• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Rapid Loperamide assisted detox from massive opiate habit works VERY well!

I should add that I am still feeling somewhat shitty, I am tired, lethargic and unmotivated but not depressed, sad or anxious or anything serious. No cravings whatsoever, so far. Just somewhat useless, lazy and not 100% fit mentally. Body is fit again, hitting the gym hard and muscles and strength came roaring back alongside my libido/testosterone, the body is not the problem here it is the mind that is still affected. I don't know whether that is lingering withdrawal, PAWS or just lack of proper sleep. I sleep for 4-5h per night but that is only possible with some booze and a tiny joint of 50:50 mix of real weed and CBD weed. Proper weed makes me all paranoid and freaks me out but mixed with the CBD stuff it puts me to sleep without a racing heart and paranoid thoughts. Without anything, I just sleep for 2-3h, which really sucks. Not yet sure whether the weed is good for me because I am still super tired after the 4-5h of sleep it helps to induce/prolong. Seems to suppress dreams as I don't remember any dreams whereas I was dreaming weird stuff all the time whenever I got some sleep.
It sounds like you’re still in a that final PAWS period. Anytime I quit for an extended period, I didn’t start to feel like my old self until those days when I slept long periods, dreamt normally and sort of eased into a happy, calm-minded wake up. You’ll get there. I just wanted to add that yes, you’re spot-on about the way the lope builds up in your system. That was part of my equation for sure. And also that it seems like you have a good plan together…my reply was more intended for someone who is the equivalent of myself from five years ago, reading all this. Maybe they’ll be more mindful of the risks of being careless with that stuff.

It sounds like you’re still in a that final PAWS period. Anytime I quit for an extended period, I didn’t start to feel like my old self until those days when I slept long periods, dreamt normally and sort of eased into a happy, calm-minded wake up. You’ll get there. I just wanted to add that yes, you’re spot-on about the way the lope builds up in your system. That was part of my equation for sure. And also that it seems like you have a good plan together…my reply was more intended for someone who is the equivalent of myself from five years ago, reading all this. Maybe they’ll be more mindful of the risks of being careless with that stuff.

Yeah, I am not yet concerned. It's only been 6 weeks without the poppy plant now, which is not that much given that I was on Kratom for many years and then on the poppy powder for another year. I was actually expecting to be messed up for around two months or so. Still sucks, I felt great a few weeks after stopping but now the fatigue and lack of drive starts to piss me off, it is grinding me down slowly.

Can't even enjoy the booze much. I used to love drinking beer and wine in the evening while cooking and listening to the radio but now there is something missing. That warm glow from booze, the fuzzy feeling in your stomach and then in your head is just not there any more, it just makes me drowsy and tired, which I use for sleeping purposes now. I guess that it is depleted endo-opioids that is causing the lack of pleasure from booze. They are giving naltrexone to alcoholics for a reason, blocked opiate receptors take away the pleasure from drinking. For me, it is most likely depleted endogenous opioid peptides or severely desensitized receptors that block the euphoria/glow from alcohol. I don't even like the taste of my favorite French and Spanish red wines any more, which is really odd given that I have been drinking these wines for many years. Whisky still tastes okay so I drink two or three glasses of Scotch before my bedtime weed treatment.

Yeah, I am not yet concerned. It's only been 6 weeks without the poppy plant now, which is not that much given that I was on Kratom for many years and then on the poppy powder for another year. I was actually expecting to be messed up for around two months or so. Still sucks, I felt great a few weeks after stopping but now the fatigue and lack of drive starts to piss me off, it is grinding me down slowly.

