Ravers who Rave Sober

RaverBoy X

Bluelighter
When I say "sober" I don't just mean not drinking, I also mean not using drugs. Is there anyone else in this world that does what I do ? Whenever I go out it seems that all the other people are either drunk, high, or rolling and I'm the only sober person in the rave...if there is anyone out there that goes to raves without the necessity of the drugs speak out to prove to me that I'm not some kinda' freak to go sober...
Until recently I always needed X to go rave but now it kind of seems pointless because whether people believe me or not...X is quite expensive if you use it on an almost weekly basis like I did...especially if you don't work...
Sure, raving without X isn't as intense but I still manage to have quite a bit of fun just dancing and meeting people...
This is my new philosophy of raving without X, tell me what you think of it...
1) It's preferable that you go raving with a large group of friends so you still feel comfortable raving.
2) If you look deep enough inside you, you'll find that dancing can actually be quite enjoyable and it's like a natural adrenaline rush.
3) To replace the never-ending bursts or energy that X gives you, all that's needed is a little encouragement from people, you're friends in particular.
4) You have to let go of the thought that people care about how you dance, this is a big one because X does this for you when you roll.
Just had to get my thoughts out to all the Bluelighters...sorry if this is a pointless topic...
------------------
All I have to say is PLUR to everyone...I believe in what I say, I live it too!

miss apple and I went to party last night - sober.
Read under the K(night) Without Armour post..
I believe you can get there without the pills. It was a completely different night, and feel BUT the music was amazing and I DANCED LIKE I never have before..in fact my arms are sore, and I cant type much more...so, I'll leave it to apples to conitnue on the thoughts of partying sober.
cheers
mona.

dear goodness boy, you rock my world! i love raving sober. it's so fun and peaceful knowing you have the love inside you. At my very first rave(i was messed up), i met this one guy who was sober and i danced with him. I admired him so much. I saw him once more and never again after that...lol just tell me your name (can't help but wonder if you're him)
smile.gif

------------------
Melanie
-What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

just did it last night.
partied from 1-6
working from 9-5
work sucks!

Ooh, ohh! I went to a party sober last night. Had a good time.
Plus, ClIcK hErE. Just do it.
smile.gif
It relates to sober ravers and stuff.
~*~ Ashke ~*~

Well i have been raving for quite some time now (almost 6 years)the first 3 i was almost compleatly sober at every one (ecept really rare occasions) like once every 4 months or so. my 4th was not sober exept for once inawhile my 5th year was sober exept for mushrooms 3 times! but this year it has been mostly not sober. I would still like to go sober and sometimes i try and then 2 or 3 in the morning rolls around and im tried hurting like hell and i still have to drive! so when that happens i take something. i think im getting old or something (dont blame me though i work 9 or ten hours a day on friday and then go out and party, its really hard sometimes. but i love it when i get loads of energy and have a blast sober! (my 2 best parties i was!!)
------------------
MaD LoVin, Jessiy

I went to a club recently and had the best time ever while I was sober! I have never danced my ass off for 3 hours straight before. And the music...oh my god! Unbelievable! I have never gotten so high off the music before! It was insane. Some people look at me like I'm crazy when I say I get high off the music. God...when you just get those tingles all over your body and those feelings in your stomach...and this is without the drugs making you tingle. Well, I had a blast though!

I don't usually rave sober, but I have a couple of times and its still pretty cool, just have to cut out early. In particular I went to see Paul Oakenfold spin in December and I a paper to write the next day, so there was no option of rolling if I wanted to pass the course. It was my first sober party and I was actually amazed at how good it was. Dancing was awesome and people still seemed as friendly to me sober and they do on e.
Also I have a few friends who rave completely sober all the time. They might not have as much energy as me, but they still have the vibe and can still rival dancers who do e. Some people have a problem when they run into sober people at raves but personally it makes me so happy (especially when i'm rolling ) to know that the vibe isnt' purely drug induced.
------------------
"Reality is just a crutch for people who can't handle drugs."
-- Lily Tomlin

I rave sober sometimes. Alot of times I dont have enough cash to get the drugs or Im just not feeling that i wanna be fucked up (yes, there have actually been a few of those times). I agree with you, theres not as much intensity and I also get tired faster. But its great because I meet so many wonderful and beautiful people when Im rolling and when Im not. Besides as long as you're having a good time, thats all that matters
smile.gif

