View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Re storing Defrosted shrooms ?

ThCBomb

Greenlighter
Hey everyone :) so today I got given 2 grams of some psilocybin subs from a mate to try out.
They were stored in a freezer for 6 months and taken out and have defrosted. I wasn't planning on taking them tonight tho so I stored them in a jar but they're a bit soft...are they okay to eat in the next couple of days ? I don't want to end up sick.
If anyone knows please let me know whether to throw them out or not.
Thanks in advance :) :)

If they've been fozen and then thawed, you've got 2 choices only unless you want to end up with black slime (which will happen quickly)

1) Make it into tea now, and save that in the fridge, or

2) Dehydrate them/

Tom

You pretty much need to dry them ASAP or they will begin to mould.

For future reference (I guess this goes for your friend): never freeze fresh mushrooms, because you destroy the tissue that way and they get floppy like you describe which is really a pain in the ass and nasty.. Ice crystals break cell walls of biological materials.

Cracker dry them first, then if its for long term storage freeze them dry in an airtight container.

As for your current situation: the slime would be quite nasty but from reports it does seem like tryptamines turned black do not really lose a lot of potency. But like transform says they will mould over relatively quickly, probably cause the mushrooms themselves are made from chitin which is polymeric sugar-based. Probably yummy to other fungi and bacteria, fungus should contain just what a lot of them need :D

If they thaw the cryogenically frozen Walt Disney they should definitely make a tea very quickly or dry him.

Sorry for late replies but forgot to mention they were dried before storage! I ended up eating them that night (only 0.8grams) and holy shit did I trip hard..came very close to some of my dmt trips. Entities trying to battle to take me places and sending me all kinds of messages..was sick
Thanks for information though. :)

Heya

Well alright that's not too bad then if they were dried before storage... however if they were a bit soft upon defrosting that means you got water from somewhere though. One possibility is that they weren't sealed airtight / vacuum or if not vacuum with a desiccant, when frozen... that would cause water to get into them cause freezers make things freaking wet what with all the freezing-condensing. Another possibility is that they were frozen fine, but when defrosting they were opened up before returning all the way to room temperature, which still causes water to condense on your supercold shrooms.
(Also not everyone actually makes their shrooms cracker dry which takes more than some regular passive drying method, making them cracker dry increases shelf life and helps avoid soggy problems - basically you must keep water out every step of the way.)

Good that the trip was nice and hard ;)