European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Re;Kratom and Oxy taken together rapid heartbeat

janet34

Greenlighter
Hello I am new here and i have a scary concern and would like to know if this has happened to anyone or any advice would be helpful.
I recently got off of methadone (8 years) with the help of kratom to get on a long lasting oxy . I had concerns regarding the methadone.
I have been off methadone for 17 days and i thought the rapid heartbeat i was getting was from withdrwals so i took clonidine.
Friday I started my low dose of oxycontin and as soon as I lowered my dose of kratom my heart rate went up to 130.
I took more kratom it slowed down. I am in this mess and I have a dr appt tonight but it is scaring me. I read that it is safe to take the two together then i was told not to take them together because it will throw you into withdrawl. Can anyone please give me advice. Thanks

From what you've said it sounds like you may be experiencing some withdrawal symptoms from you kratom and/or oxy use. With it being such a relatively short time since you quit the methadone that too is possibly a contributing factor. Methadone w/d tends to last several weeks and it's hard to say exactly what elements you are withdrawing from and which are more direct effects of the drugs themselves. Kratom can be quite stimulating as can oxy but if you are finding your heart rate slows when you up your kratom dose it sounds to me like it is mostly down to the acute effects of a reduction in kratom dosing whilst still in underlying w/d from methadone.

I'm obviously not a doctor but it sounds more or less what I would expect if I were in your current situation. Obviously if it becomes uncomfortably concerning you should seek medical advice but I wouldn't personally expect any major issues with what you are doing aside from your system being a bit up and down and all over the place from the combination of methadone w/d and the acute effects of dosing kratom and oxy.

Good timing with the doctor's appointment. I'd explain to the doc the symptoms along with details of your kratom and oxy dosages. In all honesty I doubt the doc is gonna have much of a clue about kratom so I'd try explaining it as best you can and maybe printing off or noting down salient details from wiki so s/he has some idea of what effect it will be having.

PS: Welcome to BL and EADD in particular :)

Last edited:
My heart rate and BP where all over the shop when quitting methadone and it lasted months rather than weeks.

The thing that seemed a likely suspect for me is the clonidine as it's known for dramatically lowering BP and conversely causeing rebound hypertension on discontinuation....

I pretty sure youll survive until tomorrow but I would make sure you keep that doctors appointment tomorrow.