• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Rapid detox help

Doobie1990

Greenlighter
I quit pressed 30’s, about 4-6 a day, with my last dose being last Friday and then 45 mg real oxycodone Saturday night. It’s now Thursday night. I started taking suboxone Monday morning starting with 4mg throughout the day. I’ve then taken 2mg Tuesday, 1mg Wednesday, and then 1 mg today. I’m out of suboxone. What should I expect from here on out in terms of withdraws? I’m desperate to get clean.

Hey there Doobie :)

It sounds like you have a pretty good handle on your situation in terms of lowering your dose and tapering with Buprenorphine.

The thing is, a lot of folks consider the phase of going from "a little bit" to absolute zero to be difficult. You're not dealing with a heavy tolerance or dependence, so I wouldn't expect anything crazy in terms of withdrawal symptoms.

Are you able to acquire more Buprenorphine? If so, I would recommend performing a micro dose taper. This would pretty much consist of taking fractions of fractions of Buprenorphine over the course of the next few days until you're at zero.

This would probably be less traumatic than going from 1mg Buprenorphine directly to zero. However, I wouldn't expect your symptoms to be anything extreme or unmanageable.

Keep us updated and we will help you through the process if you end up having a hard time.

Unfortunately I can’t get anymore subs. I have kratom and gabapentin. Have about 6 800 mg gabs.

Don’t be surprised when you think you’re in the clear.... then BOOM.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just trying to be realistic.

Let me ask 1 question. You said on Monday you took 4mg “throughout” the day. What exactly does that mean? That perhaps you took 2 msgs, didn’t feel good, took 1mg a few hours later, then another mg a few hours later... and then Tuesday went back to 2mg.?

Years and years ago before my habit was were it’s at now, I was able to do a quick Sub taper And I thought all was well until day 11 off everything and was really confused why i was sick. Aaahhh yes. The early years, when naivety and wishful thinking get you nowhere 🙂

Anyway, everyone is dIfferent. Only time will tell. But try to stay with a positive demeanor. The mental aspect of things can be really hard so the quicker and longer you can stay positive, can make all the difference.
Good luck.

Edit: I just saw that you have. Keaton and gaba. If you are trying to get clean of everything from this point forward.... I wouldntnset up a schedule like you did with the sub. If you start to feel real bad maybe take gaba but only take when needed. Don’t get in the habit of saying I am going to take this much, at this time, on this day, if you get what I mean. If you start to do this, the compulsive excessive thinking starts, and that can be SO draining and overpowering. And it becomes obsessive.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I can’t get anymore subs. I have kratom and gabapentin. Have about 6 800 mg gabs.

Hi again Doobs! Like you would with any other drug, really try to hold off on medicating until you are truly feeling bad. You have a limited supply of Gabapentim, so I would try to save those for day 2-3 when you are having trouble sleeping. Gabapentin helps with a lot of symptoms, both mental and physical, but Akathisia/Restless Legs are the symptoms that I dread the most and that Gabapentinoids help with the most.

You want to avoid using the Kratom (Mitragynine) if at all possible. Using any Opioids during your withdrawal phase can set you back disproportionately. I know it is tempting when you're really feeling sick.

If you find that you're just not ready and you have to start over, don't be too disappointed. If you are just too sick and canr make it, we will definitely help you with that. Keep us updated!

I’ve withdrawn numerous times before. Even ct once. Just never on pressies. I did the subs and then relapsed for 24 hours now pharma oxy. Hopefully I didn’t screw too much up. It’s the devil we fight to get and stay clean.