Rate the song above you: non-electronic music

Status
Not open for further replies.
JUCIFER - "The Mountain"

This is some kind of filth, man. I like it, it reminds me a lot of Acid King. I kinda wish the guitars would do more than just lurk ominously, though. A higher-energy breakdown and/or solo would be welcome. I mean, I'm all for slow, distorted, sludgy stuff like this (and I'm totally down with the vocals, probably my favorite part), but this song promised a lot and didn't really take itself as far as it could've. 6/10, could've been 9/10 easily if the instrumental parts had been a bit more creative.

Some heavy psychedelic nectar for your ears ... Colour Haze are true masters of their craft.

Colour Haze - House of Rushammon

This song is up there with No Quarter - Led Zepellin

Seriously dude? You're just going to copy/paste a 5-month-old YouTube comment, spelling mistake and all, rather than actually listening to the song?

Let me review what's just been put up, and then I'll repost this song, because it remains unreviewed.

I'm not crazy about it, mainly because auto-tuned vocals just kinda make me laugh, but it's not terrible. Not something I'd listen to in my free time, though. It's pretty cheesy. 4/10

Now then let's try this again. Anyone want to listen to it this time?

Colour Haze - House of Rushammon

I enjoyed learning the guitar part while I had it in my hand.. Dont care for the slow monotune vocals and lack of transition in the melody. However it wasn't that bad.

Lets try something more along the acoustic dynamic range voice accompained by a piano..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CLIcxyAyqQ

The avett brothers..

You can thank me in a pm for saving your ear and brains.

Last edited:
Seriously dude? You're just going to copy/paste a 5-month-old YouTube comment, spelling mistake and all, rather than actually listening to the song?
wat? I listened to it. :eek:

lol, I was half "your momma told you if you don't have anything nice to say..." and half wanting to see if anyone caught it......so you're half good in my book anyway :D :thu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CLIcxyAyqQ

The avett brothers..

You can thank me in a pm for saving your ear and brains.
I'll go ahead and thank you here in open forum...you sir may have motivated me to actually spend funds towards a purchase :thu: great piece here...what a great lyric, and I can't say I'm not sure I haven't heard this before...

no disrespect for going in some other direction, but my history in this thread dictates it...and my history in this thread also dictates that the next guy will shit on my post.... but that's what I do :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htaaqRsVuBg

^ you called it my friend, this song lacks any type of originality. There is little to no talent associated with the creation of this song, albeit the mastermind it takes to get radio stations to play this. How the youth of our country enjoys this, i will never know. 2/10

America-Simon and Garfunkel

^ you called it my friend, this song lacks any type of originality. There is little to no talent associated with the creation of this song, albeit the mastermind it takes to get radio stations to play this. How the youth of our country enjoys this, i will never know. 2/10

America-Simon and Garfunkel

4/10 - so many better S/G songs to have picked from.

lol, I didn't know radio stations played it...possibly because I pay $15 monthly to have FM blocked from my car stereo :eek:

Perhaps this is more up your alley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YK_XPZ_Xhg

lol, I didn't know radio stations played it...possibly because I pay $15 monthly to have FM blocked from my car stereo :eek:

Perhaps this is more up your alley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YK_XPZ_Xhg

First off, wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just never turn the radio in your car stereo on?

Anyway, the musicianship that comes out when Phish and Neil Young get together and play a classic song is pretty fantastic. This jam evolves quite nicely and you can either let it fade into the background or pay really close attention and it's rewarding either way. It starts to wear out around the 11 minute mark and the guitars start faltering, but this is just something that happens when you're grooving on the same song for that long, I guess. I kinda tuned out for the last few minutes. Gets a 6/10 from me.

Here's one to trance out to ... not everyone will be into something as slow and repetitive as this song but I'll throw it out there and see if anyone likes it. Perception alteration recommended for this one.

Pharaoh Overlord - Transatlantic

Here's one to trance out to ... not everyone will be into something as slow and repetitive as this song but I'll throw it out there and see if anyone likes it. Perception alteration recommended for this one.

Pharaoh Overlord - Transatlantic

I acutally quite like it. I like stuff that you can just veg out to but keep the same tone going. This def fits that, and would def suit a psych voyage. 7.5/10 Im gonna look into finding some more of their stuff and see what its like.

SomethingALaMode Just found some stuff by these guys a couple days a go. Both accomplished musicians, one a violinist, the other a cellist. Take their skills and mix it with the club scene and you get this. Kinda neat.

Also, to whoever posted the acid mothers temple link, thanks! i like their stuff but im having some difficulty finding stuff to download. I found the track from the link you put up, but it only went to 96%, no more seeds : ( They are coming to Toronto in April, might check em out if i remember!

I acutally quite like it. I like stuff that you can just veg out to but keep the same tone going. This def fits that, and would def suit a psych voyage. 7.5/10 Im gonna look into finding some more of their stuff and see what its like.

SomethingALaMode Just found some stuff by these guys a couple days a go. Both accomplished musicians, one a violinist, the other a cellist. Take their skills and mix it with the club scene and you get this. Kinda neat.

Also, to whoever posted the acid mothers temple link, thanks! i like their stuff but im having some difficulty finding stuff to download. I found the track from the link you put up, but it only went to 96%, no more seeds : ( They are coming to Toronto in April, might check em out if i remember!

I quite liked that probably a 6.4 by my rating :), sounds quite electronic to my ears though

Heres one, apparently cocaine addiction was an issue in the 1920's aswell, listen to this one with an open mind really interesting lyrics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6tfNVbgwu4

Status
Not open for further replies.