Can't even enjoy the booze much. I used to love drinking beer and wine in the evening while cooking and listening to the radio but now there is something missing. That warm glow from booze, the fuzzy feeling in your stomach and then in your head is just not there any more, it just makes me drowsy and tired, which I use for sleeping purposes now. I guess that it is depleted endo-opioids that is causing the lack of pleasure from booze. They are giving naltrexone to alcoholics for a reason, blocked opiate receptors take away the pleasure from drinking. For me, it is most likely depleted endogenous opioid peptides or severely desensitized receptors that block the euphoria/glow from alcohol. I don't even like the taste of my favorite French and Spanish red wines any more, which is really odd given that I have been drinking these wines for many years. Whisky still tastes okay so I drink two or three glasses of Scotch before my bedtime weed treatment.
I completely agree on the idea that ever since my little romance with opiates, booze has never quite been the same. Not even close, really — even if I’ve been clean for a month or two and everything else feels back to normal. It just doesn’t hit my brain the same as it did, or give that glow you mentioned. So your more technical insights there were interesting to me. They ring true.

I was heartened by your description of kratom withdrawal as being less debilitating than you’d expected, because for the past few years, I’ve been using strictly that. Its cheapness and availability are a blessing and a curse, I suppose, but its consistency is much preferable to the highs and lows of scoring pills. I don’t get too “high,” but I don’t have to dread an imminent withdrawal and what that will mean for the workday, for interacting with people — you know how it is. I haven’t given quitting an honest shot, and a large part of that has been the fear that it would have me in the same agonizing misery as my previous pill detoxes — physically but especially mentally (anxiety, racing thoughts, and an overwhelming view of the world as a bleak place). You see mixed reviews about it on these forums, but your experience has me thinking it’s worth a shot. And come to think of it, I did once go from a strictly-extract phase back down to plain leaf with surprising ease. So maybe there’s reason to be hopeful on that front.

I'm surprised that people liked AH-7921. For me it stopped abstinence syndrome but didn't have any noticeable effects. In fact, we went on to U-47700 because we didn't think AH-7921 would be at all popular.

If you have something like Chemoffice, minimize energy & overlay AH-7921 with pethidine. Perfect fit. Then try U-47700 and beta prodine. Again, perfect fit.

I'm surprised that people liked AH-7921. For me it stopped abstinence syndrome but didn't have any noticeable effects. In fact, we went on to U-47700 because we didn't think AH-7921 would be at all popular.

If you have something like Chemoffice, minimize energy & overlay AH-7921 with pethidine. Perfect fit. Then try U-47700 and beta prodine. Again, perfect fit.
At least for me AH-7921 was extremely potent, 100mg or so put me in a very pleasant nodding mode every time. I often combined it with a strong stimulant to overcome its sedating effect, though.

I completely agree on the idea that ever since my little romance with opiates, booze has never quite been the same. Not even close, really — even if I’ve been clean for a month or two and everything else feels back to normal. It just doesn’t hit my brain the same as it did, or give that glow you mentioned. So your more technical insights there were interesting to me. They ring true.

I was heartened by your description of kratom withdrawal as being less debilitating than you’d expected, because for the past few years, I’ve been using strictly that. Its cheapness and availability are a blessing and a curse, I suppose, but its consistency is much preferable to the highs and lows of scoring pills. I don’t get too “high,” but I don’t have to dread an imminent withdrawal and what that will mean for the workday, for interacting with people — you know how it is. I haven’t given quitting an honest shot, and a large part of that has been the fear that it would have me in the same agonizing misery as my previous pill detoxes — physically but especially mentally (anxiety, racing thoughts, and an overwhelming view of the world as a bleak place). You see mixed reviews about it on these forums, but your experience has me thinking it’s worth a shot. And come to think of it, I did once go from a strictly-extract phase back down to plain leaf with surprising ease. So maybe there’s reason to be hopeful on that front.

For me Kratom stopped working so I had to quit. It was also causing weird anxiety and even minor panic attacks when I drank coffee on top of the Kratom. The withdrawals were really no big deal but I did use around 12mg of Immodium per day for my later Kratom withdrawal episodes, which helped a lot. I would give it a try, it is really very different from morphine withdrawal, totally different game. I always stayed functional during Kratom withdrawal, even without loperamide, it was like a flu that makes you weak and irritable but I could get stuff done. Morphine withdrawal made me collapse into a puking, shivering mess, rolling around on the floor in agony, unable to do anything at all. I couldn't even type a one word whatsapp message any more, the mobile phone dropped out of my hands when I tried.

