diazepam to aid sleeping after stimulants.

clarkey1984

Bluelighter
Hi all, after a night on a little session, primarily cocaine, I firstly wait at least 2 hours to allow some natural wind down time, watch a film or something and relax, if however I feel like I'm not tired enough to actually sleep I grab my 10mg strip of diazepam and have one tab, then if that doesn't make my eyes heavy within 45 minutes or so I'll have a 2nd, but never exceed two.

I am wondering however, one, how safe this actually is, and also how others feel diazepam works for them, as if I'm say 15 minutes from the end of what I'm watching when it kicks in and makes me sleepy, but I decide to finish whatever it is, by then I've often gone past that tired stage and it doesn't work anywhere near as well, for me I need to hit bed during that tired window of opportunity so to speak.

Thoughts?

Hi all, after a night on a little session, primarily cocaine, I firstly wait at least 2 hours to allow some natural wind down time, watch a film or something and relax, if however I feel like I'm not tired enough to actually sleep I grab my 10mg strip of diazepam and have one tab, then if that doesn't make my eyes heavy within 45 minutes or so I'll have a 2nd, but never exceed two.

I am wondering however, one, how safe this actually is, and also how others feel diazepam works for them, as if I'm say 15 minutes from the end of what I'm watching when it kicks in and makes me sleepy, but I decide to finish whatever it is, by then I've often gone past that tired stage and it doesn't work anywhere near as well, for me I need to hit bed during that tired window of opportunity so to speak.

Thoughts?
Completely safe.

If you were being treated at the hospital for stimulant agitation they would give you benzodiazepines.

Completely safe.

If you were being treated at the hospital for stimulant agitation they would give you benzodiazepines.
Cheers, I had to ask some people such as yourself and the forum in general, actually knowledgeable people, as all you get via a web search are threads on Reddit and quora, saying things like omg do not do this combination because you probably might die bla bla bla, thanks again.

Cheers, I had to ask some people such as yourself and the forum in general, actually knowledgeable people, as all you get via a web search are threads on Reddit and quora, saying things like omg do not do this combination because you probably might die bla bla bla, thanks again.
Yeah but do yourself a favor and stop doing the coke.

You're actually 4 times more likely to die from sudden death if you use cocaine.

You won't die especially regarding your tolerance and frequency of doing this.

I personally think you should get away with 20mg-30mg for a good come down and some sleep.

Just my personal opinion

You won't die especially regarding your tolerance and frequency of doing this.

I personally think you should get away with 20mg-30mg for a good come down and some sleep.

Just my personal opinion
Oh i do take special care to be sensible, last night as an example, 2x10mg in, got a solid 5 hours sleep, then had a coffee and a hot bath, then cooked myself bacon, sausages, scrambled egg and a salt and pepper tiger roll warmed up and absolutely smothered in real butter so it all melted into the bread, I feel brand new and well rested today.

Diazepam is great fór sleep and overall whole body relaxation after using stimulants but like u have already noticed, it makes u sleepy and after some time it just act as a antiseizure muscle-relaxant. This is because diazepam is working by itself and also through active metabolites and every one of them has different potency, so effects of valium change according to which metabolite is actualy mainly responsible for its effects. Diazepam is great for muscle relaxation, oxazepam is just mild anxiolitic, temazepam is great for sleep but i am not sure about concentration of metabolites, it is changing after hours, and there will be always mixture of parent drug and metabolites but in different ratios. Take it and go to sleep within 20 minutes.

Diazepam is great fór sleep and overall whole body relaxation after using stimulants but like u have already noticed, it makes u sleepy and after some time it just act as a antiseizure muscle-relaxant. This is because diazepam is working by itself and also through active metabolites and every one of them has different potency, so effects of valium change according to which metabolite is actualy mainly responsible for its effects. Diazepam is great for muscle relaxation, oxazepam is just mild anxiolitic, temazepam is great for sleep but i am not sure about concentration of metabolites, it is changing after hours, and there will be always mixture of parent drug and metabolites but in different ratios. Take it and go to sleep within 20 minutes.
It certainly does take the edge off, as I say my main issue is missing that ideal few minutes where I'm nodding my head from tiredness, if I miss that sweet spot is more of a battle. Plus I don't know if it's just me but I want to eat the world the next day, I got up at 12 o'clock lunchtime and ate what I said above, I had steak chips and onion rings about 4pm so an hour and a half ago, and I'm now toying with the idea of either a curry or a kebab.

The hunger thing is normal
Even before I took anything I've always eaten absolutely loads, I'm 40 years old, just under 6 foot tall, fits in 32 inch waist jeans and only weigh 12 stone 7 pounds, with the food I put away I should be significantly fatter than I am, something about a fast metabolism so I'm told.

Even before I took anything I've always eaten absolutely loads, I'm 40 years old, just under 6 foot tall, fits in 32 inch waist jeans and only weigh 12 stone 7 pounds, with the food I put away I should be significantly fatter than I am, something about a fast metabolism so I'm told.
Yeah fast metabolism but it also will getter slower with age and drugs. I basically do intermittent fasting and cram over 3000 calories a night and don't pick up weight.

Hyperthyroidism as I have it too.

Lorazepam (Ativan) & Diazepam (Valium) are the gold standard meds in stimulant agitation, plus an antipsychotic if necessary and a med similar to Clonidine (but different lol sorry)

Lorazepam actually has slight advantages over Diazepam regarding injection for rapid sedation, but Diazepam orally has a faster onset, longer duration, and more robust muscle relaxant properties

Valium 10mg “Blue Valleys” are the most effective benzodiazepine tablets one could have in their inventory

for an average adult male, 5’10” 180 lbs approx, 2-3 tablets is a solid dose, still safe, yet packs a PUNCH. Diazepam 30mg would be ideal when one is all sketched out coming down from blasting Ya-Yo + alcohol all night