• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Razor sharp crystals on weed can cut the body open from the inside out

BJCS333

Bluelighter
Hi so I have lung cancer and my doc said it was because of the razor sharp crystals that dealers put in their weed now to make them look full of thc but these shards can reassemble in the lungs and overtime my lungs gave way I had bloody pneumonia the other days then got rushed to the A & E for an x ray and ive only been smoking 2 years. warning watch those crystals guys they can cut open your insides and make your organs bleed to death oh I forgot my heart also has several piercing damage caused by these crystals people need to be warned

Sorry to hear whats happened.

There was actually quite a big fuss about this around my local area a few years ago, the weed had been sprayed with sand and was causing people the problems you have mentioned.

Dealers were spraying the weed with sand to both add weight and make it look like there were more trichomes than there was, very nasty trick even for dealers.

Best way to avoid it is buy off someone you know and trust. I personally buy weed from people who were friends before they were dealers so I have the benefit of them being mostly trustworthy, but the best way to avoid it is buy off someone you know and trust.

I know OP is trolling, but to psychonaut, how exactly would you spray sand on weed? first of all, a good portion of it would fall of anyway, making it clearly visible that there are sand grains in the bag, and what might stick to the weed would probably look really different to the real trichomes anyway... (at least in my opinion). if this really is a thing, how is it done?

I know OP is trolling, but to psychonaut, how exactly would you spray sand on weed? first of all, a good portion of it would fall of anyway, making it clearly visible that there are sand grains in the bag, and what might stick to the weed would probably look really different to the real trichomes anyway... (at least in my opinion). if this really is a thing, how is it done?

I appreciate what it's hard to believe, I was doubtful at first but there was quite a lot of fuss about it and the local police even put out posters warning people of it.

My understanding of how its done is that while the buds are still drying they make a sand/water solution with very finely ground sand. This is sprayed onto the still very sticky buds. When the dry is complete the fine sand is retained in the bud by the stickiness that was there on its application. I may be slightly wrong with exactly how they do it but it's very much a real danger.

Luckily that stuff has been gone from my area for a couple of years. A shame to hear other people are doing it as a lot of cannabis users aren't always wise to things like that with it being 'just a plant'.

Yeah it did happen it wasn't exactly "sand" but microscopic granules that you use in white road markings to make them glitter in the sun (if you get what I mean) there was a fair bit knocking about but everyone soon got wise to it.......UK by the way

I think what you mean by sand is actually silica. I got a few bags last year that I was convinced were sprayed with silica. I haven't read any stories or heard anything about it but I was certain that's what it was.

Yeah I've heard about pot being sprayed with all kinds of nasties.
Think they've used sugar in the past aswell.

You can usually tell by the ash. It can turn hard, really black and in some cases becomes really black an oily. Real bad stuff. Real different kind of ash to weed that hasn't been properly flushed may I add.

Silica isn't really known for being a carcinogen, though those who work with silica have a higher rate of getting lung cancer. An if you're combusting/inhaling it, then damn. Sorry to hear OP, not a nice thing to have. Hope it hasn't progressed too far and you still have a lot of options in terms of treatment.

Yeah I've heard about pot being sprayed with all kinds of nasties.
Think they've used sugar in the past aswell.

You can usually tell by the ash. It can turn hard, really black and in some cases becomes really black an oily. Real bad stuff. Real different kind of ash to weed that hasn't been properly flushed may I add.

Silica isn't really known for being a carcinogen, though those who work with silica have a higher rate of getting lung cancer. An if you're combusting/inhaling it, then damn. Sorry to hear OP, not a nice thing to have. Hope it hasn't progressed too far and you still have a lot of options in terms of treatment.

All I know is if it sparkles when it burns then that shit is suspect.

If the ashes are gritty then that shit is suspect.

If I can see my reflection in the buds, that shit is suspect.

Pretty good rules of thumb (or.... thumb rules?), to be honest.

But yeah, though, black ashes and you've got something less than usual on your hands. What's really trippy is when your ashes are vertically striped grey and black. That's only happened to me with blunts before, though (Dutchmasters.) I think it has something to do with the J burning differently when you're hitting it vs. when it's just chillin' in your hand, burning away, but multicolored ashes always fascinated me for some reason.

Ive heard people spraying weed with hairspray so it shines more and has more weight to it.. Couple weeks ago I bought some weed of some guy I know and the ashes where rock hard and didnt fell off, weed sparkled when holding a lighter to it... I could kill someone who does that shit to me...:! Thankfully I live in Belgium so the coffeeshops in holland are just 1h30 away and the borders are open.