View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

re-soaking mushroom tea

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
I made some mush tea twice recently out of stems, let it steep for 15-20 minutes both times. Tore them up into a loose chunky powder and put them in a coffee filter. It turned brown upon drying. Is it okay to re-soak them? Would it produce any kind of trip?

I made some mush tea twice recently out of stems, let it steep for 15-20 minutes both times. Tore them up into a loose chunky powder and put them in a coffee filter. It turned brown upon drying. Is it okay to re-soak them? Would it produce any kind of trip?

As long as they didn't start to rot before you went for the second soaking, there wouldn't be a problem. I grind my mushrooms with a cheap blade coffee grinder and use a Bodum tea press, so for me there is no point at attempting a second extraction - I'm confident I've got everything. If you had large pieces for your first soak and if you didn't soak for very long, you might get something; but I bet little to nothing is the practical result. No harm in trying though. Myself, I've never bothered and don't see doing so.

Going for a second soak, you might/should try grinding them into dust to maximize surface area.

Tom

[edit; I always steep my mushroom powder for 1 hour or until the tea is at room temperature]