------------------
"We hold these experiences to be self-evident, that all is equal, that the creation endows us with certain inalienable rights, that among them are: the freedom of the body, the pursuit of joy, and the expansion of consciousness."

well, sometimes at my fraternity when we just want to throw together a small party at the last minute we get a dj friend of ours to spin, and i normally dont drink i just dance and its a blast. Last night i went to my first sober rave, Zelda at the masterdome. it was really wierd. even tho over all that night i didnt have a good night, i didnt have that bad of a time just dancing, even tho i was mainly by myself cause all my friends excpet one were on drugs and the one who was wasnt dancing. the music sucked and it was over crowded..but it still wasnt that bad... i wouldnt mind doing it again...in a better situation...
------------------
So I pray on my knees
From Heaven above
Send me somebody please
Someone to love
-The Artist Formerly Known As EckstahsE

I love to rave sober when i need a break...
I mean, what better excuse to get all hyped up on jolt cola, sugar and the adrenalin rush? hehehe
Andromeda
smile.gif

------------------
***This starship breaks for black holes and temporal disunities.***

I have a friend that has never takin any drugs at all in her life. No cigs, No drinking, NO DRUGS!! She raves like every weekend, and she is proof that you can have fun at raves even if you arent on drugs. I give her mad props for never going to a rave fuked up, she has been offered alot of drugs in the 2 years she has been raving and no drugs. I think that deserves mad respect because I know I wouldnt be able to do it. So anyone that says raving sober would suck and is impossible. ITS NOT. PEACE

wow, i never knew there was a ubb like this. this is cool. this is my first time and i actually got here by accident
smile.gif

anyway, you are not definitely not a freak. my friends and i sometimes go to rave sober, well some are, some aren't. we do coz either we don't have that much money to buy e or we want to "rest" bcoz we've been partying too much back then and that's not healthy. it is fun and cool being "sober" too, coz you just go there to have clean fun... just dance and dance and or drink and mingle and laugh. we have a friend who hasn't even taken any drugs.. well he's had pot before... anyway, he goes with us when we all go out and he always have a lot of fun so it's cool to be "sober" once in awhile.

I met a bluelighter that is completely sober and is able to keep up with all of the other people and then have some more energy to kick everyone's butts. And he is all about having fun and meeting new people. And i give him mad respect for that. I've been to parties both sober and rollin. Yes i do admit that while you are rolling the feeling is more intense but i also admit that you can get high out of the music and your friends around you. But one thing.... my arms get tired from the glostix... =P
PLURness
------------------
Buzzin
DrgnFly
""""""""""qp"""""""""""
*****BEAN me up Scotty*****

Hell ya
Give me some Guarana, Ginkgo, Ginseng, a Red Bull, Gatorade, and some good deep house or dubby trance and i'm THERE. Not just keeping up, but exploding with energy. It's all in your mood. Do you feel like charging it?
Note: Matt Fox of the University of Creation Spirituality in Oakland has been putting on these sober Techno Cosmic Masses every couple of months for a while. Rave as Mass? I've never been to one, sounds great.

Wow...
There is just this utmost respect that I have for sober ravers. Almost like I should bow down and kiss their feet although I know it sounds a bit much. E and other choice drugs (although I'm not very experimental) are so self-indulgent, but at the same time they feel so good.
Whatever the sober ravers' reasons are for their no-use rule, I think it is a beautiful thing to do.
I have always loved to dance. I've been to parties sober by choice, not because there wasn't anything available. Being sober can be really amazing because you really find out if you "belong" at a rave--as opposed to being there just for the drugs. I met a ton of sober people at Tripnosis (Detroit) this last week and I have utmost respect. All of them were really really really nice. What I like the most is talking to sober people without them looking down on you. I've had people walk away from me when I try to start a conversation--talk about buzzkill!
For those of you who rave sober by choice most of the time, I cannot tell you how much you mean to me. I know this sounds cheesy, but you all bring me back to reality and make me think about my purpose of going to parties.
If you were at Tripnosis and I met you, I love you to death! Or anyone else sober that I've met. You are an inspiration.
Rave on,
Adrienne