• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

rate-limiting drugs - for drug mixtures / combos

C0MPAQ

Bluelighter
What I am looking for: Pretty much something like Naloxone, that does work universally with all drugs (not just opioids). I.e. a substance, which causes ill effects beyond a certain threshold. Or at least advances on a scale from "minor" to "unbearable". The goal is to reduce the maximum intake of a fluid it is mixed into, to inescapably limit consumption of the drugs you mix into it, once that step is taken.

Furthermore: It must not be poisonous (fit for daily consumption) and it must not induce vomiting.

If the importance of such a substance isn't yet clear enough (TL;DR):

Suppose, you had 2g methylphenidate (MPH) as powder at home .. but wouldn't want to, yet couldn't help to, huff it all in 2 days. Frying your brain in the process.

What could you possibly do?

E.g. mix it 10mg per ml with GBL / GHB (If you like that combo, I do a lot)! Thus doing 2g in 2 days would mean 100ml GBL per day, an insane amount that is hardly desirable. And at a lower MPH per GBL dose you would pass out before even being able to take that much.

Still, if you are unduly nuts and binging with 10mg/ml - 100ml/day could happen ... Even worse: both drugs in combination you could crave the MPH do 10ml in a single dose and freak out entirely, waking up in the psychiatric ward, having your "fun" of the wrong kind.

So suppose ... you had substance "X" which does virtually nothing at 5mg, causes crazy fatigue and stomach pain at 10mg, and that even worse with headaches at 20mg. You could mix the perfect ratio, e.g. 5mg "X" + 20mg MPH + 2ml GBL. Take more than that, do it once and never again. It ruins the turn entirely.

Even better: Suppose "X" had a half-life of 24 or 48 hours. "X" stacks too much compared to GBL and MPH, and restricts your daily intake to a few desired doses only, to avoid the ill effects.

IMAGINE you had prepared a fluid with "X" (and GBL if you want). Get your mail, open bag with MPH, dump into prepared bottle. DONE. No worries about frying brains. No holding back from huffing yourself up to cardiac arrest. No more "I will just flush it in the toilet and never order it again, but then I always do it anyway, and almost kill myself in my ignorance each time"-shit... no.

It doesn't have to be physical symptoms at all (esp. not those symptoms of poisoning). Take antipsychotics for example. Haldol would be perfect for the job, if it had a non-linear effect curve. No antipsychotic does sadly. I can't imagine a worse feeling than a moderate to high dose of antipsychotics. Even being in agony from pain is preferable to that. SADLY, even if the crippling effect of antispychotics might go unnoticed in small doses without drugs, on drugs it ruins their effect enormously compared to the dose.

So ... any ideas?

Yeah ... Ipecac would work somewhat, if it weren't quite that poisonous and there wouldn't be the huge risk to randomly suffocate in your sleep on GHB

Last edited:
GBL already tastes like ass ... its hardly enough to stop an addict from using.

Can you buy 64 oz jugs of water and measure out one days dose and put it in each bottle? That way atless you wanna watch water boil all day your basically stuck at that dose

just do what pharmas do and mix it with a whole buncha paracetamol
but i guess you could just cwe it
antabuse?
or pee on it

yeah pee on it

I think adding paracetamol would be like try to keep your from going in the. Cookie jar by placing a lock that you know the combination for .

I think adding paracetamol would be like try to keep your from going in the. Cookie jar by placing a lock that you know the combination for .

Haha that's a good analogy.

I have to imagine that if there was such a perfect drug that only made amphetamines unpleasant at high doses, pharma would've been all over it. I can't think of anything that wouldn't be straight toxic or potentially dangerous with the MPH... at least not anything that's readily available OTC. You're just going to have to practice some self control. If you have access to this drug, there's no way you're going to be able to not get more of it if you want it.

If your goal is to avoid redosing, have someone hold onto it for you if you can. Otherwise, portioning your daily dose would be a possible alternative.

A psychedelic might not do much to affect your MPH at low doses but would be quite unpleasant at higher doses, but that's also not a very safe combo. Maybe diphenhydramine? I've never taken the two together, but I can't imagine it would be fun. Just spitballing here

Decaff black coffee is pretty nasty lol plus you probablt dont have organic solvents laying around and equipment to evap them so your basically stuck with the nasty liquid.

I almost want to close this. It sounds like you have a serious problem with compulsive stimulant use. Are you serious that you've taken 2 full grams (2,000mg) of Methylphendiate in 48 hours?

I have done that ... without the cardiovascular effects of GHB I most likely wouldn't have survived.

Diphenhydramine ... true that stuff is nasty AND psychedelic like brugmansia. You take too much of it ... you go nuts entirely. The kind of PCP horror stories you have heard about ... Damn.