• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Re-crystallization of MDMA - 100% pure?

trippy888

Greenlighter
I plan on cleaning a shipment of mdma with acetone and then re-crystallize with isopropanol. Is it possible for other compounds to crystallize alongside mdma crystals? Or will all other compounds and impurities will left behind in the isopropanol soln?

Hi there, Did you read up on how to make you acetone anhydrous? That is crucial if you do not want to lose a lot of your MDMA in the wash.
You can purify after the acetone wash if you cool down a saturated solution of MDMA in IPA and filter the crystals out of the liquid, but that means losing some product.
If you are not ok with loss of product just take the clean MDMA powder, dissolve in minimal amount of IPA or ethanol or even water and leave it to dry on a container that will be easy to scrape, as the crystals are likely to stick to the bottom.

Hi there, Did you read up on how to make you acetone anhydrous? That is crucial if you do not want to lose a lot of your MDMA in the wash.
You can purify after the acetone wash if you cool down a saturated solution of MDMA in IPA and filter the crystals out of the liquid, but that means losing some product.
If you are not ok with loss of product just take the clean MDMA powder, dissolve in minimal amount of IPA or ethanol or even water and leave it to dry on a container that will be easy to scrape, as the crystals are likely to stick to the bottom.

yes, I will use epsom salt to make it anhydrous. The plan is to heat the epsom salt at 450F for 3 hours to make a fine powder, then I will sprinkly some powder into the acetone and wait in increments of 10 minutes. after 10 minutes I will add some more powder, if the powder doesn't sink, then I will know that the acetone is now anhydrous.

however, my question is: when mdma recrystalizes how much of an impurity will remain? will other compounds crystalize with the mdma? if not, then shouldn't the re-crystallized mdma be 100% pure?

The acetone will wash some impurities, but some may remain.
In that case they will be embedded in the crystals.