View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Reaction speed and LSD

moonyham

Bluelighter
So I stumbled upon a video of f1 drivers doing a 'reaction test' with an app/website that is quite simple. I thought hey I haven't done that in a while, wonder how my reaction speed is these days.
First thing in morning before weed, and after weed, my range is 180-250 with 220~ being my average.

On half a tab of acid, my range is 150-190 with 170 being my average.

Like I noticed a consistent sub 200ms result. This was after smoking two joints too, I wish I had tried before smoking for more data.

I find this quite interesting. I always thought psychedelics slowed down your reaction speed just by the fact there is so much going on, but in my experience today it's giving me a noticeable reduction in reaction time.

Something else I noticed is my inclination to 'jump start' while tripping was almost zero. Even after 20 or so tries, only once did I do a false start. When I'm sober/stoned it's more like 1 in 5, maybe 1 in 10 at best.

Ive never thought to compare my abilities tripping vs sober but this just kinda blows my mind as me trying my absolute hardest cannot beat my tripping self when it comes to reaction speed.

I have a trip planned in the coming weeks for atleast a full tab but probably two. I'll try to remember to do this again, and see if half a tab is where the threshold is or if further 'gains' can be had.

For those interested in seeing your own reaction time,

If others want to try this and chime in with their results of sober vs tripping that would be neat.

i’m confused…

ok.

your experience matches what you thought would happen. so why the “but…”?

alasdair

"slowed down reaction speed" = how much speed at which you react to something is slowed, meaning you have a slower reaction speed.

"noticeable reduction in reaction time" = time in which your reaction has been noticeably reduced, meaning you have a faster reaction speed.

Am I not speaking English properly? Its entirely possible.

I was always noticably quicker when playing Tetris while on LSD. Same for racing simulators too. Not so much with strategy games tho, lol

ah. no you're fine. you just threw me with the subtle switch from reaction speed to reaction time.

alasdair

LSD and other psychedelic seem to connect one intimately with their own body. It’s why it’s a wonderful dance drug, the flow is effortless at times and you feel at one with yourself.

-GC

My best time sober was 0.191 and average around 0.2 yesterday.

Today after drinking 2 beers my best is 0.242 and average around 0.25.

Will try again on some psys and dissos eventually.

Also the computer you use to test it matters. The lower input lag the better.

right, my phone is faster than my laptop???
I don't know what's faster, but reducing input lag is something extremely important in competitive gamers who care about responding to things happening on their screens as fast as possible.

2/10ths of a second is amazingly fast - biologically speaking
1/10th of a second establishes a perception, and another 1/10th of a second to reflex poke the screen or mouse is really an amazing thing.

I think anything faster is really about knowing the trajectory in advance, and becoming synchronized with the process so that the reactions are issued as a chain against some first trigger, and maybe some adjustments along the way. including a guess about the moment.

I cannot imagine a perception engaging in less than 1/10th of a second, and even 1.9 seconds is stretching the bounds of credibility as a true reflex reaction vs. a synchronized guess or some other artificial means of stopping the countdown.

probably for cat shit virus, it does that. Rat has harder time to escape when it is lagging.

1/10th of a second establishes a perception, and another 1/10th of a second to reflex poke the screen or mouse is really an amazing thing.

I think anything faster is really about knowing the trajectory in advance, and becoming synchronized with the process so that the reactions are issued as a chain against some first trigger, and maybe some adjustments along the way. including a guess about the moment.

I cannot imagine a perception engaging in less than 1/10th of a second, and even 1.9 seconds is stretching the bounds of credibility as a true reflex reaction vs. a synchronized guess or some other artificial means of stopping the countdown.
maybe they is just so damn short that impulses travel to their destination faster.

The game is random when it drops the lights, you can't 'time' anything. Best you could do to cheat would be hitting stop and getting heaps of false starts until you actually get it.. But that kinda defeats the purpose and is just cheating. The real test is doing 5-10 in a row with no false starts.

My reflexes were 120-150 as a teenager and I could even get to 100-110 sometimes on days where I was really clear headed. I know that's very abnormal and I was(and still am, but not as good) very good at gaming. Almost went professional but was too distracted by girls/fun. I was banned for 'hacking' by admins more than once because my reactions were very suspicious.

So yeah my results aren't exactly the norm, and it wouldn't be fair to compare my results against the average person who hasn't been honing in this skill for almost 20 years. I'm more interested in seeing results of before and after than numbers themselves in general.

maybe they is just so damn short that impulses travel to their destination faster.

Lol na I'm pretty tall and have long arms 😂

I don't know what's faster, but reducing input lag is something extremely important in competitive gamers who care about responding to things happening on their screens as fast as possible.

Yes, if you are going to be comparing results whether it's day to day or sober vs tripping it's important to use the same device/method. I have a pretty high spec phone and computer, not much different for me but I can imagine some hardware would hurt your score as the refresh rate of the screen for example can add extra time.

Last edited:
My best time sober was 0.191 and average around 0.2 yesterday.

Today after drinking 2 beers my best is 0.242 and average around 0.25.

Will try again on some psys and dissos eventually.

Also the computer you use to test it matters. The lower input lag the better.

Interesting! I didn't think to try it after drinking. Next time I have a few glasses of wine I'll see how much it effects me.

And yes please post your results :)

I did 2c-b the other day, around 10-15mg at time of test. My reaction speed was 250-300ms which I found odd as my 'head space' felt clearer than on acid.

Last edited: