• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

RC drugs in general. Spoiled for choice and confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatArc

Greenlighter
I am brand new to the site. Thanks for letting me in. I also definitely do not want to violate the 'WHAT SHOULD I TAKE?' rule right off the bat, but am having trouble trying to navigate an entry point into Research Chemicals in Canada. Please help.

So to re-iterate; I AM trying to decide for myself which, if any of the hundreds of legal RC drugs available in Canada to even start researching for myself. I am NOT asking you what to 'take', I am trying to learn from you and spare myself hundreds of hours of independent research and reading on drugs (most of which I wouldn't know about until someone told me what to research to begin with.)

What I would like to do is get your thoughts on several questions and see if some of the same answers begin to come up. Please forgive me if this is in violation of the policy, but I am trying to be as nuanced and clear that I am not asking what should I take, but asking for advice about an entry point and asking about things I should consider while trying to decide for myself. Or perhaps if I describe a drug or an experience, an idea about what substance I might look into that resembles it.

1.) I am aware of allergy testing in small doses with RCs, and using test kits. What do you commonly do? Test one dose out of the group you purchase? Do they all come from the same 'batch'?

2.) What things have you considered when trying to choose which RCs you have explored? What are the RCs out there that are the most widely used and are regarded as being the most 'safe' or which have been tested the most. I would definitely like to be at the back of the line and testing from the ones that have been experienced the most.

3.) Which RCs are generally regarded as being the most euphoric and 'positive'?

4.) Specifically for Canadians, which legally obtained RCs do you understand to be the most common ones that beginners tend towards?

5.) Which RCs were the first ones you tried? Did you continue using them or did you replace it with something else? Why?

6.) As far as dosages go, I am a little worried about making mistakes measuring my own, particularly with drugs where the dosages are very small, are most obtained in pill form, or separated into doses? Any thoughts on this? Do most come in pre-dosed blotters or some other form of measured dose?

7.) I am new and eager and there seems to be an awful lot to know, and I am in no rush to dive into anything. What do you think I had ought to know that I am not thinking of or have got wrong so far? Anything else you can think of I had ought to be asking or considering?

I am not sure what kind of experience I am looking for. I think I am interested in exploring a lot of different ones, but certainly I would like to have good or positive experiences at first, and be able to learn to 'handle' or relax during other effects which might seem jarring or upsetting to someone uninitiated. I am certainly going to tread carefully and safely as possible. My experiences thus far have mainly been with psilocybin so far and never in high doses. I would like to experience other interesting mind states and see what they're all about and what they have to teach or offer, if anything.

Thank you for reading this and please answer as many or few questions as possible with as many specifics as you can. Also, remember, you are speaking to a novice in terms of both experience and drug knowledge, so please consider elaborating and helping out with specifics where you can.

-GA

First thing you should know, if you intend to proceed with confidence and safety, you'll have to commit to a lot of independent research and reading, regardless of how much advice you get from others. No better time to start than now.

This forum's beginner's FAQ (green link at the top of the page) is a very good place to start.

I'll give you the one piece of advice I consider most important: Don't take anything with "NBOMe" in its name, those drugs are relatively unpredictable and they caused some deaths when they first emerged several years ago.

What I did (and many others on here I'm sure) is read tons of trip reports for each potential substance on Erowid as well as in the Trip Reports forum here at Bluelight. There is no better way to get a sense for what to expect from a drug than reading reports of peoples' experiences.

I spent god knows how many hours reading about this shit before I tried anything... as a result, I was ready. I suggest the same. :)

Asking for the "best" or "safest" RC's is kind of like asking for the "best" or "healthiest" foods to eat.

There's RC benzodiazepines (tranquilizers similar to Xanax or Valium), RC psychedelics (similar to LSD or shrooms), RC dissociatives (similar to ketamine or PCP), RC stimulants, RC empathogens (similar to MDMA), even RC opioids (similar to Fentanyl or Tramadol)....

The list is near endless. Or (this being the psychedelics sub-forum) are you just talking about RC psychedelics? If so, that narrows it down a lot: For one, you have the lysergamides (LSD analogues) that are either converted to LSD in the human body (ALD-52 & 1p-LSD) or offer an LSD-like experience with a clearer headspace (the beautiful but "shallow" AL-LAD and the beautiful but "intense" ETH-LAD). The second most popular RC psychedelics are probably the 4-substitued tryptamines ("4-HO-xxT" and "4-AcO-xxT"), or "shroom-analogues", if you will. The 2C-series also has its fair share of admirers, but those were recently blanket-banned in canada.

Anyway, since you are looking for a substance that comes in pre-measured doses and has an established safety profile, ALD-52 (aka 1A-LSD) would probably be your safest bet, since it comes on pre-laid blotters and just turns into plain old LSD in your body. 4-HO-MET is also a fairly popular beginners' psychedelic (like shrooms, but with a lighter headspace), although that one usually comes as a powder, so you'd have to be able to measure out a ~20 mg dose.

