Rate the song above you (youtube) --- Part Deux Deux! (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
for inoxia's track:

it was higher tempo than I usually like my house but the 4/4 beat got me interested. Then it got to the melody and I loved it! I gave a little fist pump. :) 8/10

MilliVanilli:
That was a pretty cool techno track. This sounds like something I'd like to listen to after a night of partying and I'm chillen in my bed coming off of drugs. 7/10

Sarin Assault - Outer Limit

^ 3/10 trippy music. I like more up beat tracks

Here's mines .. focus on the lyrics / vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ez6zUuji7M

Last edited:
I do love a bit of progressive house, and this is pretty good. But the drums don't sound very well produced - in particular, the snare sounds too big and 'in yer face', and IMO really detracts from what would otherwise be a really deep, driving, hypnotic progressive house track. 6/10.

Paolo Mojo - 1983 (Eric Prydz remix)

Now that's some good progressive house, unlike a lot of the stuff that has become popular circa 2008. Love how the trancey elements kick in in the second half of the song. 8/10

New Shpongle track:

Shpongle - The God Particle

^ I really enjoyed it. Added it to my Youtube favorites, and I don't do that lightly.

edit: Listened to it a 2nd time. It's fucking good. Thanks. 10/10

Animal Collective - My Girls <--- My Pick

I actually really like AC, but I kinda dislike the direction they chose with their new album. IMO, they sounded better when they played crazy psychedelic indie rock. Their newer stuff sounds very packaged and product-like. Nevertheless, I actually think this particular track is decent. 7/10

End track from GTA2 (how I miss when the GTA series was revolutionary and not just a product of mediocre suburban consumerism - or maybe I am just getting old):

Scrapyard Mongrel - I Love This Feeling (Stoned Again)

That was some seriously bass-heavy techno, that would get me dancing my ass off in a club!!! 7/10.

Underworld - Rowla

Not quite my cup of tea, once again, I like my songs to have a little more variety. I felt like I was waiting for the song to change up a bit and get away from that one beat, but I can see how you could really get into it. Kinda funky song you can dance to. 6/10.

Bibio - Sugarette

That was a squelchy mess. I'm all for natural sounding beats (not quantized too tightly) but the drum hits sat pretty far off the grid. The sound design yielded some ugly (in a bad way) sounds that sounded like they were thrown on top of one another. It sounded like a z-grade Nosaj Thing or all of the worst elements of Brainfeeder's roster.
2/10

Ming + FS - "Worldwide"

Status
Not open for further replies.