Last edited:
Okay, it's been exactly 6 weeks now since stopping the poppy powder. There are days where I feel almost normal again and there are still days full of fatigue and lethargy but nothing really serious. One thing is really notable: My natural level of aggression is back with a vengeance. The Kratom and especially the morphine turned me into this extremely mellow, chilled out person that never got angry or agitated. That is gone now. While repairing a broken dishwasher I got so angry that I smashed a bowl that I was using for the water coming out of the detached pipes. I threw my mobile phone against the wall for some minor reason and I almost got into a fight with an obnoxious cyclist who yelled at me for standing in his way. Thankfully the idiot fu**ed off before I completely lost it. Petrol consumption of our car went up massively because I am back at abusing the gas pedal on the German highways again, enjoying the thrill of speeding along at 120 miles per hour.

LOL, good old me, back after so many years. I'll have to put in more of an effort to overcome or control these bouts of rage, had totally forgotten about that side of my personality. My wife likes this development, she tells me that she missed that explosive side of me.

So, it's been a while since I last posted something. It took about two months to feel completely normal again. The sneezing finally stopped, the lethargy evaporated, sleep returned to normal, I am like I used to be before opiating myself. For better and for worse, can't say that everything is better now. Oddly, I don't have any opiate cravings, which is good.

Well, I don't think we went above 60mg of AH-7921 in testing. U-47700 seemed much better and was an order of magnitude more potent. Synthetically, it was actually SIMPLER.

What does surprise me is that nobody seems to have looked at the QSAR of the prodine series and apply it to the benzamide opioids. As a said, the important 3-methyl moiety in prodine overlays the N-methyl of U-47700 so if you find something else to place at the 3, something that increases potency by a large factor in the prodine series, it's very likely to do the same for U-47700.

I think allylprodine is the most potent of the prodine series.

I have to say that poppy/opium/morphine (all the same, I guess) withdrawal is much better than Kratom withdrawal. Sure, the acute withdrawal is in a totally different league but the initially mild Kratom withdrawal really dragged on, gave me PAWS for a month and caused persisting lethargy and mild anhedonia for several months. Libido was gone for good, was not interested in sexual activity for a year or more after Kratom, could hardly get it up properly. There must be other receptor activity with Kratom, causing those persistent symptoms. Nobody knows, but there is literature on serotonin agonist activity of Kratom. It is probably like getting off an opioid and and SSRI all at once.

Now, a month after morphine use, I am starting to feel awesome. Sleep still sucks but everything else is good/great. Hit the gym the last three days (still hurts a bit), strength and motivation are back, libido is raging, LOL, feel like a teenager. My wife noticed that I started getting VERY interested in her again, she was a bit surprised but I know she likes it. Sadly she is still mad at me for using and being a useless POS for a few weeks but I know her well. In a week or two we'll be back in bed to have a go at good old reproduction. She loves being desired too much and I am pretty sure she is still attracted.
i thought i was the only one that actually preferes normal opioid/ate withdrawals to kratom withdrawals! I completely agree, the protracted nature of the krat withdrawal, and for me the non-linearity (i could feel worse at day 7 than day 3), and the fact that the wds are mostly mental - anxiety, sleeplessness, horrible depression etc. To me those are much more unbearable symptoms than being physically ill. glad you made it through either way.

I really have to think about opiate use going forward. I am pretty sure that the magic is gone for good now, going back on the poppy powder would result in a good few weeks, followed by rapid tolerance and physical addiction and mediocre beneficial effects until side effects take over again in a few months. Is it worth it to suffer for two months, be a useless POS for that time, just to get high for a few weeks?

I wish I had the willpower to use the poppy pods for only one day per week. But I know I cannot do that, I am too weak. Problem is that I NEED some kind of strong intoxication now and then. Booze just doesn't do it, it is too shitty a drug. A good amount of hard liquor plus a joint of potent weed is getting close to an acceptable effect but a bit too harsh on me. It is a shame that the really awesome 1P-LSD substance is no longer freely available over here. That stuff was the real deal, I could get extremely high on 300µg of it once per month or even less without any urge to use more often. May have to grow some mushrooms, which should be similar to the 1P-LSD.