• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Read this and never have a bad MDMA come-up again

goldenbongtokes

Greenlighter
So, I've used MDMA dozens of times, and every time I am absolutely miserable during the come-up. Until my last experience, I threw up every single time without fail, and experienced terrible anxiety to the point where I had to separate myself from my group of friends just to deal with it. This last time I took 270mg, I didn't throw up and I only experience about 5-10 minutes of only moderate anxiety instead of 30-45 minutes of severe anxiety.

The answer to uncomfortable come-ups is the Wim Hof method, specifically the breathing techniques. Hyperventilate 30-40 times in a 30-40 second time span; inhale all the way, as deep as you can go, but don't exhale all the air, don't force the air out, just let your lungs reach equilibrium. Then exhale all the way and hold your breath as long as possible. When you feel the urge to breath, take a deep breath and hold for 15 seconds. Repeat until your anxiety dissipates. Look up the method on youtube if you want a video on how to do it.

This method has been scientifically shown to raise the pH of your blood and give you conscious control over your autonomic nervous system. Now I can use MDMA without being scared and having to deal with the terrible initial effects. If you are able to try it please let me know how it went. I only just discovered this so I don't have much evidence. But it was literally the only time I haven't thrown up on MDMA, so I feel pretty confident it will work for others.

So, I've used MDMA dozens of times, and every time I am absolutely miserable during the come-up. Until my last experience, I threw up every single time without fail, and experienced terrible anxiety to the point where I had to separate myself from my group of friends just to deal with it. This last time I took 270mg, I didn't throw up and I only experience about 5-10 minutes of only moderate anxiety instead of 30-45 minutes of severe anxiety.

The answer to uncomfortable come-ups is the Wim Hof method, specifically the breathing techniques. Hyperventilate 30-40 times in a 30-40 second time span; inhale all the way, as deep as you can go, but don't exhale all the air, don't force the air out, just let your lungs reach equilibrium. Then exhale all the way and hold your breath as long as possible. When you feel the urge to breath, take a deep breath and hold for 15 seconds. Repeat until your anxiety dissipates. Look up the method on youtube if you want a video on how to do it.

This method has been scientifically shown to raise the pH of your blood and give you conscious control over your autonomic nervous system. Now I can use MDMA without being scared and having to deal with the terrible initial effects. If you are able to try it please let me know how it went. I only just discovered this so I don't have much evidence. But it was literally the only time I haven't thrown up on MDMA, so I feel pretty confident it will work for others.

thats a massive amount 270mg christ. try something a little less next time around. take your time !

Like userlee said, dont take so damn much and maybe you won't have so much anxiety. Your breathing method is a useful tip and all but the focus should be on preventing the anxiety in the first place. I have anxiety problems which has gotten between me and molly lately but my first 2 rolls I had no anxiety at all during the comeup because I was relaxed and didn't give a shit, something I'm trying to learn how to do now.

270mg is a massive amount.

Yeah the breathing really helps, no matter how good and carefree I am feeling, the comeup of MDMA hits me with a ton of anxiety, its more or less inevitable and all I can do is try to figure out ways to handle it when it happens (just buckle up and brace yourself). I made a thread about it ages ago and I think the consensus was that the massive serotonin rush at first just causes massive anxiety in some people. This seems to happen more to men than women IME, my theory is it has something to do with societal standards for men to be less expressive/emotional. And that initial explosion of the need to express yourself and be emotional can initially cause a subliminal internal conflict. This certainly passes once those walls are broken down, just the breaking of those walls can be a rough ride at first (no matter how many times you've been down that road).

My routine is just as soon as the comeup begins, if I'm at a show/festival/social situation, I'll excuse myself and go for a walk on my own (or with a close friend or my girl friend) to find somewhere with lots of space (ideally an open field), lay down and take deep breaths. Maybe drink some water. Once this passes its go time though!

I can eat pretty large amounts of psychs and not really be fazed by it, but 100mg of MDMA no matter what still catches me off guard.

Last edited:
I havent rolled in 8 months (yay me!) but I used to quite a bit. I would use mdma in the college party or bar setting so I would always drink with it. This of course had a great impact on my rolls, creating very minimal anxiety but not as intense peaks. I honestly cannot compare to mdma by itself because I never did it alone! My point, anxiety on the come up sounds not fun, but at 270mg not sure what you were expecting. I would usually do 220mg after a couple of drinks and feel pretty intense on the come up. Dose lower.

When I was using MDMA, a small bump of ket during the come-up was doing marvels for anxiety :)

I've experimented with a wide range of doses from 100-400mg. Around 250mg is the best for me. I still get terrible anxiety and will vomit profusely on 125mg, while not getting the full experience. It is just the way I am. I just wanted to share the only way I've been able to negate the anxiety. It is immensely effective.

I'd recommend the breathing exercises regardless if you get anxiety or not. Haven't tried it for the comedown because they just aren't that bad for me, but I'd bet it would be effective as hell for those who get bad ones.