• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

RAW Opium poppy pods

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
Hi all, was just wondering if anybody has scored and ingested the raw Opium latex that leaves the plant?

If so, ROUGHLY how many pods would you score and how many times?

Cheers.

I would look up the morphine content of raw opium and the pods and then calculate your dosage making sure to be overly careful. Opium can take a number of hours to take effect. Usually just the latex from 1-4 pods can be enough. We have no way of knowing if the pods are small medium or large. You would be much better off using the dried pods for tea. Just one medium pod can contain upwards of 30 mg of morphine.

You can make "tea" from fresh pods too.
No heating required. Just get a blender, food processor or even coffee grinder, and grind them to a lumpy mush.
Add to liquid (water will do...juice helps for taste) and gulp it down.
May not be glamourous, but it used to be my favourite. Dry pods are good to - the same method is applicable.

I used poppy pod tea for a few months following a surgery in 2009. It works. You shouldn't count the number of pods. Judge your dose by weight. I was taking 5 grams of dried pod grounds made into a tea several times a day once I had built up a tolerance.

I don't have experience with the latex, but you should weigh that too instead of going by the number of pods.

^ yeah, dose by weight of ground matrial, preferably.
Pods can be of surpirsingly variable potency.

Pods do vary in potency. I would get a whole order in the mail, grind it up, and evaluate how strong it is before jumping right to my regular dose.

It has been years, but I have a little backup stash in case of an emergency. Pods can be more effective than prescription opiates in terms of pain relief. I honestly hope I never take them again. Withdrawal last weeks afterwards.

Yeah, terrible thing to get hooked on. Used to be my favourite high though.

Raw opium contains kappa opioid agonists too, which is the receptor salvinorin a, the active chemical in salvia divinorum, activates . Did you guys ever get trippy effects when you consumed high dosages?

I used poppy pods along with high dose weed edibles for pain relief that one time. I got lots of trippy effects. I don't know how much was from the poppies and how much was from the weed capsules.

Have you used salvia divinorum? If so, can you differentiate between the THC effects and the likely kappa opioid, salvia-like effects from the opium?

I used to use salvia a lot. I recognize the psychedelic effects of salvia, but the whole post surgery thing was a haze of pain and feeling doped up 24/7. I remember enjoying the visuals when I'd close my eyes at night. I didn't appreciate it the the way I would have if circumstances had been different.

Poppy pods (with weed edibles) would probably be one of my favorite all time highs, if there was a way to enjoy it without repercussions.

I get lots of closed eye visuals with weed tinctures and edibles. Open eye visuals too if I take enough. My first real "trip" was a weed overdose where I ate too many brownies. I had closed and open eye visuals that whole weekend.

My experiences with acid and mushrooms might have made it easier to get visuals from weed. If I stay sober all week, one hit from my hash vape on a Friday gives me visuals every time.

My mistake, I was thinking weed. Not purer versions of THC. Pure THC itself produces reactions not unlike full agonist cannabinoids.

I think lots of opiates are known for the sort of lucid-dreamlike states they can produce.
Opium, certainly - but heroin and others as well.
People high enough to nod often find their mind creating other 'realities' - whilst being somewhat aware.
I have no idea what receptors are supposedly responsible for such phenomena, but it's definitely not unheard of.

Whether i would call it 'trippy' is another question. I would say 'no, not really'

My mistake, I was thinking weed. Not purer versions of THC. Pure THC itself produces reactions not unlike full agonist cannabinoids.

I've gotten visuals from weed, pure THC (marinol), and several of the full agonist cannabinoids. AM-2201 was the most visual for me. JWH-018 is better but less visual. I think some people are just more sensitive to the effects of cannabinoids. Good weed always feels like a psychedelic to me if I haven't gotten high in the last week.

I think lots of opiates are known for the sort of lucid-dreamlike states they can produce.
Opium, certainly - but heroin and others as well.
People high enough to nod often find their mind creating other 'realities' - whilst being somewhat aware.
I have no idea what receptors are supposedly responsible for such phenomena, but it's definitely not unheard of.

Whether i would call it 'trippy' is another question. I would say 'no, not really'

I'd call it "enjoyable", whatever it is. It's a beautiful thing but it doesn't last.

Did you get open eyed from visuals the full agonist cannabinoids? Or just closed eyed? Am-2201 is my DOC and I only get CEVs from that, and only when my tolerance is absolute zero, and only like the first two times I use it then and then it's gone.

I've had open eye visuals from AM-2201 and JWH-018 (and others). It always starts out with closed eye visuals, but if it gets intense enough the visuals break through and you see them everywhere. :) It's fun. It only works that way for me when I'm not getting high (with cannabinoids) every night. I've gotten in the habit of getting high on weekends only, so it's intense every time. The psychedelic aspects go away for me when it's a daily thing.

I've been growing my own weed forever, legally now in California. JWH-018 is still my cannabinoid of choice. Taking it orally, it feels like the best sativa strain you could ever find. I'm glad I found out about it when it was legal.