• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Random useful benzodiazepine/ Barbiturate information

bEnZo bUdDyY

Bluelighter
I am currently prescribed both xanax and phenobarbital together for my mental health problems and epilepsy.

Also I take buprenorphine N8 strips, due to the fact I used to be a intravenous H user. I have no been clean and on Suboxone for almost 2 years now.

But the reason I started this thread is to spread some useful information, just in case your in a situation like mine.

Well anyways as I said above im prescribed xanax 1 mg three times daily and phenobarbital 32.4 twice daily.

I was finally taking all my meds as prescribed and they were working great together for me. Well then I started taking more xanax obviously to get more of a buzz/relaxation and I honestly thought I could just save my phenobarbital since there like supposedly the heroin of benzos since barbs are supposedly so much stronger. Well I was sadly very wrong thankfully I have a klonopin source and that saved my ass this month or I would of been in the hospital for sure!!
Once the xanax ran basically out I switched over to the phenobarbital just twice a day i woke up in severe withdrawal at night omg terrible ran and popped 3 at once for relief .... None came till hours later due to phenobarbital long half life and induction. Then I had to take at least 5 a day and it still wasnt helping for some reason. I looked into it and they both do hit the same GABBAa receptor but do different effects basically. Barbs hit it and work by streching its medicine out on that channel and benzos just flood it and open it wide open to flow. So thus phenobarbital is a very shitty benzodiazepine withdrawal aid. But it will keep you from having seziures which was good but you will still feel sick!

Thankfully one of my friends had some klons to spare wow omg i would of never of made it, I only have one phenobarbital pill left and my doc appt. Isnt until the 31st of this month....

Really the moral of this story is please always take medication as directed by your doctor. I will practice what im preaching I hate goin thru this monthly running low.... Benzo sickness is horriffic and makes opiate withdrawal look like nothing! And you cant IV benzos so no rapid relief you gotta pop a bar and wait or a klon. And especially have to wait when popping the phenobarbital that stuff takes a while to creep into your brain.

Peace