In my opinion this is essentially a "What should I take?" thread.

There are a lot of new "RC" type drugs out there, but there are also still a lot of older drugs that have been around for a while. I honestly don't think it makes sense to decide that you are going to experiment with RCs alone, ie, very new substances with little to no data on their long term effects, often manufactured in labs with questionable to non-existent quality control practices, unless you have some kind of innate desire to be a human guinea pig. I concur with the point above that this is basically like asking "What food should I eat?" ... You should choose the drugs you want to do based on what you want to get out of the experience, and what interests you. If there is a particular class of substances that interests you more, then perhaps look for similar analogues in that category. If that sentence doesn't make sense to you, then in my opinion you have a lot of learning to do before you even think about getting a bunch of random and relatively unresearched chemicals to put into your body.

You say you are trying to save hours of independant research, but there is really no substitute for this. There is simply a lot to learn, about drugs in general, before you can make a considered and informed decision on what kind of substances fit your personal risk tolerance and preferences of intoxication, because this is different for everyone, and there is really no "cheat sheet" that anyone is going to be able to give you to skip the learning process that you need to undergo. And if you do try to skip the usual learning curve and jump right in based on someone elses advice, you are going to be very ill-equipped to handle an unexpected situation. What if you have an adverse reaction to a substance? What if something you take turns out to be something other than what you thought it was? There are a multitude of unexpected and potentially dangerous circumstances that could arise, and this is true again for drugs in general, not just RCs, but ESPECIALLY SO for RCs.

Nonetheless, I will try to answer your numbered points:

1.) You should test a sample of what you have actually obtained and are planning to ingest because you can't assume that different sources will be carrying the same chemical just because it has the same name. Some people like to test 1mg or so as an allergy test first. I personally haven't ever done this but I also haven't used any of the extremely new chemicals, and have been reasonably confident in my sources.
2.) I like dissociatives and psychedelics, so I sought out similar chemicals.
3.) This question is way too subjective. What drug is generally regarded as being the most positive or euphoric?
4.) I'm not Canadian but I would presume most people tend towards chemicals that interest them. Also, the idea that there are "beginner chemicals" and, by implication, more advanced ones, is kind of silly, in my opinion, but people with higher risk tolerances will tend towards newer and more untested chemicals. I wouldn't suggest you do this.
5.) I'm not going to answer this either because the line between RCs and more established but still quite new chemicals is getting kind of blurry, also if I were to answer this I feel like I'd be essentially answering your "What should I take?" question.
6.) Get a milligram scale, if you don't have one of these you have no business venturing into taking newer drugs. Learn about volumetric dosing. If you're not confident in your ability to dose properly then don't take the drug until you are.

7.) I think your main mistake is thinking of "Research Chemicals" as some kind of independent class that you can apply a set of rules to, but just as with all drugs every chemical is different and you will need to learn about each chemical individually before you decide to take it. You say that you're not sure what experience you're looking for, this makes me think you should stick with more well known drugs until you are, or failing that, do a lot of reading. When I was younger and before I had even done very many drugs I used to read trip reports on Erowid all the time, it really is a great resource. Once you find a chemical that peaks your interest, learn more about it until you feel ready to take it safely.

You should research by yourself and don't take advice from strangers.

I could told you to buy 3-meo-pcp because I'm a dissohead, but maybe you won't like it. A lot of people will rate MDMA as one of the best drugs while I hate it personally.

It's all very subjective, only you know yourself.

All drugs are different, and really, the independent research you need to do to learn about them is what makes you informed enough to be ready to take psychedelics. Having someone tell you, hey personally I think you should use <insert drug here> doesn't teach you a single thing except for the name of a drug that someone else likes and thinks you might like too, but they don't know you, and we're all different. The way you determine what you might want to try is by reading trip reports mostly. Erowid.org is where you can find these. I used to spend a lot of time reading them, in fact it was years before I learned how to get any RCs, and during those years I read all about them. I joined Bluelight and started discussing drugs with people in threads. We have a PD Index where there are lists of all the mega-threads about each substance. You can read through those too, and if you have any specific questions about that drug, you can post in the thread and people will answer your questions.

Basically, the responsibility is yours to become knowledgeable about drugs, we can't do that for you in 5 minutes by replying to your questions about what you should take. :)

Another thing is, if you decide to take any RCs, you need a milligram scale, otherwise you're eyeballing which is very dangerous and will lead to trouble. You can get an AWS Gemini-20 scale from eBay or amazon, for like $25, and they're perfectly sufficient.

I'm going to close this as it's a "what should I take" thread, which is not allowed. You got some good replies though.

Status
Not open for further replies.